Bills salary cap 2018

freester

Yep, it's all there.

Even with all the dead money, the Bills enter the offseason with ~29 million in cap room. 

They would gain an extra 9.4 by cutting Tyrod.

There are only a couple guys they could cut/restructure to gain some extra room, mainly Zo, Richie or Hughes. 

2019? a whopping 92 million in cap room! 

1 minute ago, horned dogs said:

I think there is enough available with cutting Taylor, perhaps a couple others (Glenn, Hughes), an/or restructuring some guys. With an increase in salary cap we could still sign Cousins for about 25M, and Lotulelei 8-9, Gaines 3-4, and still be have room for low level and draft choices.

Gaines 3-4? You're nuts. He's going to get 8-9 mil per year...

• Like (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Barely anything due to 30 million in dead cap.

With all the holes, it will be a struggle to even sign a guy to a Hyde type contract.

Many of those holes will be filled by draft choices. That's how teams stay under the cap.

Probably a pretty strong chance TT is cut, add almost $10M to the cap space..., they have enough space to sign a bunch of draft picks and pick up a few FA's.

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

Many of those holes will be filled by draft choices. That's how teams stay under the cap.

Probably a pretty strong chance TT is cut, add almost $10M to the cap space..., they have enough space to sign a bunch of draft picks and pick up a few FA's.

How you expect to get a QB and fill multiple holes in draft?

3 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

How you expect to get a QB and fill multiple holes in draft?

I don't expect to do it myself. That's up to Beane.

How do we expect to fill multiple holes through the draft?   With draft picks.

How to get a QB? Either draft or FA.

We are NOT going to sign Cousins, I'm pretty confident in that. Likely a lesser tier FA.

We may not fill all our holes the way we want to this offseason, that's probably not unusual.

Dead cap is the cost of new regime. Beane said this week he doesn’t expect the dead cap to be where he wants it until 2019. They still appear in better shape than they’ve been in recent years when they would be like 7-9 and up against the cap. They had a winning record, made the playoffs, and have more draft capital and cap space than I can remember. I do not expect them to sign Cousins so I’m not worried about that taking up a big chunk.

2 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

If theyre worried about the cap, than Tyrod and Glenn will probably be the 1st players moved to other teams or cut for cap relief.

Wish em both the best if they get the pink slip

You barely save anything with Glenn and create another hole. Why do people continue want to make the Dareus mistake?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Clemfield2622 said:

Gaines 3-4? You're nuts. He's going to get 8-9 mil per year...

Doubtful. He may have seen that much before being constantly hurt this season. But that was a knock coming into this year on him. His health. I could see him signing a prove it deal more than I can see some team laying 9 mil a season on an effective yet easily injured CB.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Doubtful. He may have seen that much before being constantly hurt this season. But that was a knock coming into this year on him. His health. I could see him signing a prove it deal more than I can see some team laying 9 mil a season on an effective yet easily injured CB.

The other thing that could limit the market for Gaines is that he’s somewhat scheme-specific. He’s good in McD’s D but I wouldn’t put him in, say, a secondary that plays mostly man like Rex’s.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

You barely save anything with Glenn and create another hole. Why do people continue want to make the Dareus mistake?

I think glenn is an availability thing more than his cap number. Hes been injured a lot and I don't think they want to deal with that and pay him a ton of money.

Dawkins played well in his absence. If one could play well at rt that would be great, but I think they will try to move him for picks.

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I could see Cordy going to the NYG in a trade... 

It's so early but it makes so much sense for this to be a part of a trade up. Say the Giants make that trade Cordy, grab some linemen at 21, 22, they could be back in the Super Bowl next year. I know you have to grab the franchise guy when you can, but if Eli is going to play 3-4 more years then there is no need. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

It's so early but it makes so much sense for this to be a part of a trade up. Say the Giants make that trade Cordy, grab some linemen at 21, 22, they could be back in the Super Bowl next year. I know you have to grab the franchise guy when you can, but if Eli is going to play 3-4 more years then there is no need. 

from 3 wins to super bowl? Wow

• Like (+1) 2