Bridge QB Reality Check

Alphadawg7

Things that Tyrod supporters don't care for in a QB.

Accuracy 

Vision

Timing

Anticipation 

Clutch Gene 

Things Tyrod fans love

Familiarity ( Has friends in Lockeroom  )

Doesn't take chances with ball ( low turnover %)

Has occasional big play with scrambling 

His spin move in the pocket . Sometimes he does this with no apparent pressure and ends up taking his eyes off his wrs for nothing.  

Last but not least his DEEP BALL which last yr went into a coma . We didn't have a pass play for more then 50yds the whole yr. I know some here will blame the wrs but he looked horrible throwing it also. 

If i missed  anything please feel free to add. 

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Bradford?

Is that who you're talking about?

Which do you prefer?

Vet QB with a multi-year contract worth north of $10 million, possibly closer to $20 million per year with the following production:

249 Net yards per game

7.0 YPA passing

39 TDs

27 turnovers

OR

Vet QB on a one-year contract worth between $10-$20 million

235 Net yards per game

7.4 YPA passing

47 TDs

15 turnovers

You take your chances on that first guy, my guess is McBeane would choose the 2nd guy over that first guy, but I have a nice bridge I can sell you  :flirt:

Wow how did u do that.  Matthew Berry is that u ? U Tyrod fans remind me of Lebron fans but the big difference is Lebron is a beast and Tyrod a puppy.  

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 7:51 AM, GunnerBill said:

I disagree with your analysis.  I'd put the Bills ahead of the Jets and Cleveland as options for someone like a Sam Bradford.  And even if they don't get Bradford there is McCarron and Bridgewater and McCown and Fitzpatrick.  The Bills are not going to struggle to find a bridge Quarterback.  There are loads of them out there.  Bradford is probably the number 1 "bridge guy" but he is far from the only option.  They have to rip off the band aid on Tyrod.  Even if it means a downgrade bridge for what we both agree could be a very small number of games at the start of 2018 (if they even make it out of camp not already the backup).  

Why do they have to do this?

You're an outsider.

We're all outsiders, but I think a lot of people here are just so friggin emotional when it comes to this issue.

(go ahead, accuse me of saying something ironic... I know you're thinking it), but...

What gives you a clue that McBeane has to cut ties with Taylor this offseason?

The guy is in Buffalo on literally a one year contract and as the OP referenced, all these other vet QBs are going to want multi-year deals and are likely going to want to be the guy at QB.  It's just a guess on my part (though I think a pretty educated one based on all our moves to acquire all these draft picks along with Taylor's 2-year restructure last year), but I bet McDermott and Beane want to bring in their guy at QB who will be a young guy who they can groom and grow at the position. 

If you believed that the Bills were targeting a QB in the first round, while the possibility of bringing in a guy like Bradford or McCown or whoever as another QB exists, it's probably far less likely than keeping the guy you have on the team still under contract for one more year.

I think the OP makes some great points because, ultimately, it takes 2 to tango.  You've gotta get that other QB to accept his role, whatever you want that to be.  Most of these guys out there will likely stay away from a team drafting a QB in the first knowing they could hear a fanbase booing them off the field before the mid-point of the season knowing there's a young pup right behind him.  And that could absolutely happen with Tyrod Taylor in the first half of the season, too, but the difference is that if you then bench him and go to the rookie at any point to the season, you aren't financially tied to him, unlike a Bradford or a Keenum if you were to bring them in and bench them.

1 hour ago, John from Hemet said:

Bled out?

WE MADE THE PLAYOFFS LAST YEAR

You dont do that with a QB that "bled you out"

Better is needed to take the next step.....that much is freely admitted.....a QB needs to be drafted....and a viable alternate QB needs to be found that wont cause a REGRESSION of the team

but lets not make it something that it is not.

Tyrod led the offense to the 6th most scored points in the NFL 2 years ago

Last year we made the playoffs

Christ stop defending him

We made the playoffs in spite of subpar QB play

The only emotional people here are the hard core TT fans trans.  

You are leading the pack.  

Yeah I took you off ignore so I can read first hand what insults you toss about.  

Now go ahead and click on the smiley face to prove how “smart and witty”  you are 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Yeah I took you off ignore so I can read first hand what insults you toss about.  

Now go ahead and click on the smiley face to prove how “smart and witty”  you are 

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Great, thanks for sharing  :thumbsup:

Look shady, he never ceases to pull through with the emoji.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

Hahahaha, yeah right,

Man would Denver have to be really dumb for a trade like that. Let's say just for giggles Tyrod is worth maybe a 7th round pick and Trevor is worth maybe  a 6th round pick, Denver is already losing out on the trade.

So lets say if we take both(Tyrod and Siemian) out of your idea of a trade that leaves not enough trade value to get up to #5,  Hahaha

Why on earth would you take both Tyrod and Siemian out of the trade?  That's the point, duh.

Siemian is notably worse than Taylor and, therefore, is notably less valuable.

So in short IMO trading for pick 5 you must think Tyrod is worth at least a 1st round pick to get Denver to not only give up pick 5 but also throw in Siemian, right...SMH, haha, now that is a good one, thanks for the laugh, what is even funnier is I bet you were serious with this trade.

:doh:

Not too smart, huh?

Bills give Denver a 1st, a 2nd, a 5th, and an average range NFL QB who's started 40+ games over the last 3 years in exchange for the 5th pick in the 1st and a clear backup QB to whoever we draft at QB at 5.

Laugh or SMH or IMHO or OMG all you want, it's not my fault your lunacy on this Tyrod argument and weird obsession with him is making you blind to what's probably a realistic and relatively fair trade.

Wanna make that 5th our 4th rounder instead to give the illusion of Tyrod being significantly less valuable like you want?  Fine, I bet Denver would very seriously consider accepting our 1st, 2nd, 4th and Tyrod in exchange for #5 and Siemian.

7 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I'm just pointing out that their is 502 points missing in your trade up scenario. I can only assume that you think Taylor covers that 502 which would mean Taylor is worth a high 2nd or 3rd rd pick to you.

You literally just said a 4th rounder.

Why the sudden change?

As for whatever chart you're going by, I didn't look at any chart and don't think teams really give a crap about those charts.

Fine, make it our 1st, 2nd, 4th rounder and Tyrod for their #5 and Siemian.

Happy?

40 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

My life is now complete.

Oh how I've missed you  :wub:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

For someone that thinks the rep points are a joke.   Why do you keep using them?   

Are you adding any real value by doing so?

If you want to converse converse and don’t act like a child.  

Ummm, I just thanked you for taking me off your ignore list.

Why are you so upset?

Can we stay on topic, please.

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I know, there is still 502 points the Bills would need to throw in to move up. He is evaluating Taylor as a high 2nd or early 4th rd draft pick. If Taylor and Siemian cancel out then the Bills need 502 points to move up which is pick 39 or 40. So basically he has Taylor's trade value as a high 2nd rd pick. Taylor = the 502 of missing draft points that would be needed to trade up. No way the Broncos are giving up high 2nd rd pick for Taylor.

Well, Taylor and Siemian don't cancel out because Taylor has more value than Siemian.

So there's the explanation for the original values.

1 hour ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Wow how did u do that.  Matthew Berry is that u ? U Tyrod fans remind me of Lebron fans but the big difference is Lebron is a beast and Tyrod a puppy.  

Not sure what the snarkiness means, so I'll ask you this question again and even explain for you.

Here are your exact words regarding Bradford: "I'll take my chances between 2015 & 2016 he played 29gms hopefully we get him to get bk to that form"

Sam Bradford in 29 games from 2015-2016

249 Net yards per game

7.0 YPA passing

39 TDs

27 turnovers

That's real.  I didn't make any of that up.  That's what you're saying you prefer locking this team to in a multi-year deal over Tyrod Taylor and his one year deal.

And oh look, in 2015-2016 Taylor also started 29 games

235 Net yards per game

7.4 YPA passing

47 TDs

15 turnovers

So, is this really an "I want Bradford" thing or is this a "I'll cut my nose off to spite my face!" thing?

