Bridge QB Reality Check

Alphadawg7

11 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

U still trying to debate who's the better QB. Did u see the Rodak stats on Tyrod when he's down by 8 or less in the 4th . Man pretty impressive for mediocre.  Tyrod sucks . 

Btw Bradford didn't have the comfort of the #1 Rushing attack in the NFL during that time period actually for those 2 seasons the Bills were far and away the best rushing team in the NFL.  I'd have to think if Bradford had that luxury he would make defenses pay dearly. Tyrod couldn't even take advantage of that by posting the mediocre #s that he did. 

Btw, Taylor was one of the biggest reasons the Bills had the #1 rushing attack in the NFL, particularly in 2015.

2016 without Taylor's numbers Bills drop down to #3.

2015 without Taylor's numbers Bills drop out of the top 10 to #11. 

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Btw, Taylor was one of the biggest reasons the Bills had the #1 rushing attack in the NFL, particularly in 2015.

Wow all the way down to #3 that's your comeback . So he couldn't take advantage of a #3 ranked running gm.  Its still the same message. 

5 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Transplant, 78% of the voters in your poll want more passing not a QB that puts up RB numbers.

Bobbie Douglas is not needed.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Wow all the way down to #3 that's your comeback . So he couldn't take advantage of a #3 ranked running gm.  Its still the same message. 

You did say the best running game in the NFL far and away.

You're right, they were, especially for 2015, but that's largely because of Taylor's rushing yards.  Yeah, they only drop to #3, but #3 certainly is not "far and away the best running game in the NFL."

And I think it's funny that you neglect 2016 where Taylor heavily impacted the rankings of our running game, which drop precipitously without his rushing numbers.

40 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Transplant, 78% of the voters in your poll want more passing not a QB that puts up RB numbers.

Bobbie Douglas is not needed.

No, 78% of the voters think Taylor won't be back in a Bills uniform in 2018.

It's not that 78% of the voters don't want him back. 

Those questions aren't the same.

Many of those voters/posters actually believed Taylor would be cut and that the Bills would never consider paying him that $6 million bonus due after March 16th.  It's still a few weeks away, but both Beane and McDermott publicly dismissed the notion that the bonus was even an issue at the combine today.  And while both are still being coy about the QB chatter (and rightly so), it certainly doesn't sound like Tyrod Taylor should pack his bags over the next couple weeks.  And it's already sounding like a bunch of people were just plain wrong already in saying Taylor would be cut.

Very unlikely he will be back  btw...

Sal Capaccio  ?Verified account @SalSports 28m28 minutes ago

You have to really, really parse words and try to read into what McDermott and/or Beane said re: Tyrod today. Phrases used: -"At this point" (used 4 times) -"Right now" -"Day-by-day" -"Unless something changes" -"he'll be here through that part" -"Way too early"

Sal Capaccio  ?Verified account @SalSports 26m26 minutes ago
One thing neither said was that he will be on the Bills' roster in 2018.

6 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Very unlikely he will be back  btw...

Sal Capaccio  ?Verified account @SalSports 28m28 minutes ago

You have to really, really parse words and try to read into what McDermott and/or Beane said re: Tyrod today. Phrases used: -"At this point" (used 4 times) -"Right now" -"Day-by-day" -"Unless something changes" -"he'll be here through that part" -"Way too early"

Sal Capaccio  ?Verified account @SalSports 26m26 minutes ago
One thing neither said was that he will be on the Bills' roster in 2018.

Yes, because using those phrases means it's very unlikely he will be back... those phrases couldn't mean exactly what they mean... like that the Bills aren't planning on cutting Taylor or trading him, unless something they feel worthy of doing comes up  :doh:

so, depend on your QB to be one of the biggest reasons you have the # 1 rushing attack?

or

depend on him to pass the football more, sustaining drives and scoring touchdowns?

I'd much rather have a pocket passer then a rushing QB.

hopefully this draft/off season one will be acquired.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yes, because using those phrases means it's very unlikely he will be back... those phrases couldn't mean exactly what they mean... like that the Bills aren't planning on cutting Taylor or trading him, unless something they feel worthy of doing comes up  :doh:

They didn't exactly give a ringing endorsement at all. Of course they are looking to trade him, whether before the draft, during, after or in training camp if a QB goes down. The nail in Tyrod's coffin was when the HC would rather start a 5th round rookie instead of him. If that wasn't enough, the playoff game in Jax should entirely be the end of the line since it was a winnable game...

I will add this caveat,  depending on how the market falls, it is somewhat possible that he finishes this year with us, but I think that is a less than 5% chance...

What TT homer you are...

5 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

so, depend on your QB to be one of the biggest reasons you have the # 1 rushing attack?

or

depend on him to pass the football more, sustaining drives and scoring touchdowns?

