Mayock on WGR

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

My point is he clearly is the better passing QB. Football is a team sport. I think our team would be better off with Cousins at QB. He'd be an upgrade. 

No one could credibly refute these points.  The key question for me is he a QB capable of carrying the franchise such that he makes those around him better?  For me that answer is no and I would not commit the necessary dollars it will take to secure his services. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No one could credibly refute these points.  The key question for me is he a QB capable of carrying the franchise such that he makes those around him better?  For me that answer is no and I would not commit the necessary dollars it will take to secure his services. 

dumb post. you go on and on about jimmy g but unwilling to commit to cousins? 

Just now, aristocrat said:

dumb post. you go on and on about jimmy g but unwilling to commit to cousins? 

:lol: It's my value judgment. Garoppolo entered the lineup for a one win team and subsequently led his team to five straight victories. 

It's seems these people are also dumb because with the exception of one they all see Jimmy G as a better QB as well. Feel free to educate yourself:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000915616/article/jimmy-garoppolo-vs-kirk-cousins-which-quarterback-is-more-valuable

11 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I bet you could take the very best scouts of all time and find almost as many of those things. He's very good. He watches a ton of tape. Granted not as much as a full time scout but pretty close. It's likely an 70 hour a week job for him. And he looks for the same things scouts look for, outside of specific team needs and wants only the scouts know.

If there were a way to qualify that bet, I’d take you up on it in a heartbeat. 

He may LOOK for the same things scouts do, but I will never be convinced he SEES the same things scouts do simply because he doesn’t have the time to see it on the same level. His career as a color analyst, sideline reporter,  play by play guy, etc. during the season simply doesn’t allow for the in depth person evaluations required to validate what is seen on video. Video is just the tip of the iceberg in the process.

Look, I like Mayock; think he’s the best at what he does for what his job entails. 

2 minutes ago, Wideright24 said:

Old news. Dunkirk Don told us this months ago. Follow the money. 

And real estate transactions. Gotta follow the land deals or get left out. 

I now own most of the Route 36 corridor through Mt. Morris as a result. 

:lol: It's my value judgment. Garoppolo entered the lineup for a one win team and subsequently led his team to five straight victories. 

It's seems these people are also dumb because with the exception of one they all see Jimmy G as a better QB as well. Feel free to educate yourself:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000915616/article/jimmy-garoppolo-vs-kirk-cousins-which-quarterback-is-more-valuable

beat the bears, texans, jags in a crazy no defense kind of game,  a bad titans team, and the rams with sean mannion. so on the scale of good wins those are some garbage wins. 

Just now, aristocrat said:

beat the bears, texans, jags in a crazy no defense kind of game,  a bad titans team, and the rams with sean mannion. so on the scale of good wins those are some garbage wins. 

:lol: Speaking of dumb posts.  You like Cousins better, then explain how he's a better QB.  Why hasn't he lifted his team since he's so special? 

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:lol: Speaking of dumb posts.  You like Cousins better, then explain how he's a better QB.  Why hasn't he lifted his team since he's so special? 

jimmy g also had 7 tds and,....5 picks in those games. that's a lot of picks against some bad teams. so defend the schedule he played.  

football is a team sport. cousins has a proven record being a successful guy. how come brees or rivers or stafford can't elevate their teams?(brees before this past year). It's because it's a team game and you need to be good on all sides of the ball and the skins werent. 

13 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Well, two years ago Cousins did lead the Redskins into the playoffs in a pretty tough division. The Redskins made some horrific off-season moves in which they let go of his top two receivers (Garcon and Jackson) and replaced them with garbage. His favorite target (TE Jordan) was out most of the year. The running game was non-existent, as the team was down to their 3rd string RB by season's end.

Yet, despite all of these issues, Cousins still managed to pass for well over 4,000 yards and 27 TD passes -- plus 4 rushing TDs,  the same number as the highly mobile Tyrod.

Imagine what Cousins could do with a weapon like Shady in the backfield?

Edited by 2003Contenders
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

jimmy g also had 7 tds and,....5 picks in those games. that's a lot of picks against some bad teams. so defend the schedule he played.  

football is a team sport. cousins has a proven record being a successful guy. how come brees or rivers or stafford can't elevate their teams?(brees before this past year). It's because it's a team game and you need to be good on all sides of the ball and the skins werent. 