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Why on earth would you take both Tyrod and Siemian out of the trade?  That's the point, duh.

Siemian is notably worse than Taylor and, therefore, is notably less valuable.

:doh:

Not too smart, huh?

Bills give Denver a 1st, a 2nd, a 5th, and an average range NFL QB who's started 40+ games over the last 3 years in exchange for the 5th pick in the 1st and a clear backup QB to whoever we draft at QB at 5.

Laugh or SMH or IMHO or OMG all you want, it's not my fault your lunacy on this Tyrod argument and weird obsession with him is making you blind to what's probably a realistic and relatively fair trade.

Wanna make that 5th our 4th rounder instead to give the illusion of Tyrod being significantly less valuable like you want?  Fine, I bet Denver would very seriously consider accepting our 1st, 2nd, 4th and Tyrod in exchange for #5 and Siemian.

You literally just said a 4th rounder.

Why the sudden change?

As for whatever chart you're going by, I didn't look at any chart and don't think teams really give a crap about those charts.

Fine, make it our 1st, 2nd, 4th rounder and Tyrod for their #5 and Siemian.

Happy?

I don't know what Seimian is worth in a trade? So basically if Seiman and Taylor are a wash than their is 502 missing points. I'm not really sure what Taylor's worth in a trade would be so I put high 2nd to high 4th rd pick. In your post you stated we would give up pick 21, 53, and our 5th. I don't think Seimian is worth even a 7th rd pick so my question to you would be do you think Taylor is worth a high 2rd rd pick? The variables are Taylor's worth and Seimian's worth, that is why I said a 2nd or 4th rd pick.

48 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I don't know what Seimian is worth in a trade? So basically if Seiman and Taylor are a wash than their is 502 missing points. I'm not really sure what Taylor's worth in a trade would be so I put high 2nd to high 4th rd pick. In your post you stated we would give up pick 21, 53, and our 5th. I don't think Seimian is worth even a 7th rd pick so my question to you would be do you think Taylor is worth a high 2rd rd pick? The variables are Taylor's worth and Seimian's worth, that is why I said a 2nd or 4th rd pick.

Look, like I said, I didn't and haven't looked at any draft chart for this. I'm not looking at one.

Taylor's value would increase in a draft day trade if his $6 million bonus were paid out, so I think a 4th or even 3rd round value for him wouldn't be absurd.

Siemian, I agree, wouldn't be worth more than a 7th round pick.

Do with that math whatever you wish in terms of the draft value chart.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

On 2/26/2018 at 8:05 AM, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

Bradford is a perfect bridge you just play him until his knees fail then start the rookie. As long as he can get a few games into the season we would be just fine.

Worked great with EJ.

On 2/26/2018 at 7:08 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It may mean "nothing to you", but based on our team going 9-7 and reaching playoffs in a year where it would have helped our draft position to lose, it's not clear it means "nothing" to McBeane and company.

The only thing that matters to Coach McDermott is winning no matter what it takes. Benching his starter at 6-5. Unbenching him. Punting with 4:00 to play in OT.  Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about it. Defend our dirt. Its all about winning now. 

Edited by reddogblitz

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Why are you so upset?

Well, Taylor and Siemian don't cancel out because Taylor has more value than Siemian.

So there's the explanation for the original values.

Not sure what the snarkiness means, so I'll ask you this question again and even explain for you.

Here are your exact words regarding Bradford: "I'll take my chances between 2015 & 2016 he played 29gms hopefully we get him to get bk to that form"

Sam Bradford in 29 games from 2015-2016

249 Net yards per game

7.0 YPA passing

39 TDs

27 turnovers

That's real.  I didn't make any of that up.  That's what you're saying you prefer locking this team to in a multi-year deal over Tyrod Taylor and his one year deal.

And oh look, in 2015-2016 Taylor also started 29 games

235 Net yards per game

7.4 YPA passing

47 TDs

15 turnovers

So, is this really an "I want Bradford" thing or is this a "I'll cut my nose off to spite my face!" thing?

