Trading for a Carson Wentz

Statistically, the Eagles offense was significantly more effective than it's been under Foles.  Philly might be willing to have a conversation about Foles, or if h'e a free agent decline to extend him, but they are never in this universe going to trade Wentz.

I think there are a few nice ideas that could potentially be trade targets. For once, I actually trust the judgment of the guys in charge. Whoever they like I am probably on board with. In no particular order

-Dalton

-Mccarron

-Alex Smith

-Foles

-Luck (dreaming probably)

-Eli

-Glennon (not as a guaranteed starter)

-Rivers (Lynn may want his own guy that can move)

-Cam (we are basically the panthers north, new ownership may want a new face and attitude)

-Winston (Maybe the coach wants a more consistent qb in his last stand as HC)

some of these are much much less realistic then others, but it’s the NFL. These teams overvalue draft picks to a disgraceful degree. You can probably get 99% of the players in the league for a first. It’s strange.

The priority for building a winning team is not to spend all resources to put an important Band-Aid  of a franchise QB but instead to build adequately in both trenches and also acquire develop gamebreakers for this franchise QB to exploit and make better players.

Particularly with an inadequate OL (or poorly trained and utilized OL) lost Wood, we need to at least build an adequate base BEFORE spending a bunch of resources to draft, sign, or trade for a franchise QB who basically will be running for his life with an inadequate O around him.

I think our "process" should follow the Big Ben Pittsburgh model rather than the Indy Andrew Luck model of building a winner.

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Since the eagles have their Super Bowl QB in Nick Foles, they should be more than willing to trade us  Carson Wentz :flirt:

Why not go for broke and trade Montreal Alouettes for John Skelton?  Maybe we could offer one of our DEs for him?

5 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

And people complain about useless threads being started by newbies....smh?

Actually with QBs you take whatever advice Barbarian gives and do the opposite.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

And people complain about useless threads being started by newbies....smh?

well it is the off season so there is that.

nothing wrong with throwing some sense of humor around during this boring time of year. it's the threads started that the OP is actually serious with things like "my sources tell me" and "high level business meetings" that tend to be more useless than entertaining.

2 hours ago, cba fan said:

lol.......So my internet board Dr degree has determined from the OP the following:     all's not well in Wellsville, NY............................................RX= more beer. Lots of beer. :D

All is well, I don't drink, this was done in tongue in cheek, but it would be fun though.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

I was just having a laugh with my morning cup of joe guys, no harm intended.didn't mean to upset the natural order of the board

The natural order of the board is disorder. Shady must be a tad under the weather today.

2 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Statistically, the Eagles offense was significantly more effective than it's been under Foles.  Philly might be willing to have a conversation about Foles, or if h'e a free agent decline to extend him, but they are never in this universe going to trade Wentz.

I believe Foles signed a 3 year deal last offseason.  I don't believe the Eagles would part with either of them.

2 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

I was just having a laugh with my morning cup of joe guys, no harm intended.didn't mean to upset the natural order of the board

lol........yeah you little rebel

to think someone can't joke around a little without worrying if the next generation will be born with a double forehead or an extra ear or finger or some ****........

I think Nick Foles would be a perfect fit for the Bills. He has the largest hands in football and can play in cold weather, still young.... been around the league to gain experience and at 29 years old starting to enter a QBs prime years. At 6'5" he has great size..I don't believe another QB would fit us better at this point in time..we could also grab Mason Rudolph to sit and learn for a couple years to develop. So trade #21 for Foles and #22 for Rudolph in the draft and we would be set at QB for 15 years.

Edited by MC Hamburg

QBs Cousins, Brees, Garopplo, Keenum, Bridgewater, Bradford, McCown, Matt Moore and even Fitzy are all free agents. and there are more but not better than TT so they will remain unnamed. 

The Bills could even trade for a veteran QB like Alex Smith, Eli Manning, AJ McCarron. The Jags might even release Blake Bortles who with a proper OC should be able to straighten out his problems. There is a chance the Bears release Mike Glennon.

The Bills will have their choice of bridge QB and possibly a top ten or top four pick at QB should they desire to move up. I would think that Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen will be gone by the four pick but if not they could trade up to four with Cleveland to beat out the Broncos and Jets. OR if they prefer Josh Allen they could wait a bit to move up to 12 with Cincy to get Allen and throw in Cordy Glenn as the Bengals need a LT. 

We will just need to wait and see what the future holds as McD and Beane will get their man I'm sure.