The Cousins Plan

8 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Yes, this is exactly what I keep saying. Why would you pay a guy this money who will likely win you no more games, or possibly even LESS games than Tyrod could?

He might look better losing and throw for 300 yards a lot but you don't get to the playoffs on 300 yard passing games...you get there with wins.

I dont see any evidence that Cousins will win us more games than Tyrod has...in fact I see evidence that he would win us less games because we would have to shed contracts making the roster weaker and there is nothing he has done in Washington to make me think he is a guy who is going to win ganes by himself like a franchise QB has to do at times...

right on matter. people are enamored with QB stats but dont realize that QBing is about the intangibles. I have seen the guy play and i dont like his game. He was what Bill Walsh used to call one of those guys who plays just well enough to make you lose(obviously a paraphrase).

We could also pick up Phillip Rivers and go 9-7 for the next 3 yrs. Is that what we really want?

Anyone signing Cousins will wreck their team with his salary hit combined with his slightly above average play..and --as u mentioned--the inability to bring in/sign other key guys.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cousins sign with the Jets. They have close to $80 mill in cap space. Denver and Arizona have about the same amount of cap space as we do. (Approx $30 mill.) Assuming that he doesn't want to play in Cleveland which could open the bidding at $30 mill per year - 5 yrs All Gtd Total $150 mill...

Can't realistically see Buffalo signing Cousins...

Edited by DefenseWins

4 minutes ago, Dalton said:

Why does Bridgewater want to be a backup?

This. You can't just make plans based on what you think someone's value is, you have to go by what they think of themselves. Now, if you'd said TB is staying in Minny as a backup because the Vikings are going to try and say he missed more than 6 games this year so it doesn't count towards FA, then you might have a point. 

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

This. You can't just make plans based on what you think someone's value is, you have to go by what they think of themselves. Now, if you'd said TB is staying in Minny as a backup because the Vikings are going to try and say he missed more than 6 games this year so it doesn't count towards FA, then you might have a point. 

:doh:It was a joke, but neither of you made it to the punchline.

Tough crowd...