2-28: McDermott & Beane Pressers/Interviews at the Scouting Combine

26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, fansince88 said:

The thing that really really really surprised me is neither coach or GM said Tyrod sucks and we need to trade him now!!

While Im not even a smig of a TT fan these days......I got to wonder what his mind is going through right now? 

TT and his agent know exactly what is going on.

His agent is working the phones just as much as the OBD.

IMO.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

How dare people have a different opinion!!! 

;)

This wasn't an opinion, it was a presentation of a direct quote where one quote left out a mere 10 words.

Maybe the D & C has a word limit.  Nonetheless, what McDermott literally said is not an opinion, but what people say can be twisted by taking words out of context or omitting certain parts of what was said.

18 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

The Anti-Tyrod conspiracy continues!

Why do you think that writer left those words out?

4 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:
Sal Capaccio  ?Verified account @SalSports 28m28 minutes ago
You have to really, really parse words and try to read into what McDermott and/or Beane said re: Tyrod today. Phrases used: -"At this point" (used 4 times) -"Right now" -"Day-by-day" -"Unless something changes" -"he'll be here through that part" -"Way too early"

Sal Capaccio  ?Verified account @SalSports 26m26 minutes ago
One thing neither said was that he will be on the Bills' roster in 2018.

Pretty sure the only player they said would be on the roster is shady so 51 other players need to be on notice.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

TT and his agent know exactly what is going on.

His agent is working the phones just as much as the OBD.

IMO.

This I know. That said does he really think he is that good. I mean, I think I do the best I can do at my job but in no way think Im the best at my job...

Edited by fansince88

5 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This wasn't an opinion, it was a presentation of a direct quote where one quote left out a mere 10 words.

Maybe the D & C has a word limit.  Nonetheless, what McDermott literally said is not an opinion, but what people say can be twisted by taking words out of context or omitting certain parts of what was said.

How do you feel that those 10 words changed the meaning of what he said?  I took both “quotes” to mean exactly the same thing:

”We respect Tyrod and think we could do worse, but like every position, will look at all options to improve.”

15 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

This I know. That said does he really think he is that good. I mean, I think I do the best I can do at my job but in no way think Im the best at my job...

Yes he does.  One thing I admire about TT is his determination.  He wants to be a starting QB in this league and will continue to pursue it.

I loved his passion on the Bills for the 1st 2 years.  It's just time for OBD and him to find another avenue.

I really believe that OBD is doing everything they can to upgrade the QB position but they maybe are thinking, "If everything goes against us

and all our options turn to pooh, we may need him for a few games in 2018", maybe.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

How do you feel that those 10 words changed the meaning of what he said?  I took both “quotes” to mean exactly the same thing:

”We respect Tyrod and think we could do worse, but like every position, will look at all options to improve.”

So why not give the entire quote?  Why leave those few words out?

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

So why not give the entire quote?  Why leave those few words out?

In print media, they definitely have limited space ( I recognize that that limitation doesn’t really exist online), but I don’t understand how you think the meaning was changed by the omission.  Both quotes have the same meaning to me.

Just now, OldTimer1960 said:

In print media, they definitely have limited space ( I recognize that that limitation doesn’t really exist online), but I don’t understand how you think the meaning was changed by the omission.  Both quotes have the same meaning to me.

When I see someone reference how long they've been around something conjoined with a statement like the rest of that, I think the connotations are "well I have a strong sense of what I want to and think will happen, but I've seen some crazy stuff in all these years."

31 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

They didn't think they were important to the message.

46 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

The opinion is what the writers discerned from what McDermott said.  

Some read it as gospel that TT will remain in the team in 2018 while others are reading it as ambiguous.  

He is here “now”.   Now is or can be a relative term.  

Was there a guarantee or a vote of confidence?

We all know how a vote of confidence goes in the NFL.   

Did McDermott say that Tyrod Taylor is the starter for 2018?  

If he did not then everything is open.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

They are in a tough spot. What are they supposed to say? 

"Listen, Tyrod took us to the playoffs, but he kinda sucks. We are gonna pick up that option so we can try to trade him for whatever we can get. F process....we already know he blows." 

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Remember nothing changed with Tyrod. The same QB that this coaching staff benched for a 5th round Rookie in the middle of a playoff race. 

Remember, something changed since that benching: McDermott fired the OC who asked for Tyrod to be benched.

9 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

They are in a tough spot. What are they supposed to say? 

"Listen, Tyrod took us to the playoffs, but he kinda sucks. We are gonna pick up that option so we can try to trade him for whatever we can get. F process....we already know he blows." 

And so it goes... we console ourselves that what we want to happen actually will happen as we completely dismiss the words that come out of their mouths.

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

And so it goes... we console ourselves that what we want to happen actually will happen as we completely dismiss the words that come out of their mouths.

Im not saying that's what they are thinking, my point is that whether they want to keep him or not....what are they supposed to say at the moment? Trying to look into what they are saying here seems futile. Although if they were going to keep him, why wouldn't they just say that now?