What will happen with the offensive line?

Sky Diver

What do you think will happen to the O-Line in the off season?

Do the Bills trade Cordy Glenn?

If they keep Glenn, do they move him to RT or guard, or do they keep him at LT and move Dawkins to RT or guard?

Does John Miller get rehabilitated with the new OC?

Do they resign Henderson?

Do they dump Mills and Ducasse?

Will O-Line be a priority in the draft?

Who do they sign in free agency?

Edited by Sky Diver
Asked to edit title
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

What do you think will happen to the O-Line in the off season?

Do the Bills trade Cordy Glenn?

If they keep Glenn, do they move him to RT or guard, or do they keep him at LT and move Dawkins to RT or guard?

Does John Miller get rehabilitated with the new OC?

Do they resign Henderson?

Do they dumb Mills and Ducasse?

Will O-Line be a priority in the draft?

Who do they sign in free agency?

I think they keep Glenn unless they can get Cap relief otherwise and use it to go after a stud front 7 on the D.  

I think Miller gets better.   I think they keep Henderson (cheap, and huge upside).  Mills and Ducasse will be kept, at least through camp (see below).  

I think one of their first two picks is either Billy Price (C/G) from Ohio State, or Mike McGlinchey (OT) from Notre Dame.  Both would be day 1 starters.  

MCD likes great line play, and I can't envision us not using a 1st round pick on OL.  We don't have a lot of depth there and are getting old.  

42 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I think they keep Glenn unless they can get Cap relief otherwise and use it to go after a stud front 7 on the D.  

I think Miller gets better.   I think they keep Henderson (cheap, and huge upside).  Mills and Ducasse will be kept, at least through camp (see below).  

I think one of their first two picks is either Billy Price (C/G) from Ohio State, or Mike McGlinchey (OT) from Notre Dame.  Both would be day 1 starters.  

MCD likes great line play, and I can't envision us not using a 1st round pick on OL.  We don't have a lot of depth there and are getting old.  

I agree that OL is an important position (all across the line), but I think given equivalent prospects at DE, DT and OL, that they'd use a high pick on defense before an OL.

Further, I recognize that the Bills do have extra draft picks, but I think many are over-estimating the number and value of those picks.  They have 21 and 22 in round 1, 2 picks in the 20s of round 2, 1 pick around 20 in round 3 and their own #4 and 2 #5s.  Any move for a QB in the draft is going to consume at least a 1st and 2nd, probably both firsts.  If they do that, it doesn't leave a lot to address big need areas like DE, DT, LB.  

• Like (+1) 1

I think the oline is good enough for us to have a top offence in the NFL. We need to improve the skill positions and the QB. 

Dawkins played great as a rookie, there is not reason to believe he can't turn into a franchise LT. Glenn could be moved to RT, I don't see any reason to get rid of him right now his trade value is so low. Mills actually improved a lot last year, he is a solid swing tackle option. Wood and Incognito should have another good year left, if they don't Groy is a good option. RG could obviously be improved, I don't think there is an oline in the league with 5 good players though. 

I think they keep Glenn and he is the starter at LT unless he proves he can't do it.

They move Dawkins to RT and say good bye to Mills unless they can keep him cheaply as a back-up.

Miller comes back as the RG and we say good bye to Ducasse.

Groy stays as a backup at multiple positions.

They draft an O-Lineman in round 2 and groom to play as Incognito & Woods are getting older.  If this drafted linemen os good enough, he replaces Miller.  

• Like (+1) 1

Speaking of OL, now that they have hired a new OC, does anyone think they will be hiring a new OL coach as well?

The line actually came together a bit later in the season, so not sure it is totally necessary.  I do wish they still had Aron Kromer.  He got a lot out of that group.

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Speaking of OL, now that they have hired a new OC, does anyone think they will be hiring a new OL coach as well?

The line actually came together a bit later in the season, so not sure it is totally necessary.  I do wish they still had Aron Kromer.  He got a lot out of that group.

They really should.  Daboll should get the right to bring in guys he's comfortable working with, and also if he feels it necessary, guys who have experience in the E-P system.

I'm not saying they should sweep everybody out but they need to bring in some guys who are good with the system.

On OL, gouge is Daboll wants to return more to Kromer's blocking schemes, and Castillo was run game coordinator/OL coach - IMHO that alone would justify a switch as our run game fell off

1 hour ago, Socal-805 said:

Get rid of Glenn.  

Dawkins maybe at LT again.

This UNIT needs a complete rebuild over the next 2-3 years.

Eric Wood will be gone.

Richie Incognito will be gone.

Jordan Mills is a warm body.

I don't disagree that they need an infusion of youth.  I am only saying that DT and DE are more immediate needs as there is nobody there to get by with for 2018.

3 hours ago, VirginiaMike said:

I think they keep Glenn and he is the starter at LT unless he proves he can't do it.

They move Dawkins to RT and say good bye to Mills unless they can keep him cheaply as a back-up.

Miller comes back as the RG and we say good bye to Ducasse.

Groy stays as a backup at multiple positions.

They draft an O-Lineman in round 2 and groom to play as Incognito & Woods are getting older.  If this drafted linemen os good enough, he replaces Miller.  

I like this approach...I agree Miller is back in business with the new scheme.

I'll add the OL drafted in 2 or 3 rds will be Richie's replacement after a year because Richie had a lot of holding calls this year that stalled many promising drives, imo. 

• Sky Diver changed the title to What will happen with the offensive line?