2-28: McDermott & Beane Pressers/Interviews at the Scouting Combine

26CornerBlitz

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to 2-28: McDermott & Beane Pressers/Interviews at the Scouting Combine
Sal Capaccio  ?Verified account @SalSports 28m28 minutes ago
You have to really, really parse words and try to read into what McDermott and/or Beane said re: Tyrod today. Phrases used: -"At this point" (used 4 times) -"Right now" -"Day-by-day" -"Unless something changes" -"he'll be here through that part" -"Way too early"

Sal Capaccio  ?Verified account @SalSports 26m26 minutes ago
One thing neither said was that he will be on the Bills' roster in 2018.

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I think Shady is the one guy on the team who really is untouchable. I think McDermott learned something about team camaraderie from the Peterman debacle. The leadership council came to him and said Tyrod has to be the starter because the team respected Tyrod, and McDermott realized he was losing the team by starting Peterman. Trading Shady would lose the team. He's an important presence in the locker room and he's never given less than 100%. He represents everything the new Bills are all about. I'm pretty sure Dennison lost his job in large part because the QB switch was his choice. I don't expect McDermott to make a mistake like that again.

Do you know this for a fact?  If so how?

The "Dennison lost his job...." part I believe.  It's called "making your Boss look like a damn fool in Public" and is recognized universally as a CLM (career limiting move).

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Beane's presser was pretty good.

I got a better feel on how he does business.

I'm liking him more and more.

I'd agree. The only trouble is, it will probably sound the same for the next however many years he's GM. He's really going to have to start using 'due diligence' though. 'Recon' isn't proper GM speak. ;)

Bills GM Brandon Beane spoke to the media at the 2018 NFL Combine. Beane discussed what it's like being at the Combine for the first time as General Manager and provided insight into his staff's evaluation process.

HC Sean McDermott spoke to Bills' Insider Chris Brown on Wednesday in Indianapolis.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

The thing that really really really surprised me is neither coach or GM said Tyrod sucks and we need to trade him now!!

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Tyrod must really be feeling the love.

Of course, I hold him to higher standards when it comes to things like feeling love, so maybe I'm expecting too much.

While Im not even a smig of a TT fan these days......I got to wonder what his mind is going through right now? 

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I think this is pretty funny...

Here are how 2 different sources present a quote by McDermott... notice that one omits a mere 10 words from what McDermott says, for some reason:

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/2018/02/28/buffalo-bills-nfl-scouting-combine-tyrod-taylor-future-nfl-draft/381999002/

“At this point in the process … it's way too early to take anything off the table other than cutting him at this point, which is not in our plans. He's a good football player who has been instrumental in getting us to the playoffs. Whether it's Tyrod or any of our players, you look at what's out there, you look at your options, and you make decisions based on the best interests of your football team.”

vs.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Quick-Hits-II-Bills-see-Taylor-on-their-roster/381c9772-ebef-41e3-baa6-e95e7fe7d022

“At this point in the process I’ve learned being around this league around 20 years that it’s way too early to take anything off the table, other than cutting him at this point, which is not in our plans,” McDermott said. “He’s a good football player who has been instrumental in getting us to the playoffs. At this point in the process, whether it’s Tyrod or any of our players, you look at what’s out there, you look at your options and you make decisions based on the best interests of your football team.”

That's a really interesting omission.

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think this is pretty funny...

Here are how 2 different sources present a quote by McDermott... notice that one omits a mere 10 words from what McDermott says, for some reason:

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/2018/02/28/buffalo-bills-nfl-scouting-combine-tyrod-taylor-future-nfl-draft/381999002/

“At this point in the process … it's way too early to take anything off the table other than cutting him at this point, which is not in our plans. He's a good football player who has been instrumental in getting us to the playoffs. Whether it's Tyrod or any of our players, you look at what's out there, you look at your options, and you make decisions based on the best interests of your football team.”

vs.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Quick-Hits-II-Bills-see-Taylor-on-their-roster/381c9772-ebef-41e3-baa6-e95e7fe7d022

“At this point in the process I’ve learned being around this league around 20 years that it’s way too early to take anything off the table, other than cutting him at this point, which is not in our plans,” McDermott said. “He’s a good football player who has been instrumental in getting us to the playoffs. At this point in the process, whether it’s Tyrod or any of our players, you look at what’s out there, you look at your options and you make decisions based on the best interests of your football team.”

That's a really interesting omission.

The Anti-Tyrod conspiracy continues!