Bridge QB Reality Check

Alphadawg7

3 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

so, depend on your QB to be one of the biggest reasons you have the # 1 rushing attack?

or

depend on him to pass the football more, sustaining drives and scoring touchdowns?

I'd much rather have a pocket passer then a rushing QB.

hopefully this draft/off season one will be acquired.

I'd rather have a pocket passer too.

But we don't have one and we do have a non pocket passer we can win with and make the playoffs with.  I'm good with that. 

Maybe we can find one.  But we don't have to throw the baby out with the bath water over it.

5 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Transplant, 78% of the voters in your poll want more passing not a QB that puts up RB numbers.

Bobbie Douglas is not needed.

Bobby Douglas

He wishes he was as good a passer as Hotrod.  In 11 NFL seasons he threw for what Hotrod did in the last 2.  He also threw almost twice as many picks as TDs.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I'd rather have a pocket passer too.

Bobby Douglas

He wishes he was as good a passer as Hotrod.  In 11 NFL seasons he threw for what Hotrod did in the last 2.  He also threw almost twice as many picks as TDs.

Ha, I know all about Bobby.  There is not a lot of options left in relying to Transplant about TT.

I thought it was funny, especially if someone had to look up the name!

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...IGNORE is a beautiful thing....use it....I'm good....."vicious" is YOUR definition of disagreeing.....how pathetic.....

vicious are we now. that's funny. as for the reporting. I clearly said I was one not to report but said that in regard to the misuse of the rep system, which he clearly did and even gloated about giving them to shady to help him get over a 1000. 

vicious, that's a new one to me. 

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

Ha, I know all about Bobby.  There is not a lot of options left in relying to Transplant about TT.

I thought it was funny, especially if someone had to look up the name!

I didn't have to look up the name.  Someone should have though perhaps if they thought it was Bobbie Douglas!  I remember one year he ran for 1000 yards.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

vicious are we now. that's funny. as for the reporting. I clearly said I was one not to report but said that in regard to the misuse of the rep system, which he clearly did and even gloated about giving them to shady to help him get over a 1000. 

vicious, that's a new one to me. 

I didn’t need his help as I was getting comments daily with people liking what I posted or laughing at some quip.  

The attempt to “diminish” any positive rep gained by tagging me 30 times in 2 days was imo a childish act beyond not abiding by SDS’s requests to not abuse the system. 

If if anyone needs proof all they have to do is go to the top pages where Scott has a page for software issues and problems resolutions. 

There is a thread dedicated to the Rep System and what it is meant for and how it should be used.  

The main reason was to eliminate posts containing +1 and nothing else.   

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You mad, bro?

No ringing endorsement?

All of this is, as Sal says, in how you parse the language.

It's that simple.

You're going to read what you want to read.  One thing that's pretty undeniable, though, is the fact that a lot of folks here believed Taylor would be flat-out cut because paying him the $6 million would be ridiculous.

Well, those people look like they're wrong.  And those people are also likely now backtracking, which is fine.

As for my own personal feelings on what I want to do with Taylor and the QB position specifically...

I'd trade Taylor in part of a package to trade up to the top 5 so we can land Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield if I could.  I don't care if Taylor is under center.  I just want our offense and team as a whole to get better. 

I want Darnold or Mayfield or Rosen or even Jackson.  I'd be happy if we landed Cousins in FA, I just don't think it's happening.  Taylor would be my ideal option #5 or #6.  Not the best, but unlike some of you, I view him (and I think McBeane and reality views him) as far from the worst option and one we can make a serious playoff run with... again  :flirt:

Good message but in think u meant to say playoff push not run because most of us here know Tyrod can help get u to the Party but he's gonna dance while he's there. 

On 2/26/2018 at 7:10 PM, SouthNYfan said:

I feel like the patient has already bled out at this point 

With you 100% my brother.

I have a pile of texts to my friend last year about Watson as well.

I was not very happy we didn't draft him.

Even more unhappy when he started trashing defenses.

how about when he broke his knee?

1 hour ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Good message but in think u meant to say playoff push not run because most of us here know Tyrod can help get u to the Party but he's gonna dance while he's there. 

If the team gets better this offseason, we could win in the playoffs, even with Taylor if he's our QB another year.

If teams with Blake Bortles, Case Keenum and Nick Foles all won multiple playoff games, so could a team helmed by Tyrod Taylor.

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

If the team gets better this offseason, we could win in the playoffs, even with Taylor if he's our QB another year.

If teams with Blake Bortles, Case Keenum and Nick Foles all won multiple playoff games, so could a team helmed by Tyrod Taylor.

To be honest i think all those QBs u mentioned have much better teams and there QBs are better in my opinion.  Even if we get better it won't be too the degree of where those teams are. 

5 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

how about when he broke his knee?

Still unhappy we didn't draft him.

You can't assume he while have been hurt with us too.

Andrew Luck got hurt bad.

So did Brady.

And Brees.

And Peyton.

And Aaron Rodgers.

And Phil Rivers.

Injuries happen.