Josh McDaniels Withdraws from Colts' HC Job

12 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

DeAndre Jordan had assistants from all over, accept jobs with the Mavericks because they thought he was going to Dallas? I missed that part. It isn't the same, to you it is, but it isn't. You cry the media doesn't know more than us and it's just fodder, but keep spewing McDaniels got a better offer like it's a fact that you know, from the media. What he did was wrong. You might be the only one who doesn't agree with that. 

What are you talking about?  Mavs PASSED up OTHER players because they had a DEAL with DeAndre.  They missed out on signing guys who had already signed with other teams.  

Secondly, anyone who took a job with the Colts based on an UNSIGNED contract from a guy who was under contract still with another team is foolish.  They should have AGREED to the job PENDING McDaniels OFFICIALLY taking the job if the ONLY reason was because of McDaniels.  Geezus, anyone in business knows you dont make decisions on things that are not official, and if you do then you are making a calculate gamble on that going as planned...and sometimes, you lose when you gamble.  

And we all already know that NE offered McDaniels more money to stay after the SB.  So that is not fodder, he got an offer AFTER the Colts offer that he felt was better for his family and career.  I love all these people here pretending they would turn down a better job for themselves and their family to keep a verbal deal on a job offer that came in BEFORE the better one.  

Anyways, not sure why I got so sucked into this...I mean I hate McDaniels.  Actually glad he might one day succeed BB as I think he will be a sucky HC again.  But I dont form my opinions on subjects based on biased hate, I treat it the same if it was me or anyone else.  

10 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Like thousands of other people, I've been in situations where the honorable thing to do wasn't aligned with the best thing to do for my career.  Like thousands of others, I chose the honorable thing.

Specifically, I've turned down bigger/more generous offers out of loyalty to the people I gathered onto my team.  I suspect many of McDaniel's critics have done the same.  

He made commitments to people.  Then he selfishly broke those commitments.  This is bad.

I mean no disrespect but are you saying you would uproot your kids, wife, etc...take them to somewhere they dont want to go, away from their schools and friends all in the name of some pretend honorable decision?  No disrespect, but I dont believe that for a second.  Verbal deals that dont move forward happen a million times a day in every industry in the world.  If I had a dollar for every verbal commitment from a potential investor made to me in my company that didn't go through I would be a rich man.  

You guys lack humanity in these decisions...its not just him, its his kids and family too.  I seriously doubt you would disrupt the lives of your children to take a job that you agreed to take BEFORE a better job came along that was best for your kids.  

I put my family before any job...and its not even a question.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Nice  Way to go to save face 

Yeah, he had not choice, I would have done the same without question.  All the agent cares about is his relationship with the teams because thats how he gets paid on future clients, getting teams to give his clients contracts and money.  So he has to make a good statement here to help preserve those relationships.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

To everyone...its all good.  Hate him all you want, I am there with you...I just hate him because I always hated him.  I think people have a right to choose the best decisions for them and their families, and sometimes those choices don't always come at the same time and tough decisions need to be made.  

I wonder if anyone would have felt bad for McDaniels though if he got fired after 8 games if they started 0-8 with that bad roster, especially after uprooting his family to Indy.  No one cares about the player/coach when the team breaks their commitment to them and breaks their contract...and they sure don't think about what the families go through either.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

To everyone...its all good.  Hate him all you want, I am there with you...I just hate him because I always hated him.  I think people have a right to choose the best decisions for them and their families, and sometimes those choices don't always come at the same time and tough decisions need to be made.  

I wonder if anyone would have felt bad for McDaniels though if he got fired after 8 games if they started 0-8 with that bad roster, especially after uprooting his family to Indy.  No one cares about the player/coach when the team breaks their commitment to them and breaks their contract...and they sure don't think about what the families go through either.  

To that I say....WAAAAAAA.  These guys make dream money; the "uprooting" is way overplayed.  McDaniels is a POS.

42 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

People should be able to choose what's best for their family.  Unfortunately, McDaniels didn't have that same thought for the three other families he just uprooted.  Real classy guy.

Also, no, I wouldn't feel bad because that's the nature of the business HE chose.  If you choose this job, you assume that risk.

Just now, seregil42 said:

People should be able to choose what's best for their family.  Unfortunately, McDaniels didn't have that same thought for the three other families he just uprooted.  Real classy guy.

Also, no, I wouldn't feel bad because that's the nature of the business HE chose.  If you choose this job, you assume that risk.

And don't equate this to the three families he uprooted.  It's not nearly the same situation.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Seems like Tony Dungy, whose opinion matters, disagrees with you strongly.

