4 Round Mock Draft w/trades. NFL.com

PIZ

7 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:
MOCK DRAFT
Chad Reuter is back with his second mock draft. This one expands into the fourth round and features some surprising trades in the first round. See every team's early picks here.

2s7fi4m.jpg

53. Bills: Jamarco Jones, OT, Ohio State

56. Bills: Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn

96. Bills: Frank Ragnow, C, Arkansas

121. Bills: Tyquan Lewis, EDGE, Ohio State

The details.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Impossible to assess without knowing what needs will be addressed in Free Agency. 

Yes, it’s impossible to assess, but why wouldn’t you address the two biggest needs. At least one of them.  We have 1 decent LB under contract (Alexander isn’t an option at LB imo). We have 1 DT and he may retire.  Why would one assume that we would completely fill our two biggest needs in free agency.  When doing mock drafts pre free agency, most people try and fill the biggest needs.  Sure, we can use the other positions he predicted, but all are lower on the priority totem pole than DT and LB (minus qb, as it’s the most important postion). At the moment, I believe our qb unit is better than our DTs and LBs and it’s not really close.  We don’t have any DTs or LBs.

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yes, it’s impossible to assess, but why wouldn’t you address the two biggest needs. At least one of them.  We have 1 decent LB under contract (Alexander isn’t an option at LB imo). We have 1 DT and he may retire.  Why would one assume that we would completely fill our two biggest needs in free agency.  When doing mock drafts pre free agency, most people try and fill the biggest needs.  Sure, we can use the other positions he predicted, but all are lower on the priority totem pole than DT and LB (minus qb, as it’s the most important postion). At the moment, I believe our qb unit is better than our DTs and LBs and it’s not really close.  We don’t have any DTs or LBs.

Who knows how the draft plays out.

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Who knows how the draft plays out.

No one KNOWS.  He’s still clueless. I can’t see us filling all of those Lb and DT positions via free agency this offseason.   Do you?  

When conducting a mock draft you should keep a teams biggest holes in mind.  He didn’t, so he’s clueless imo.  His track record shows similar.

Just now, NewEra said:

No one KNOWS.  He’s still clueless. I can’t see us filling all of those Lb and DT positions via free agency this offseason.   Do you?  

When conducting a mock draft you should keep a teams biggest holes in mind.  He didn’t, so he’s clueless imo.  His track record shows similar.

One DT I can see.  LB is a bigger question mark in UFA. BTW, I'd take Rosen over Mayfield. 

For all the people saying "No DTs or LBs? GARBAGE!"

First...there's no way of saying this without knowing what the Bills do in free agency. What if they bring back Preston Brown and Kyle Williams and sign Bennie Logar or Star Lotulolei?

And more importantly: If the Bills move up and secure what they believe to be a franchise quarterback, then that's all that really matters to me. The rest will take care of itself. And in this example, they also have the Bills fortifying the offensive line with likely day one starters at RT and C. I'd be happy with this draft.

Me too.  Rosen is my #1 qb

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

One DT I can see.  LB is a bigger question mark in UFA. BTW, I'd take Rosen over Mayfield. 

Agreed, I’d take Rosen over mayfield as well.  He’s my #1 qb by a pretty good margin.  Trying to decide between Darnold and Baker for #2 qb. 

I’d be shocked and pissed if we didn’t draft 1 DT.  

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

For all the people saying "No DTs or LBs? GARBAGE!"

First...there's no way of saying this without knowing what the Bills do in free agency. What if they bring back Preston Brown and Kyle Williams and sign Bennie Logar or Star Lotulolei?

And more importantly: If the Bills move up and secure what they believe to be a franchise quarterback, then that's all that really matters to me. The rest will take care of itself. And in this example, they also have the Bills fortifying the offensive line with likely day one starters at RT and C. I'd be happy with this draft.

My $100 to your $50 that the Bills draft either a DT or a LB.  Care to wager?  It’s a mock draft.  Our two biggest holes are DT and LB, yet he chooses to ignore both positions.  It doesn’t make sense.  

I mean, why not just predict that we draft 2 safeties and 2 CBs.  We could trade Hyde, Poyer and Tre’Davious prior to the draft.  You ever know, it COULD happen.  He didn’t imply we are trading Glenn, yet we take a tackle.  We have two solid tackles.  Yet we have zero DTs or LBs.  

my point is, he didn’t address either of our 2 biggest needs.  That usually means that they have no friggin clue.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

My $100 to your $50 that the Bills draft either a DT or a LB.  Care to wager?  It’s a mock draft.  Our two biggest holes are DT and LB, yet he chooses to ignore both positions.  It doesn’t make sense.  

I mean, why not just predict that we draft 2 safeties and 2 CBs.  We could trade Hyde, Poyer and Tre’Davious prior to the draft.  You ever know, it COULD happen.  He didn’t imply we are trading Glenn, yet we take a tackle.  We have two solid tackles.  Yet we have zero DTs or LBs.  

my point is, he didn’t address either of our 2 biggest needs.  That usually means that they have no friggin clue.  

Fair enough. In my opinion, every one of his picks was at a need position. We need a RT, C, CB, EDGE, and QB. They may not be the BIGGEST needs, but what if the value isn't there at those picks? Would you still prefer he plug a DT and LB into the mock just because those are the biggest needs?

I'm not saying the guy doing the mock isn't clueless about the Bills. He probably is. Most mock drafters are. But this whole "every pick made needs to fill a primary need" idea is off base. That's often not how drafts work, especially if the value isn't there. And once again, the positions he picked for the Bills ARE needs. And for the record, I too think the Bills will draft a defensive tackle and a linebacker. But my MAIN point was that if they identify and then trade up for and secure what they believe to be a franchise quarterback, the rest is gravy to me.

Edited by Logic