2-26: Mike Mayock's Pre-Combine Conference Call - Day Two Presser Added

26CornerBlitz

Just now, joesixpack said:

Yes, God forbid we try and get a QB, and a quality one at that. That would just be horrible.

My meaning was regarding taking Rudolph in the first round. Not sure if you were mocking that idea, or if you misunderstood. I want you to be well informed in your mockery. 

Just now, Commonsense said:

Vander Esch seems to be gaining momentum already, seems like he would be a good fit with McD if they aren't moving up.

Lot of good linebackers in the first round and I would love to see one in a bills uni. Edmunds, Smith, Evans, Esch. etc. Good depth too, so hopefully whatever we do with our 1st's we'll still find something.

Just now, whatdrought said:

Lot of good linebackers in the first round and I would love to see one in a bills uni. Edmunds, Smith, Evans, Esch. etc. Good depth too, so hopefully whatever we do with our 1st's we'll still find something.

I think the best move would be to wait until round 2 and grab a guy like Darius Leonard.  I love that kid, and I think he's a perfect fit for what we do defensively.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

I think the best move would be to wait until round 2 and grab a guy like Darius Leonard.  I love that kid, and I think he's a perfect fit for what we do defensively.

Haven't heard of him. Where's he from? 

I like Josey Jewell and think he fits a McD defense. I know there are good things said about Malik Jefferson, In the later rounds a guy like Micah Kizer or Oren Burks might be a good piece of the puzzle with the potential to be solid. 

Just now, whatdrought said:

Haven't heard of him. Where's he from? 

I like Josey Jewell and think he fits a McD defense. I know there are good things said about Malik Jefferson, In the later rounds a guy like Micah Kizer or Oren Burks might be a good piece of the puzzle with the potential to be solid. 

Jewell is another guy that's a scheme fit, but I have him as an early day-3 guy; not quite the athlete that some of the other off-ball 'backers are this year.

Leonard is a small-school guy--South Carolina State.  Played with one of my 2016 sleepers: Javon Hargrave.  He's played several positions including safety, EDGE, and ILB.  He's very athletic and will test extremely well, but he's also a sound tackler.  His only limitation is that he's very light--I expect he'll come in in the high 220's in weight this week.

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Jewell is another guy that's a scheme fit, but I have him as an early day-3 guy; not quite the athlete that some of the other off-ball 'backers are this year.

Leonard is a small-school guy--South Carolina State.  Played with one of my 2016 sleepers: Javon Hargrave.  He's played several positions including safety, EDGE, and ILB.  He's very athletic and will test extremely well, but he's also a sound tackler.  His only limitation is that he's very light--I expect he'll come in in the high 220's in weight this week.

That concerns me a bit. It seems that with Milano already on the lighter side we need a couple bigger guys to balance it out. My dream is Tremaine Edmunds in the first in kind of a hybrid MLB/SLB type role but I expect after the combine he will be considered the best defensive guy and go as early as #3. 

23 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Bills can go
21. DL

22. CB, DL, OL, LB

trade back in

23-32 QB.

Unless of course they are able to trade up for a QB they want in the top ten.

If the Bills can get all of that at #22, I'll be impressed!

• Like (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I can't think of a worse way to follow our surprisingly good season last year than by drafting a QB too early.

It's really just kinda starting to feel like Lamar Jackson may be our guy if we're unable to trade up for Darnold.

I know all the rumors about Rosen... I just don't believe them... but who knows, I know I'd be excited to get him.

But too much of that is out there from what has been a generally leak-free organization over the last year.

While he may not think there's another Wentz, at least there seems to be a consensus building as to how many 1st round QBs there are from a 'grading' pov.

Rudolph is a guy who could quite likely be taken in the 1st round, and it could be the Bills who take him, simply because he won't be there when they pick in the 2nd round. That and the 'overdrafting' that happens with QBs, which is why he won't last until the picks we have in the 2nd round.

While people are expecting at least 2 QBs going very early, i.e. within the top 4, even those guys will, in effect, be being 'overdrafted', as there will be guys with better overall grades being selected behind them.

35 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It's really just kinda starting to feel like Lamar Jackson may be our guy if we're unable to trade up for Darnold.

I know all the rumors about Rosen... I just don't believe them... but who knows, I know I'd be excited to get him.

But too much of that is out there from what has been a generally leak-free organization over the last year.

i suppose i could have guessed you'd like Jackson.......Tyrod 2.0.