1 minute ago, seregil42 said:

And don't equate this to the three families he uprooted.  It's not nearly the same situation.

:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Sorry, but this is apologist bs and it's so illogical it strides boldly into the realm of stupidity. The man uprooted THREE other men and their families at his request. These coaches signed with Indy at his request and he hung them out to dry; they are now under contract and don't get a say in their own career futures or who they will be working with as a HC. Owners are notoriously on the same page about blackballing people who embarrass them, just look at Kaepernick, who could at least be a back-up but is unemployed because he started trouble for the league. 

McDouche burned bridges with all owners but Kraft and burned bridges with coaches around the league after marooning three other people with no regard for what he did to them, going back on his word (which is now worthless) to them and showing that he has zero loyalty to the people around him. 

Your ridiculous narrative about the media "not knowing" McDaniels was the next head coach is asinine. Three men made life and career decisions for themselves and their families on this guy's word and he screwed them. 

Thata incorrect you dont know if he did that or ballard did that

Lol your all salty because mcdaniels is staying in new england and that is bad news for you.

Thats the only explanation for a 15 page thread ob a topic that has nothing to do with the bills.

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I encourage you to come back after you have hair removed from mouth from licking Pats* balls.

Ahahaha good one. I know this much

Pats are winning at least 2 games in 2018

18 hours ago, Cmdjr85 said:

Ahahaha good one. I know this much
Pats are winning at least 2 games in 2018

What is worse us talking about the evil empire or some unpaid publicist coming here and posting?

Josh McDaniels' agent quits after being stunned by decision

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22356955/josh-mcdaniels-agent-bob-lamonte-quitting-colts-mess

Agent understands it is not just McDaniels' reputation is at stake here.

Edited by Limeaid

Just now, Limeaid said:

I encourage you to come back after you have hair removed from mouth from licking Pats* balls.

Josh McDaniels' agent quits after being stunned by decision

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22356955/josh-mcdaniels-agent-bob-lamonte-quitting-colts-mess

Agent understands it is not just McDaniels' reputation is at stake here.

Dont care this is none of your concern, youre a bills fan

14 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Could be. Alternately, the owner may have promised him he'll succeed Belichick. Or at least be a leading candidate with an inside track.

That would be cheating and violation of Rooney Rule - you can only promise jobs to black coaches not white, asian or hispanic - and we know the Pats* will not cheat.

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m sure he has it in writing that he’s the next Pats HC and that the time frame on that is relatively imminent.

Would love to get copy of that document and publicize it.

2 minutes ago, Cmdjr85 said:

You guys are obsessed. Its laughable at this point. 

Grow up 

We talk about NFL topics that may not be about the Bills. We talked about Nick Sabah when he tucked tail and ran; ditto for Bobby Petrino.

Deal with it

Or go away

As for your contention that this somehow is not on McDaniels for what he did to his assistants, that's utter hogwash. There is absolutely no way that he didn't assemble his own staff. Those guys left jobs and we're hung out to dry.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The media doesn't know any more than anyone else.  The media reported the job BEFORE he could even accept the job.  So the media is reacting to the false confirmation of him taking a job he couldn't accept at the time they reported it.  

So sorry, just more fodder.  Until a contract is signed, there is NO deal.  First rule of ANY business.  Nothing is official UNTIL its official.  Media reported it way early because they thats what they do...say things they cant confirm that they here from undisclosed sources to get article clicks.  And sometimes it bites them in the a**...actually frequently bites them in the a**.

And I am sorry, why does anyone have the right to scrutinize someone making the best decision for his family?  What a load of BS.  His career is not OWED to the Colts.  He had something else PRIOR to concluding and signing any Colts deal that came up that he felt was best for him, his career, and family...nothing was owed to any fan, team, owner, etc.  And its absurd to think so.  If any one here got offered a job and then got offered a job they wanted or preferred more, every single one of you would take that job you preferred.  Bunch of hypocritical criticism that NO ONE else would do them selves.

Its amazing how fans and media try and completely dehumanize life changing and career decisions as if players or coaches OWE team owners something...the same team owners who break the very contracts they sign every single year with players and coaches if they feel they can get someone CHEAPER or BETTER to do the job they gave them a contract to do. 

LUDRICSOUS to falt McDaniels on this, and I hate McDaniels and have no optimism for him as a HC.  

...certainly understand what you're saying Dawg.......media reported McDaniels & Patricia HC hires as well as Alex Smith trade, NONE of which had signed contracts in place when reported......Patricia signed, McDaniels balked and Smith/Deadskins still have an opportunity to nix the deal....absolutely loathe the urinalists, but this one is NOT on them IMO....