Gronk's Karmic retribution

5 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

Seriously dude you need to lighten up a bit and take a burn in stride, its all in fun (at least for me). . Also if you cannot see the irony of "calling people out" about the quality of your screen name when yours is a pejorative term I cannot really help you.  BTW my screen name is self deprecating. I "live in the past" being a Bills fan because recent times (like a 17 year drought) were too painful and embarrassing. And no its not about  mid to late 90s to 2000s. why in the hell would that be the past I would like to live in?? its directly related to the 88-94 time period. Go watch some Ytube vids on the Bills from those years, they were magic. 

Anyway I  was answering another post, quite honestly I might add. If you were a Bills fan in the late 90s watching Rob Johnson practically fail  to do anything on a multitude of plays on offense and then watching your coach (Wade) fail to pull him and put somebody who could (and did) do something in games like Flutie then you literally had to hope for a game ending injury for Johnson. That was the only way he was going to come out and therefore the only chance for the Bills to win. So wishing for a Johnson injury was not so much glee at seeing him get hurt, it was needing him to get the hell out of there so the Bills had a chance at winning. Wade was way too stubborn and felt the pressure of ownership to not pull the plug on "Robo sack" because of the big contract. So that rationale is somehow  "tired and "feeble"  because it accurately describes a situation for me and a huge bunch of other fans at the time??  That's a laughably  lame criticism.  Wait you aren't Rob Johnson are you? :) 

Since you seemed to have missed the point, I wasn't posting to call out your screen name, I was incorporating your screen name to call out your post for dragging a 17-year-old dead horse into a thread that it had nothing to do with (that would be the Livinginthepast connection, which I see from above is still very much alive and well), as well as your apparent sense of pride in actively hoping for the QB of the team you supposedly root for to get injured.  As for the rest of the ridiculous justification/straw man catastrophe that skidded off the rails above... whatever.  I'm sure it was very dramatic and inspirational in your head.

On 1/21/2018 at 11:42 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

He'll be at Practice Tuesday.

That's because he probably failed every cognitive test prior to any trauma to the head. He has a pea brain in a giant body like a brontosauraus. The bar is set very low. As long as he doesn't come in chewing on a hand full of stones he'll be back on the field in short order. 

I don't think it was Karma. Rob Gronkowski needed a fair suspension for what he did to Tre White. He didn't get it. It was a 2 game act of violence. The League refused to give it to him. I think he is a marked man for as long as it takes the rest of the defensive backs in the NFL to forget about what he did.

Watch the film the guy who hit him set it up perfectly and was quite happy about it afterwards.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

2 hours ago, transient said:

Since you seemed to have missed the point, I wasn't posting to call out your screen name, I was incorporating your screen name to call out your post for dragging a 17-year-old dead horse into a thread that it had nothing to do with (that would be the Livinginthepast connection, which I see from above is still very much alive and well), as well as your apparent sense of pride in actively hoping for the QB of the team you supposedly root for to get injured.  As for the rest of the ridiculous justification/straw man catastrophe that skidded off the rails above... whatever.  I'm sure it was very dramatic and inspirational in your head.

wow that is a really odd post. Apparently the "dead horse" of Rob Johnson still triggers impassioned defenses from Rob nation. Sorry to upset you. peace bro!

I’ve been working in the Boston area the past couple days, seems every newscast starts off with Gronknis still injured, didn’t practice today, etc.  They even go so far as to say if the game was this weekend he would not play.  Seems NE fans are actually worried if he is not in the starting lineup. 

2 hours ago, Just Jack said:

I’ve been working in the Boston area the past couple days, seems every newscast starts off with Gronknis still injured, didn’t practice today, etc.  They even go so far as to say if the game was this weekend he would not play.  Seems NE fans are actually worried if he is not in the starting lineup. 

I live here and every news article is about how "incredible" Tom Brady is for being so good at 40. I wrote one columnist and asked if that didn't raise even a hint of suspicion, considering how other 40 year old wonder athletes ended up in PED headlines. He wrote back with snark.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

On 1/23/2018 at 8:52 AM, transient said:

I was surprised to find that rocks could get concussed.

I found myself wondering if Gronk could pass the concussion protocol BEFORE he was concussed....seriously how could you ever tell??

On 1/23/2018 at 7:16 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

That's because he probably failed every cognitive test prior to any trauma to the head. He has a pea brain in a giant body like a brontosauraus. The bar is set very low. As long as he doesn't come in chewing on a hand full of stones he'll be back on the field in short order. 

hehehe...totally agree.