Active shooter at Florida high school

America's Liberals:

Yesterday: Everyone has a spark of divinity in them and it's wrong to speak of them in a dehumanizing way.

Today: The NRA is a bunch of bloody-handed child-murderers!

Democrat hysteria and hypocrisy at its finest.

See ................this the response to the shooting here on the POLITICAL board.

There is a thread about the shooting on the "Off the Wall"  board for certain types of responses and then there is the PPP response.

It is a given that our 'critic' has not read the rest of this thread, where there has been (sadly) multiple posts by PPP regulars stressing sympathy for the victims of these horrible attacks, but that's understandable...............................it's much easier to preach from your high moral mountaintop.

It is NOT whining or claiming victim status, it is pointing out the continuing hypocrisy of the Left

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

America's Liberals:

Yesterday: Everyone has a spark of divinity in them and it's wrong to speak of them in a dehumanizing way.

Today: The NRA is a bunch of bloody-handed child-murderers!

Democrat hysteria and hypocrisy at its finest.

See ................this the response to the shooting here on the POLITICAL board.

There is a thread about the shooting on the "Off the Wall"  board for certain types of responses and then there is the PPP response.

It is a given that our 'critic' has not read the rest of this thread, where there has been (sadly) multiple posts by PPP regulars stressing sympathy for the victims of these horrible attacks, but that's understandable...............................it's much easier to preach from your high moral mountaintop.

It is NOT whining or claiming victim status, it is pointing out the continuing hypocrisy of the Left

It's fun engaging the children, though.

I'm a 6' midget, brah. Boyst smash!  Rawr!

My thoughts and prayers go out to Billschinatown.  I'm truly sorry that you have to experience the trauma of not reading enough "thoughts and prayers" posts on the internet, and hope you can learn to live with the crippling disappointment.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

My thoughts and prayers go out to Billschinatown.  I'm truly sorry that you have to experience the trauma of not reading enough "thoughts and prayers" posts on the internet, and hope you can learn to live with the crippling disappointment.

#billschinatownstrong

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I suppose this is necessary.

Image result for it's chinatown

5 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Can't wait till Santa Fe student "Havid Dogg" makes a statement calling for more shotgun bans. 

Only to be brutally gunned down by David Hogg, who is currently in route to Santa Fe to explain to us all why military-style pump-action automatic self-reloading shotguns that shoot sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads should be illegal.

Kira Argounova (Strassel Republican) @Kira_Media 5h5 hours ago

Santa Fe shooter was bullied.

It's a shame BULLYING was crowded out of the post-MSD dialogue by a cabal of smug, AstroTurfed leftist kids & their CNN enablers.

But you landed clever one-liners vs Loesch & Rubio. And Dems radicalized & registered 1000s of low-info Generation Z........................Take a bow.

• 11 months later...

Florida Supreme Court blocks former Broward Sheriff Scott Israel from getting his job back

Suspended Broward Sheriff Scott Israel lost his fight Tuesday to have the Florida Supreme Court return him to duty.

Now, in all likelihood, it’s up to the voters of Broward County to return him to office — if they want him back.

The court ruled that Gov. Ron DeSantis had the constitutional authority to suspend Israel in January for his agency’s failure to adequately respond to mass shootings at Marjory Stoneman High School in Parkland and the Fort Lauderdale airport.

The decision all but ends Israel’s attempt to get his job back before the 2020 election — the Republican-led Florida Senate is able to overrule the governor’s suspension.

</snip>

Without Senate intervention, the former sheriff’s only chance of returning to his job lies with the voters of Broward County, who elected him in 2012 and re-elected him easily in 2016.

That was before the shooting at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport in 2017 that claimed five lives and the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Doulgas High School in Parkland in 2018 that claimed 17 more.

</snip>

• 1 month later...

Ex-school deputy Scot Peterson arrested on charges of neglect of duty in Parkland massacre

Scot Peterson, the school security officer branded a coward for his inaction during the massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, has been arrested for neglect of duty, Broward County Sheriff Gregory Tony announced Tuesday.

Peterson, 56, had been nationally heckled and vilified for failing to confront the former student who gunned down and killed 17 students and staff at the Parkland school on Feb. 14, 2018.

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Ex-school deputy Scot Peterson arrested on charges of neglect of duty in Parkland massacre

Scot Peterson, the school security officer branded a coward for his inaction during the massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, has been arrested for neglect of duty, Broward County Sheriff Gregory Tony announced Tuesday.

Peterson, 56, had been nationally heckled and vilified for failing to confront the former student who gunned down and killed 17 students and staff at the Parkland school on Feb. 14, 2018.

</snip>

He failed those poor kids on a level I really thought was unattainable by a LEO.  His cowardice deserves jail time.  

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

The worst punishment is having to live with it.

I wonder if that’s true for a coward? Aren’t they just happy to have lived, to hell with the consequences?

i mean, I don’t want to presume his motive when he could have just frozen, but he’s alive, those kids aren’t, so he gets to live with his inaction. If he was willfully negligent then he probably gives no *****. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Tell that to the kids that died. 

Don't misunderstand me. If (when) found guilty he should be punished accordingly. I just don't know how a person with a conscience could live with themselves having shirked their duty to such an extent.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

4 deputies fired for "neglect of duty" in connection with Parkland school shooting, sheriff says

Broward County Sheriff Gregory Tony announced Wednesday the completion of an internal affairs investigation into the deadly mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland last year.

</snip>

"It's been a long time coming about accountability," said Andrew Pollack, whose daughter, Meadow, was killed in the shooting. "That word has haunted me from a year ago, over a year ago, when my daughter was murdered. The people that failed need to be held accountable."

Pollack, who spoke to WPTV over the phone on Wednesday, said these punishments wouldn't have been possible had Gov. Ron DeSantis not replaced former Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel with Sheriff Tony.

"I know that with Sheriff Tony in charge he was gonna see that everything was done properly and the people that didn't act would be held accountable," said Pollack. "And I stand by the sheriff's investigation and I know they did a thorough one."

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 1