You can't describe the attributes that make Cousins a better player, so you respond by asking me a question.  Should have been easy since you claim my post was dumb. Next you'll be telling me how good Cousins is because of his three 4K yard seasons.   Again, compare the two QBs in terms of strengths and weaknesses and tell me why Cousins is better instead of dodging. 

1 minute ago, 2003Contenders said:

Well, two years ago Cousins did lead the Redskins into the playoffs in a pretty tough division. The Redskins made some horrific off-season moves in which they let go of his top two receivers (Garcon and Jackson) and replaced them with garbage. His favorite target (TE Jordan) was out most of the year. The running game was non-existent, as the team was down to their 3rd string RB by season's end.

Yet, despite all of these issues, Cousins still managed to pass for well over 4,000 yards and 27 TD passes -- plus 4 rushing TDs,  the same number as the highly mobile Tyrod.

nice

1 minute ago, 2003Contenders said:

IIRC, they won the division that year with a 9-7 record.  Doesn't seem so tough to me. 

Again, Cousins is pretty good. For the money he'll command, I want great and he simply isn't IMO. 

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The media has what, 6 QB going in the top 20 picks this year?

Never say never, but I think >3 QB in the first 20 picks has happened 2x (2011 and 1999) and neither time was particularly encouraging.

I think Mayfield, Rosen, and Darnold go round 1 for sure. I think there is a pretty good chance that Allen goes in round 1. Jackson might sneak into the first round, I think he will go in round 2 along with Rudolph. I think White might sneak into round 2 but may be taken in Round 3. Falk and Lauletta probably go in round 4. 

I could be wrong, I really think we will see at least seven guys go in the first three rounds. It is a very deep QB class this year, it would not surprise me to see some draft records in terms of quantity taken. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You can't describe the attributes that make Cousins a better player, so you respond by asking me a question.  Should have been easy since you claim my post was dumb. Next you'll be telling me how good Cousins is because of his three 4K yard seasons.   Again, compare the two QBs in terms of strengths and weaknesses and tell me why Cousins is better instead of dodging. 

cousins has 3 years of starting where he has shown he can make all the throws and protect the ball.  jimmy played 5 games against poor opponents and could not protect the ball with 5 picks which would be like 18 over a season. You lose your job over that. Cousins has show he can be 2nd in the nfl with great wrs and a few spots down in yards when he has garbage for wr's.  The skins defense has been terrible so he's in a situation where he plays from behind cause his defense gets torched.  Like any qb give him a great team and if they have talent they will win. 

15 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Absolutely.

My argument, in this case, would be that Cousins is the significantly safer bet. Not that he is better, but that you have a sample size of 48 starts over the past 3 seasons. He has some plusses and some minuses, but ultimately he has been highly productive all 3 years and the production has not just been due to volume. Looking strictly at efficiency stats, he has a YPA of 7.80 over those 3 years (good for 5th among QBs with at least 450 attempts), he has a TD% of 4.80% (13th), he has a TD/TO ratio of 1.96, but that also comes with an average of 2 TDs per game played. Only 5 QBs in the league are responsible for more TDs per game than Cousins over the past 3 years. Rodgers, Brady, Luck, Newton, and Brees (Russ Wilson is tied).

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

IIRC, they won the division that year with a 9-7 record.  Doesn't seem so tough to me. 

Again, Cousins is pretty good. For the money he'll command, I want great and he simply isn't IMO. 

how do you go from defending jimmy g to the death and these comments on cousins. makes zero sense. 

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

cousins has 3 years of starting where he has shown he can make all the throws and protect the ball.  jimmy played 5 games against poor opponents and could not protect the ball with 5 picks which would be like 18 over a season. You lose your job over that. Cousins has show he can be 2nd in the nfl with great wrs and a few spots down in yards when he has garbage for wr's.  The skins defense has been terrible so he's in a situation where he plays from behind cause his defense gets torched.  Like any qb give him a great team and if they have talent they will win. 

That's your breakdown of their strengths and weaknesses?   Just admit you haven't watched either of them play very much and you're going on stats.  It's okay. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's your breakdown of their strengths and weaknesses?   Just admit you haven't watched either of them play very much and you're going on stats.  It's okay. 

i've watched both of them play. jags and rams game for jimmy. quite a few more for cousins. the difference between the 3rd best qb and the 10th is like splitting hairs. not too much different.  Just because i pointed out flaws in your jimmy g crusade doesn't mean you get all butthurt.  cousins is a sure top 10 qb in the league.  jimmy is a gamble.