Johnny Manziel Will Play Football in the Spring League in Texas

26CornerBlitz

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Shortsighted decision.  $300K with a chance to show that he was clean while showcasing his football skills is something he should have been all over.   Now all he has is a long shot to get signed after playing in the Spring League which can't be much in the way of compensation. 

The Manziel family is quite wealthy........$300K is of little consequence to them..........so it's easy to see how JM would rather just play it like this rather than risk injury or embarrassment playing in the CFL.   It doesn't always come fast and easy to young QB's up there either.    I don't agree with it but I can see why he thinks that way. 

Too bad because I wanted to see him with Hamilton.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The Manziel family is quite wealthy........$300K is of little consequence to them..........so it's easy to see how JM would rather just play it like this rather than risk injury or embarrassment playing in the CFL.   It doesn't always come fast and easy to young QB's up there either.    I don't agree with it but I can see why he thinks that way. 

Too bad because I wanted to see him with Hamilton.

The compensation should have been secondary in his thinking.  Showing he is clean and reliable over the course of an entire season should have been his #1 priority.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

He was legit in college. He showed flashes with Cleveland. If gets clean he could be Flutie 2.0

What flashes were those?  His money gesture?    

During his tenure in Cleveland,    Johhny Football completed just 57% of his passes  with 6.5 ypa.  and  74.4 rating.  Flashes of mediocrity maybe.

Edited by prissythecat

10 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

What flashes were those?  His money gesture?    

During his tenure in Cleveland,    Johhny Football completed just 57% of his passes  with 6.5 ypa.  and  74.4 rating.  Flashes of mediocrity maybe.

By “flashes” I meant he showed why he was a first round pick on a few plays. I was not saying he was on his way to being an all pro or anything like that. Some of you guys will take one thing and stretch it soooo far out that it’s ridiculous. Plus he played for the browns, who as we all know, have been lacking talent for about 25 years now. I can’t wait to see how you’ll stretch these words now...

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The compensation should have been secondary in his thinking.  Showing he is clean and reliable over the course of an entire season should have been his #1 priority.

Yeah it tells me he's not all-in on getting his football career back.

But I know this much..........as Yolo inferred earlier.......he could make more than $300K per year just playing golf with boosters for A&M.   I saw an estimate that he was worth about $300M in extra booster cash for A&M during his Heisman year.   The money changing hands at these major football factories is no joke and he isn't some kid from the ghetto he's a rich kid from oil money like the people they are tapping for cash.

“It only takes one team but I’ll be dumbfounded if it happens. Watching him, listening to the interviews, none of it sounds real. Nobody trusts him, he’s been so full of it." — An AFC exec on Johnny Manziel's NFL chances

“It only takes one team but I’ll be dumbfounded if it happens,” said one AFC exec on Wednesday night. “Watching him, listening to the interviews, none of it sounds real. Nobody trusts him, he’s been so full of it. That was what was great about him, is he could bullsh-t and get along with anyone. But what you eventually figured out was it’s all BS.”

This is take is not unique among NFL evaluators, and that means finding a way to rebuild any trust left with teams will be a vital first step for Manziel. From there, he’d likely have to put something on tape, and so going to the Spring League to get two games in April can’t hurt. After that, my guess is Mazniel will have to play in Canada to prove to teams that his juices for the game are still flowing. If he can, you might seem him get a shot. But there certainly aren’t any sure things here.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz