Incognito update

YoloinOhio

On 1/26/2018 at 2:58 PM, Mr. WEO said:

What is he apologizing for?  Players never apologize for straight up trash talk--it's always been part of the game.   Notice Richie didn't deny the accusation.  Instead he had a team mate deny it for him and  he allowed Beane to offer up a lame "maybe it was a misunderstanding".

And why isn't Ngakoue  publicly acknowledging RI's apololgy?

Why isn't he confirming "yeah, we worked it out.  It's all good now"?

22 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

Yeah, it makes total sense that Richie said racist **** next to his black team mate.

Should we have a minimum IQ to post?

We all know to laugh at Weo’s hot takes. 

Last off-season he was busy trying to get Shady the chair for curbstomping all those champagne swilling cops.   Now it’s Richie might have said a bad word. 

Wgaf. 

56 minutes ago, KollegeStudnet said:

I doubt this will ever get resolved. 

It was resolved by RI and YN.  And the NFL appears to be letting it die quietly. 

11 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

We all know to laugh at Weo’s hot takes. 

Last off-season he was busy trying to get Shady the chair for curbstomping all those champagne swilling cops.   Now it’s Richie might have said a bad word. 

Wgaf. 

I know.  I kept/keep thinking about that in relation to this. 

On 1/26/2018 at 10:41 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I admire your standard.

Ngakoue by now wishes he'd kept his tweet shut and no way wants to reveal what was said.  Why draw a "road map" for next year's OLmen "how to get into his head"?  It's like sending out xrays of where the pins in your leg are located, as guidance for where the opponent should kick you.

Exactly.  RI probably something like "Welcome to the jungle rook, I will be planting you all day" and he took it as insulting all players of African decent even though most have never been near a jungle except jungle gyms and urban jungles. But some Bills fans so used to bashing Bills 24x7 are going to turn this into conspiracy with players not hearing anything including Jag players.

On 1/27/2018 at 11:45 AM, NoSaint said:

Its starting to feel like they could release tape and docs reaction would be “yea, but why did they take so long to let me hear it? Probably busy tampering with it! Cause no one else said they heard it. Guess we will never know what Ritchie said!”

its really something how he’s dug in on it definitely not being something racist

Innocent until proven guilty?  Reasonable doubt?

The court of public opinion plays by their own rules but incriminating somebody because they didn't make a public statement like you thought they should doesn't exactly blow my mind.

On January 27, 2018 at 2:27 PM, Doc said:

It's important for everyone to know what was said WEO, not just me.  If you were intellectually honest, at the very least you would want to know what was allegedly said as well.  Then you would want some evidence.  But it's obvious you're not so there's no point in hearing your wacky interpretations of things and what they prove. 

And you really are naive if you think that publicly declaring your innocence means anything.  But have at it.  I know it's all you've got. 

Hey, at least a tape would be something!  Let me know when one is released, much less incriminates RI.  Then we can talk about how I'd be claiming that the NFL is conspiring against RI.

Oh and as my final word, it appears YN accepted RI's "apology" and that the NFL isn't going to do anything.  Perhaps it's time both of you move on?

You are still stuck on the wacky conceit that because you and I haven't been told what was said---that this in and of itself is EVIDENCE that nothing was said.  How can you think that makes any sense at all?

I would love to know what was said, but that's not important in determining what was said.  That's as simple as it gets.

And no, publicly claiming innocence does not mean much, but publicly apologizing for saying "power(full)..words" wench it get's "crazy" that don't reflect "Who you are as a person"......that tells me all i need to know.  What on earth do you think this kid, who has a long history of saying these very things, was referring to in this apology?

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You are still stuck on the wacky conceit that because you and I haven't been told what was said---that this in and of itself is EVIDENCE that nothing was said.  How can you think that makes any sense at all?

I would love to know what was said, but that's not important in determining what was said.  That's as simple as it gets.

And no, publicly claiming innocence does not mean much, but publicly apologizing for saying "power(full)..words" wench it get's "crazy" that don't reflect "Who you are as a person"......that tells me all i need to know.  What on earth do you think this kid, who has a long history of saying these very things, was referring to in this apology?

Okay WEO.  You (sensibly, of course) don't care to know what was actually said and are content to go off of an alleged incriminating apology.  What would you do with RI?  Fine him?  Suspend him?  Cut him?  If it's anything more than "nothing," do you wonder why the NFL hasn't done, and likely won't do, anything to him, given his history with Jonathan Martin? 

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

Okay WEO.  You (sensibly, of course) don't care to know what was actually said and are content to go off of an alleged incriminating apology.  What would you do with RI?  Fine him?  Suspend him?  Cut him?  If it's anything more than "nothing," do you wonder why the NFL hasn't done, and likely won't do, anything to him, given his history with Jonathan Martin? 

You continue to actually, or more bizarrely, pretend to misunderstand what is being discussed here.

If the NFL is convinced he said nothing racial or suspendible (I don't even know if there is such a thing, honestly), then he should suffer NO PENALTY!  SEE?!!

To answer your question,  he was dumped by the Dolphins, no longer in the NFL.  He was sitting at home pounding his exotic car collection for the 2014 season.  Then the Bills signed him.

Why can't you answer the most obvious question of all (and that I keep asking)?  If he said nothing racially offensive (or offensive at all), what, exactly, is he apologizing so profusely for?  What would he have said where he has to apologize for the "power" of his words that don't reflect who he really is??

Just answer the question.  It's a real simple one.

Edited by Mr. WEO

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Without actually knowing - nothing... but I’m still able to say that given the context of what we do know, I think he probably said something reasonably offensive to a black person. 

“That guy said something racist”

”man, I apologize  - it gets crazy out there and what I said isn’t representative of the man I am”

And it seems to truly pain you to acknowledge that the response lends some credibility to the claim? 

You also keep mixing what one thinks happen with what he should be punished for. Let’s pretend for a minute you and I are having a beer, and chit chatting.... and put away the fear that roger Goodell is waiting for your opinion before moving forward with punishment... you have to think there’s a pretty good chance he said something racially inappropriate, right?

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You continue to actually, or more bizarrely, pretend to misunderstand what is being discussed here.

If the NFL is convinced he said nothing racial or suspendible (I don't even know if there is such a thing, honestly), then he should suffer NO PENALTY!  SEE?!!

To answer your question,  he was dumped by the Dolphins, no longer in the NFL.  He was sitting at home pounding his exotic car collection for the 2014 season.  Then the Bills signed him.

Why can't you answer the most obvious question of all (and that I keep asking)?  If he said nothing racially offensive (or offensive at all), what, exactly, is he apologizing so profusely for?  What would he have said where he has to apologize for the "power" of his words that don't reflect who he really is??

Just answer the question.  It's a real simple one.

You act like there's an objective interpretation here on what constitutes "offensive" or "racist."

You know that's not the case, right?

He's apologizing because he said something and Ngakoue thought it was racist.  Easy peasy.  

10 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

You act like there's an objective interpretation here on what constitutes "offensive" or "racist."

He's apologizing because he said something and Ngakoue thought it was racist.  Easy peasy.  

Maybe he said: "you half n----- piece of s---."

Would that be something a black man would consider racist........or just offensive?

4 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

I think that the- it’s crazy out there and it’s not representative of who I am— has to give a little pause that it might’ve been more than the previous “welcome to the jungle” hypothesis.

its possible there’s some ambiguity for sure... as I’ve said, I’m not trying to send him a suspension letter based on his apology... but The way it’s played has to give a little pause in defending what he may or may not have said.