I'd much rather have a pocket passer then a rushing QB.

hopefully this draft/off season one will be acquired.

I hope we acquire a great QB in the draft, too.  :thumbsup:

Sounds like you'd be upset if Lamar Jackson were the pick, though.

3 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

They didn't exactly give a ringing endorsement at all. Of course they are looking to trade him, whether before the draft, during, after or in training camp if a QB goes down. The nail in Tyrod's coffin was when the HC would rather start a 5th round rookie instead of him. If that wasn't enough, the playoff game in Jax should entirely be the end of the line since it was a winnable game...

I will add this caveat,  depending on how the market falls, it is somewhat possible that he finishes this year with us, but I think that is a less than 5% chance...

What TT homer you are...

You mad, bro?

No ringing endorsement?

All of this is, as Sal says, in how you parse the language.

It's that simple.

You're going to read what you want to read.  One thing that's pretty undeniable, though, is the fact that a lot of folks here believed Taylor would be flat-out cut because paying him the $6 million would be ridiculous.

Well, those people look like they're wrong.  And those people are also likely now backtracking, which is fine.

As for my own personal feelings on what I want to do with Taylor and the QB position specifically...

I'd trade Taylor in part of a package to trade up to the top 5 so we can land Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield if I could.  I don't care if Taylor is under center.  I just want our offense and team as a whole to get better. 

I want Darnold or Mayfield or Rosen or even Jackson.  I'd be happy if we landed Cousins in FA, I just don't think it's happening.  Taylor would be my ideal option #5 or #6.  Not the best, but unlike some of you, I view him (and I think McBeane and reality views him) as far from the worst option and one we can make a serious playoff run with... again  :flirt:

Transplant is definitely not going to give up. 

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You mad, bro?

No ringing endorsement?

It's that simple.

You're going to read what you want to read.  One thing that's pretty undeniable, though, is the fact that a lot of folks here believed Taylor would be flat-out cut because paying him the $6 million would be ridiculous.

Well, those people look like they're wrong.  And those people are also likely now backtracking, which is fine.

As for my own personal feelings on what I want to do with Taylor and the QB position specifically...

I'd trade Taylor in part of a package to trade up to the top 5 so we can land Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield if I could.  I don't care if Taylor is under center.  I just want our offense and team as a whole to get better. 

I want Darnold or Mayfield or Rosen or even Jackson.  I'd be happy if we landed Cousins in FA, I just don't think it's happening.  Taylor would be my ideal option #5 or #6.  Not the best, but unlike some of you, I view him (and I think McBeane and reality views him) as far from the worst option and one we can make a serious playoff run with... again  :flirt:

If you don't care if Taylor is under center, why do you spend so much time arguing about him.  It's not an exaggeration to say 75% of your 3,000 posts are pertaining to Taylor.

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

and then what happened?   The best OC fired was fired 2 games into season 2.  

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Transplant is definitely not going to give up. 

If you don't care if Taylor is under center, why do you spend so much time arguing about him.  It's not an exaggeration to say 75% of your 3,000 posts are pertaining to Taylor.

Not fully answering a question I've answered dozens of times.

But in part, it's because some of you are utterly and ridiculously hyperbolic when it comes to arguing how bad Taylor is.

8 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You mad, bro?

No ringing endorsement?

It's that simple.

Not mad at all actually; I have zero personal feelings towards you or TT. 

You don't care if Tyrod is under center? :blink:That's all you talk about...:lol::lol::thumbsup:

We didn't have a serious playoff run, we got lucky because the Ravens defense blew their lead....

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

and then what happened?   The best OC fired was fired 2 games into season 2.  

Why... you're right...

and then Taylor was retained after 2015....

and then Taylor was retained after 2016 with a brand new coach and regime, despite everyone thinking he'd be inevitably gone...

and now people are saying Taylor will be inevitably gone...

will history repeat itself?

does our Head Coach repeat the offseason of 2016 and choose to stick with the QB he defiantly choose to stick with last offseason when everyone thought he wouldn't?

stay tuned  0:) 

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Not mad at all actually; I have zero personal feelings towards you or TT. 

You don't care if Tyrod is under center? :blink:That's all you talk about...:lol::lol::thumbsup:

We didn't have a serious playoff run, we got lucky because the Ravens defense blew their lead....

Well, I love the Buffalo Bills and I like talking QBs.

Taylor is the Buffalo Bills QB.

And it's not all I talk about, I talk about the draft prospects at QB, too, and once we draft one of them I'll talk a lot more about him.  But I don't really enjoy putting a lot of effort into guessing games.

Whoever we get at QB, I'm stoked.  And I'll talk about him along with Taylor, if Taylor's still on the team.  Don't you worry  :thumbsup: