Bridge QB Reality Check

Alphadawg7

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Not fully answering a question I've answered dozens of times.

But in part, it's because some of you are utterly and ridiculously hyperbolic when it comes to arguing how bad Taylor is.

So did you decide to assume the role of defending Taylor every single time someone says something about Taylor that you consider unfair?  Why is it so bothersome to you?

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Why... you're right...

and then Taylor was retained after 2015....

and then Taylor was retained after 2016 with a brand new coach and regime, despite everyone thinking he'd be inevitably gone...

and now people are saying Taylor will be inevitably gone...

will history repeat itself?

does our Head Coach repeat the offseason of 2016 and choose to stick with the QB he defiantly choose to stick with last offseason when everyone thought he wouldn't?

stay tuned  0:) 

My god I hope not.  

2016 - He was retained and his stats went down, the interim OC then wasn't able to get passing production from TT and wasn't even considered for the HC job.

2017 - FA QB's were not the cream of the crop (or so it appeared) so McDermott took what he had and ran with it. 

Blake Bortles was a better QB than TT and we ALL mocked Blake Bortles all season long.

"Right now" we don't have any plans on moving away from Tyrod.    What about an hour from then, or 2 weeks from today?  

image.png.c9bd9c66d2ba443a6e5ee3b88ee14c93.png    image.jpeg.30fc5d85512258d10e9b1e75487d6d54.jpeg

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So did you decide to assume the role of defending Taylor every single time someone says something about Taylor that you consider unfair?  Why is it so bothersome to you?

I don't jump in every single time.  Pretty sure it's a free country.  Pretty sure this is a discussion board.  Pretty sure good discussion arises from parties with differing opinions. 

Why is it so bothersome to you that I interject when people say stuff about Taylor that I disagree with?

I don't jump in every single time.  Pretty sure it's a free country.  Pretty sure this is a discussion board.  Pretty sure good discussion arises from parties with differing opinions. 

Why is it so bothersome to you that I interject when people say stuff about Taylor that I disagree with?

LOL the free country quote...

Discussion boards of an NFL team doesn't mean it needs to be so focused on one specific topic and being argumentative towards those who don't have your same feeling.

It's not bothersome, it's fascinating to me which is why I ask questions on your motivation.  I just never has seen someone so adamant on defending one singular player unless they were trolling like a SaviorPeterman.  

• Like (+1) 2

Because it is how you respond to other people.    You want respect give respect.   

How many times have I asked you to bury the hatchet and start fresh?  At least 3 times.  Then when I post some HARD data to refute tour comments you come out with 

You don't have anything to offer this board.   

Think about it for once.     I feel like I'm dealing with my sons when they were 18. 

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Discussion boards of an NFL team doesn't mean it needs to be so focused on one specific topic and being argumentative towards those who don't have your same feeling.

It's not bothersome, it's fascinating to me which is why I ask questions on your motivation.  I just never has seen someone so adamant on defending one singular player unless they were trolling like a SaviorPeterman.  

Remember the EJ die hards?    

oh wait, he was one of them too.....  :oops:

Again Transplant ....  I'll put it out there for a 4th time  Olive Branch  -  Are you ready to stop playing games and get back to discussions and not the insults you like to toss about? 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Because it is how you respond to other people.    You want respect give respect.   

How many times have I asked you to bury the hatchet and start fresh?  At least 3 times.  Then when I post some HARD data to refute tour comments you come out with 

Think about it for once.     I feel like I'm dealing with my sons wehrn they were 18. 

Remember the EJ die hards?    

oh wait, he was one of them too.....  :oops:

Again Transplant ....  I'll put it out there for a 4th time  Olive Branch  -  Are you ready to stop playing games and get back to discussions and not the insults you like to toss about? 

*Taps foot waiting for the emoji response from transplant*

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Well... the message board is divided into specific topics through threads, isn't it?

Shouldn't each of those threads be about that topic?

Don't I limit my Taylor discussion to Taylor threads?

What's the problem here?

I know you think I'm argumentative, and I can be, sometimes.  But it's usually about the topic itself and isn't personal in the way some get super personal here... and I won't name any names, but they know who they are.

28 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Think about it for once.     I feel like I'm dealing with my sons wehrn they were 18. 

Shady, believe me, I've tried many, many times to bury the hatchet and start fresh with you.  But you're seriously one of the worst culprits on this message board when it comes to hyperbole or tunnel vision or purposefully confusing the issue.

Plus, you can be just plain confrontational.

You and some of your ilk want absolutely everyone to agree with exactly what you say and apparently you guys love to wallow together in your slamming of Tyrod rather than discuss the issue with people who disagree with you, and that's fine, but it doesn't change that there are people who disagree with you here and that they are free to interject at any point.

And you're free to ignore them.

And in this statement alone it's super ironic that you say something about "post(ing) some HARD data to refute your comments," yet you are one of the most adamant stat detractors on this message board any time people bring stats into a discussion regarding Tyrod... unless they're negative.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

37 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I've always been ready for that, but I don't think you are with people who don't agree with you.

Your choice to ignore me before was your choice.  Trust me, if you play nice, I'll play nice.  But if you're a jackass to me, I'll be one back.

I won't strike first, though.

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I hope we acquire a great QB in the draft, too.  :thumbsup:

Sounds like you'd be upset if Lamar Jackson were the pick, though.

Upset? I wouldn't be too happy but wouldn't lose sleep over it but in the case of he and taylor there is no need to even consider any feelings until or if said (taylor retained/jackson drafted) scenario takes place. unlike you though I don't believe they retain taylor nor draft jackson.

