Teddy Bridgewater market???

19 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I saw somewhere Teddy Bridgewater can be had for a 4th rounder but so far no takers.

Could be waived

Wants a 2 year deal

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/04/report-handful-of-teams-see-teddy-bridgewater-as-potential-starter/

He's a UFA.

Nobody is talking about a trade for him.

The only way he's not a UFA is if the NFL decides to uphold the Vikings' request to extend his contract because of the situation (which I doubt they will)

32 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If Cleveland and the Giants want to draft their favored qb prospect there is no package that will entice them to make a deal. You are mixing up what you want to do with what the trading partner wants to do. What's in our best interest isn't necessarily in their best interests. If the hotshot in a luxury car wants to go out with the voluptuous babe and she says no, then you are not going out with her. You then have to go to your next option or stay home and watch reruns of The Big Bang Theory. 

Browns said they would deal the pick 

Giants have said committed to Eli 

both point to being Ok moving the pick for the right package see how that works 

1 hour ago, elltrain22 said:

What is his market value?? Gotta say I'm VERY intrigued with him. Very nice prospect that offers alot of risk but huge reward. 

Not an agent but,.......

1 year 10 million dollar contract with plenty of incentives???

...he's only 25....my guess is he is looking for longer term with guaranteed money versus incentives.....he could be (certainly hope not) a major injury setback away which is why I think longer term financial security is his goal.......

1 minute ago, billykay said:

Relax 3rd, it was funny.

Whether or not it is funny has no bearing on whether or not it should be posted here. TOS specifically prohibits political talk on the main board. We have a designated place to talk **** about politics and that is Politics Polls and Pundits, known as PPP.

I just think if we want to take a risk on a quarterback, let’s go for something shiny and new, like a draft pick. We can dream then he will be a gem, and then at least we can say he is ours, too. TB has injury history and has not proven himself long term.. Yes, a qb draft pick has not proven anything in the nfl either, but it gives me less pessimism, and more hope.

4 minutes ago, drf1835 said:

I just think if we want to take a risk on a quarterback, let’s go for something shiny and new, like a draft pick. We can dream then he will be a gem, and then at least we can say he is ours, too. TB has injury history and has not proven himself long term.. Yes, a qb draft pick has not proven anything in the nfl either, but it gives me less pessimism, and more hope.

Agreed, we could easily swing and miss on a high end QB prospect but at least it shows that this FO gives a crap. I'd have no problem letting this staff try twice at the QB position if they swing and miss the first go around.

Just get her done.......

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, kdiggz said:

He's not. Slightly better passer minus the running ability. I'd probably take Tyrod and I think Tyrod is terrible.

He's not terrible, he's just not a franchise altering QB

58 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Whether or not it is funny has no bearing on whether or not it should be posted here. TOS specifically prohibits political talk on the main board. We have a designated place to talk **** about politics and that is Politics Polls and Pundits, known as PPP.

My bad - I will refrain from poltico post in the future.....point taken - BUT it was still funny.  Never again....

1 minute ago, Kwai San said:

My bad - I will refrain from poltico post in the future.....point taken - BUT it was still funny.  Never again....

I was told the same thing several years ago and did take my political thoughts to PPP.  It's been an interesting and very educational ride down there.

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If Teddy Bridgewater is the plan, then just keep Tyrod. The guy isn’t even better then the guy we have now. Come on with this ****. Are we ever going to actually get serious about being good? There are 3 choices IMO and 1 appears to be gone. 

-Cousins

-Move up to 1 Darnold

-Move up to 2 Rosen

Enough of the games here. Let’s actually be good for a change. We traded all this talent last year and money balled 17. Use those picks to get the real good QB and let’s go.

Totally agree that moving way up is the way to go. I'm just wondering what everyone think TB's market value is. If we can't move up into the top 5, and we draft Jackson/Allen/Rudolph, then I like the idea of Bridgewater as a bridge QB

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...he's only 25....my guess is he is looking for longer term with guaranteed money versus incentives.....he could be (certainly hope not) a major injury setback away which is why I think longer term financial security is his goal.......

Very true, but I doubt any team wants to commit past 1 year bc of the drastic nature of his injury. He's definetly on a "prove it" type deal. Some team might be desperate, but given the dollars is costs to sign QB's, Bridgewater might have to settle for a 1-year deal. 

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

You aren't intrigued by the other Bridgewater threads?

Sorry if I didn't reply to those, but I probably did! I am a total addict about us upgrading the QB position.