Report: Browns Add Scot McCloughan to the Front Office

23 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Welp, scratch the Browns as a landing spot for Kirk Cousins.  Not that I think he'd go there, or that the Browns, owning 2 picks in the top 5, should back up the truck for him, but it was being talked of.

I'm Captain Kirk, I'm "wherever this guy goest,  I shall (NOT) go"

I don’t think he will have that kind of influence . He’s just helping them with the draft. 

44 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....agree.......sure he has some issues but he knows his stuff......now on the other hand, Browns hiring the Colts former GM Grigson, a man of many talents (COUGH) is baffling...

Highly agree with you here. Never been a big Grigson fan at all.

2 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Highly agree with you here. Never been a big Grigson fan at all.

....Grigson shouldn't even be an NFL kicking tee......he was an abysmal failure......laughable when he pulled the CYA card and said the Luck extension deal precluded him from being able to sign good supporting players.....sure the Luck deal was Irsay, but how about their players BEFORE the deal?.......nice try........

2 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

But this doesn’t really affect me as a Bills fan at all. Not trying to be a dick I just don’t know if this related to the bills or Kirk cousins or something 

This board is a Bills one, obviously, but it has long been good at generating discussions about other goings-on around the league. If you're not interested, that's fine, but the board will always feature discussions about non-Bills-related NFL stories because of the people who have long populated the board. 

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

They hired a guy fired twice for having a problem with alcohol.   

Ok.  

They hired a guy that is well known for being an extremely excellent talent evaluator. Combining with what they already had on hand in that FO...yea the Browns are making great moves.

Make no mistake, he did/does have alcohol issues...but according to most insiders when he was fired from the Skins it had zero to do with alcohol and everything to do with that idiot Allen grasping for control.

5 minutes ago, cale said:

....LMAO...pot calling the kettle black?.....how much "sauce" was consumed in Bflo over the last SEVENTEEN YEARS?....this game does strange things................

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...at least it is EXTREMELY reassuring to know that no TBD member faces "alcohol demons" like Scott has, right?...

I think my point should have been.  This job will come with a lot less profile and pressure.  Maybe  in a more relaxed situation he can be productive and healthy .  

20 minutes ago, cale said:

The problems in Washington begin with, and are, Dan Snyder.  McCloughan wanted to extend Cousins two years ago to avoid just this situation, but Snyder and Bruce Allen waffled and the deal never got done.  The Redskins possibly looked to have turned the corner, but alas Danny can't stay out of his own way.

As pointed out in this thread, McCloughan to Cleveland is a good move on the Browns part.  They have a ton of picks, and the FO that will know what to do with them.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, baskingridgebillsfan said:

I think my point should have been.  This job will come with a lot less profile and pressure.  Maybe  in a more relaxed situation he can be productive and healthy .  

....you're good bud...I was just being sarcastic and apologize for the confusion.......he knows his stuff period.......

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

The problems in Washington begin with, and are, Dan Snyder.  McCloughan wanted to extend Cousins two years ago to avoid just this situation, but Snyder and Bruce Allen waffled and the deal never got done.  The Redskins possibly looked to have turned the corner, but alas Danny can't stay out of his own way.

As pointed out in this thread, McCloughan to Cleveland is a good move on the Browns part.  They have a ton of picks, and the FO that will know what to do with them.

....the shocker is why the hell was Allen hiding under his desk versus breaking the impasse unless Boy Danny was calling the shots?......after all, he is the architect of the RG II 1/8 deal, right?...Allen was a pretty good personnel guy in TB and his old man was George Allen from Deadskins lore........pinning this on Scott is typical Snyder......

4 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Browns owner now needs to just have patience.

And not interfere in the decision making like he has in the past. 

I am actually just a little surprised that they've haven't seemed to have any trouble attracting so many big name front office people with Haslam's track record... 

Although I am sure that landing Dorsey went a long way in that regard (plus the boatload of picks...). 

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

And not interfere in the decision making like he has in the past. 

I am actually just a little surprised that they've haven't seemed to have any trouble attracting so many big name front office people with Haslam's track record... 

Although I am sure that landing Dorsey went a long way in that regard (plus the boatload of picks...). 

I think Browns opened the door with Dorsey taking the position. Good opportunity apparently.

BTW I thinks Scott is a very good pick up. Be interesting to watch Browns this off season

27 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....you're good bud...I was just being sarcastic and apologize for the confusion.......he knows his stuff period.......

....the shocker is why the hell was Allen hiding under his desk versus breaking the impasse unless Boy Danny was calling the shots?......after all, he is the architect of the RG II 1/8 deal, right?...Allen was a pretty good personnel guy in TB and his old man was George Allen from Deadskins lore........pinning this on Scott is typical Snyder......

It wasn't an impasse it was a shite show.  Rumored affairs , the wife on twitter calling out the girlfriend.  He gets out of control when he his illness takes over 

1 minute ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

It wasn't an impasse it was a shite show.  Rumored affairs , the wife on twitter calling out the girlfriend.  He gets out of control when he his illness takes over 

...my apology...did not know those gory details............