On another note, thinking he has a good chance of coming back for a year based on what McD and beane said regarding taylor today. why wouldn't they prop him up saying good things about his work ethic and character and being one of the players responsible in helping to end the drought? all the positive things said will give any potential trade partners a good vibe when they approach them with a trade deal?

they certainly wont bring up the fact that he had some bad, no terrible games in 2017 that even brought them to a decision to bench him for a rookie or that a taylor led offense could only muster up 3 points in the first playoff game in 17 years.

45 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Shady, believe me, I've tried many, many times to bury the hatchet and start fresh with you.  But you're seriously one of the worst culprits on this message board when it comes to hyperbole or tunnel vision or purposefully confusing the issue.

Plus, you can be just plain confrontational.

I expected no less.  

33 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I've always been ready for that, but I don't think you are with people who don't agree with you.

Your choice to ignore me before was your choice.  Trust me, if you play nice, I'll play nice.  But if you're a jackass to me, I'll be one back.

I won't strike first, though.

Oh really?  Have you seen me “argue” with Kirby and Hokie and Stank_Nasty and johnC and DaBills before the light bulb ? turned on and he gave up on TT? 

I can have debates with a lot of these people and not call them idiots and I don’t say that they do not contribute at all unless they say that to me.  

So, it might be that you need to read some more and not jump to conclusions.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Transplant is definitely not going to give up. 

If you don't care if Taylor is under center, why do you spend so much time arguing about him.  It's not an exaggeration to say 75% of your 3,000 posts are pertaining to Taylor.

...seriously?....try 95% and they're just as obnoxious here as they are on other sites......computer access at day care continues to spiral out of control.....

25 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Oh really?  Have you seen me “argue” with Kirby and Hokie and Stank_Nasty and johnC and DaBills before the light bulb ? turned on and he gave up on TT? 

I can have debates with a lot of these people and not call them idiots and I don’t say that they do not contribute at all unless they say that to me.  

So, it might be that you need to read some more and not jump to conclusions.   

Did I call you an idiot or say (your words) "you don't have anything to offer this board" to you? 

I've said millions of times, I'm not guilt free.  But I won't lash out until lashed at.

21 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...seriously?....try 95% and they're just as obnoxious here as they are on other sites......computer access at day care continues to spiral out of control.....

Like here, for example, in this very douchy post that never involved him in the conversation and has nothing to do with the OP.

Did I call you an idiot or say (your words) "you don't have anything to offer this board" to you? 

I've said millions of times, I'm not guilt free.  But I won't lash out until lashed at.

Like here, for example, in this very douchy post that never involved him in the conversation and has nothing to do with the OP.

....have your dog take you for a LONG walk.............heaven forbid the leash breaks...BUT....I'm certain MANY TBD'ers would take you in as a rescue.....

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....have your dog take you for a LONG walk.............heaven forbid the leash breaks...BUT....I'm certain MANY TBD'ers would take you in as a rescue.....

Funny... DaBillsFanSince1973 mentions the idea of reporting me earlier in this thread because I'm giving Rep points out to people... as though giving rep points is just plain reprehensible... but you and him are 2 of the most vicious posters on this message board in terms of personal attacks. :lol:

and if what you were thinking as you read that statement was "only towards you," then there's your clue that you should probably just put me on your ignore list, old man  :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Funny... DaBillsFanSince1973 mentions the idea of reporting me earlier in this thread because I'm giving Rep points out to people... as though giving rep points is just plain reprehensible... but you and him are 2 of the most vicious posters on this message board in terms of personal attacks. :lol:

and if what you were thinking as you read that statement was "only towards you," then there's your clue that you should probably just put me on your ignore list, old man  :thumbsup:

...IGNORE is a beautiful thing....use it....I'm good....."vicious" is YOUR definition of disagreeing.....how pathetic.....

24 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yes, you have.  It’s why you went on a speee to tag me 30 times in 2 days time in an attempt to “get me over 1000” rep points.  

Or did someone hack your account?  

That event is something SDS does not want to happen.  

25 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...IGNORE is a beautiful thing....use it....I'm good....."vicious" is YOUR definition of disagreeing.....how pathetic.....

I'm good, brah.

Sorry, I guess maybe you speak to people you meet in person the way you speak to me, so maybe it's not vicious from your perspective.  Maybe you think you're completely justified with everything you post.

Good for you.  Perception is reality  :thumbsup: 

17 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Yes, you have.  It’s why you went on a speee to tag me 30 times in 2 days time in an attempt to “get me over 1000” rep points.  

Or did someone hack your account?  

That event is something SDS does not want to happen.  

I called you an idiot?

I said you didn't have anything to offer the board?

Please direct me to the post where I said those things and I'll apologize.

You said the latter to me.  You've followed me around in threads and called me out time and again despite claiming you're ignoring me.

You haven't apologized.

And I don't really care.

Why are you upset I gave you rep points?  You made it clear you value those.  I don't really give a crap about rep on an Internet message board.  You mentioned someone was docked 100 rep points at some point... I wouldn't care.  When you said you valued those rep points, it made me realize there are those who really care about all those "likes," so I started giving more out because you made me realize people care about them.

Would you prefer that I took away all the rep points I've ever given you?  If you want me to, I will and I'll never give you another rep point again.  Feel free to take away any of the rep points you've given me.  I really don't care. 

As I referenced a few weeks ago, watch Black Mirror, season 3 episode 1, "Nosedive."