Nick Foles is going nowhere...

LabattBlue

On 2/9/2018 at 9:53 AM, FearLess Price said:

Yo that was crazy he really said Jesus Christ on tv. Phili is gonna finesse a qb hungry team for 1st round pick , during fa or pre-season after some gets hurt. I just hope its not us.

You can say Jesus Christ on tv as long as you don't add a middle name.

Whoever gets Nick Foles better be prepared to run RPO full time.

You can't trust the brief showing in 2016 with Andy Reid.........if you get him you have to assume he's playing in shotgun all the time.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Haha... I will be shocked if he isn’t traded. I think a 2nd will do it, too.

I would think so, but then again, Howie Roseman and Doug Pederson seem like the type of guys that are always a step ahead... 

If you think he's traded, when do you see it happening? 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Haha... I will be shocked if he isn’t traded. I think a 2nd will do it, too.

In that case, Cleveland makes the most sense since a 2nd to them, is essentially nothing for this year and the plethora of picks and money they have and it immediately provides QB relevance and the opportunity for their newly anointed QB of the future to grow for a year.

41 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I would think so, but then again, Howie Roseman and Doug Pederson seem like the type of guys that are always a step ahead... 

If you think he's traded, when do you see it happening? 

Soon. As soon as the trade window opens.  They are over the cap and have no draft picks in the 1st 3 rounds. They can help both areas by trading him.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Eagles reportedly might demand at least two first-round picks in a Nick Foles trade
To that end, Peter King of TheMMQB.com, who spent several days post Super Bowl embedded with the Eagles, believes it would require two first-round picks to even have the discussion about prying Foles away.

King says he doesn't think the team will trade him, primarily because GM Howie Roseman and coach Doug Pederson see "the backup quarterback is one of the 10 or 12 most important players on the team." But if they do, it will be expensive.

"I don't think Philly trades quarterback Nick Foles, unless some team makes an offer that start with two first-round picks," King writes. "Even then, I'm skeptical they'd pull the trigger. This is why they got Foles in the first place -- because GM Howie Roseman and Pederson think the backup quarterback is one of the 10 or 12 most important players on the team."

16 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Eagles reportedly might demand at least two first-round picks in a Nick Foles trade
To that end, Peter King of TheMMQB.com, who spent several days post Super Bowl embedded with the Eagles, believes it would require two first-round picks to even have the discussion about prying Foles away.

King says he doesn't think the team will trade him, primarily because GM Howie Roseman and coach Doug Pederson see "the backup quarterback is one of the 10 or 12 most important players on the team." But if they do, it will be expensive.

"I don't think Philly trades quarterback Nick Foles, unless some team makes an offer that start with two first-round picks," King writes. "Even then, I'm skeptical they'd pull the trigger. This is why they got Foles in the first place -- because GM Howie Roseman and Pederson think the backup quarterback is one of the 10 or 12 most important players on the team."

As much as I like Foles, this is ridiculous. I think potentially a 1st rounder >15 at very most. 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Interesting... This will definitely be an important conversation piece throughout the off-season. 

I appreciate this guys expertise, but at the same time, he isn't looking at the scans and doing the measurements himself. Medicine is a great field, but it seems to me that there isn't a field with as many "curve balls" as medicine. We shall see.

I also think an important question in all this is if we believe that the Eagles cant be competitive with Nate Sudfield playing on that team.... I guess I may be naive, but I wouldn't be surprised to see just about anyone flourish with Doug Pederson calling the shots. 

Edited by whatdrought

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Interesting... This will definitely be an important conversation piece throughout the off-season. 

I appreciate this guys expertise, but at the same time, he isn't looking at the scans and doing the measurements himself. Medicine is a great field, but it seems to me that there isn't a field with as many "curve balls" as medicine. We shall see.

I also think an important question in all this is if we believe that the Eagles cant be competitive with Nate Sudfield playing on that team.... I guess I may be naive, but I wouldn't be surprised to see just about anyone flourish with Doug Pederson calling the shots. 

If that's the case, then Foles is nothing special. 

4 hours ago, whatdrought said:

So you think some clown named Sudfield could have stepped in and did what Foles did in the two playoff games and the Super Bowl?  Naive is an understatement.

3 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

So you think some clown named Sudfield could have stepped in and did what Foles did in the two playoff games and the Super Bowl?  Naive is an understatement.

Hey... Nick Foles just out-dueled Tom Brady in the SuperBowl... I don't pretend to know what's going on anymore. But since you have all of the answers, I will defer to your judgement. 

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

LMAO....Sudafed stepping in....Roseman is a bit smarter than that after being restored to their personnel guy after Chocolate Chip......with the undcertainty of Wentz' eventual return after BOTH ACL & LCL surgery, Foles is a pretty cheap insurance policy at $7+ mil IMO.....