I don't want Bradford for long term deal.  Where did u get that from? If we signed him even if it was multiple yrs it would be a easy contract to get out of. I'm thinking a 1yr deal for 10mil and 500k a gm incentive.  That can equal out to 18mil for Bradford.  Btw i love how u put up the Net yds stat instead just the passing #s considering the number 1 job of a QB is to throw the ball.  

Do u really think Bradford will get big money deal with alot of guarantee  $ ? I think a team would be absolutely insane to do that. 

People here say how Tyrod led us to the playoffs if that's the case u got to also give him credit for leading us to -57 pt differential.  That's worse then the Bears and the Bucs. I tend to look at it a different way i say Tyrod was just a passenger on the bus not the driver. 

We know what Tyrod is and i truly believe at this pt that he's a waste of time he's not gonna get us to where want to go.  Even if he's a bridge i feel like its wasting a yr watching him play and i don't like throwing yrs away. I'd rather give a guy like Bradford a chance while developing my rookie QB. Bradford if healthy is way better QB then the game manager that Tyrod is . I'm willing to roll the dice on Bradford especially since he's healthy now . From the reports by Dr James Andrew's  Bradford knees are sound and he's ready to go for OTAs .

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

7 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

For someone that thinks the rep points are a joke.   Why do you keep using them?   

Shady, I want to thank you for the advice. I use rep for others because I know there are those who value it and sometimes it's better to give rep than respond, is it not?

Now that I've pushed you over 1000, are the balloons colorful and the kittens playful?

22 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I don't want Bradford for long term deal.  Where did u get that from? If we signed him even if it was multiple yrs it would be a easy contract to get out of. I'm thinking a 1yr deal for 10mil and 500k a gm incentive.  That can equal out to 18mil for Bradford.  Btw i love how u put up the Net yds stat instead just the passing #s considering the number 1 job of a QB is to throw the ball.  

Do u really think Bradford will get big money deal with alot of guarantee  $ ? I think a team would be absolutely insane to do that. 

Yes, I put up net yards.

Does it bother you that Taylor and Bradford were less than 15 yards apart in terms of per game production?

Or does it bother you that purely as a passer Taylor was actually more efficient?

Or does it bother you that Taylor had 8 more TDs and 12 fewer turnovers than Bradford in a 29 game span that you're evidently just raving over for Bradford?

Just a bit confused... let's just stick a fork in Bradford already... he's not the QB you're looking for.

That last phrase will only have the desired impact if you picture an old man in a robe named Obi Wan waiving his hand in front of you and saying that at the same time 0:)

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yes, I put up net yards.

Does it bother you that Taylor and Bradford were less than 15 yards apart in terms of per game production?

Or does it bother you that purely as a passer Taylor was actually more efficient?

Or does it bother you that Taylor had 8 more TDs and 12 fewer turnovers than Bradford in a 29 game span that you're evidently just raving over for Bradford?

Just a bit confused... let's just stick a fork in Bradford already... he's not the QB you're looking for.

That last phrase will only have the desired impact if you picture an old man in a robe named Obi Wan waiving his hand in front of you and saying that at the same time 0:)

U still trying to debate who's the better QB. Did u see the Rodak stats on Tyrod when he's down by 8 or less in the 4th . Man pretty impressive for mediocre.  Tyrod sucks . 

Btw Bradford didn't have the comfort of the #1 Rushing attack in the NFL during that time period actually for those 2 seasons the Bills were far and away the best rushing team in the NFL.  I'd have to think if Bradford had that luxury he would make defenses pay dearly. Tyrod couldn't even take advantage of that by posting the mediocre #s that he did. 

13 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:
13 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Why are you so upset?

You really are a child.   

I am not upset as much as you would love to think.    I'm trying to figure out why you abuse the tools provided by @SDS  

you stalk me around the boards just to give me smiley faces?   That sir is sad, very sad.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Shady, I want to thank you for the advice. I use rep for others because I know there are those who value it and sometimes it's better to give rep than respond, is it not?

Now that I've pushed you over 1000, are the balloons colorful and the kittens playful?

says the one who calls others immature.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Thank you (+1) 1