If it’s my pick here is the Bills next QB

21 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

These are early days as far as the evaluation process is concerned. IMO rankings will change, maybe even a lot, before the dust settles. There is the combine yet to come, interviews, pro days, private workouts, the senior bowl week and game. The draft talk we get from the talking heads is probably way behind where team scouts, GMs, directors of pro/college personnel are at already. Eventually the two streams will converge more, subject to the effect of the usual misinformation and smoke screens.

Look at Cowherd's first draft. Lamar Jackson is not a first rounder according to him. You know that will change by draft day.

I think this is a good class for QBs and I think the Bills are very interested in getting someone they like and they probably like more than one guy. As many have said you could easily see six guys go in the first round and all of the players in question likely deserve to go in the first. 

JMO but the three guys I would consider blowing big draft capital to get are Jackson, Rosen and Mayfield. The other three guys (Darnold, Allen and Rudolph) are worth moving up for but not to the same extent. 

I hear you, but I don't put much faith in QB rankings that change after all the games are played. When you get caught up in pro days and combine, or after season evals, that's how you end up with Jimmy Clausen. If I just start hearing about a guy because of his pro day, combine, or "improved mechanics" or something, no thanks. I want a gamer from a real conference, not some workout hero or a guy who beat up on d3 schools.

3 hours ago, JackKemp said:

I watched a game with a Chiefs fan who said all the same things we say about Tyrod Taylor. I have watched Alex Smith several times. He is a mirror image of Tyrod Taylor. Does do well passing over the middle. Long shots down field are rarely successful. Leaves the pocket at the first sign of danger. Everything is just like Tyrod. Just keep Tyrod in that case.

They have similarities,  but Alex is the better passer.   He's not afraid to pass the ball with anticipation.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

On 1/15/2018 at 4:16 AM, Max Fischer said:

I’ll trust and give McBeane the benefit of the doubt on anything they do but if Bills don’t get Trade up for Rosen (doubtful), Darnold (unlikely) or Allen (perhaps), I’d be happy to stay where they are, select Falk (accurate, scans field, good build) and acquire Smith or one of the MN QBs. 

Maybe the Browns fall in love with Allen, then the Giants grab Rosen. We trade up with Cleveland @ 4 and get Darnold.  Weirder things have happened. Or draft Hurst and Vea in the 1st, then pray Rudolph drops to the 2nd round.

On 1/17/2018 at 11:17 AM, JackKemp said:

If the Bills trade for Alex Smith then they lose credibility with me. Alex Smith is the same QB as Tyrod Taylor. Might as well have continuity and stay with Tyrod instead of wasting draft capital and talent on Alex Smith.

They lose credibility for making a trade to attempt improving one of the most important positions on the team? I disagree. There are other factors to consider, like wha they give up in the trade and what else they do to address the QB position in the off season. Just going out and acquiring a veteran QB whether he is a short term solution or not, should not be a negative.

25 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

2 first rd picks, 2 seconds and no real Qb on the roster I would be upset if Buffalo doesnt leave the Draft with 1 of the top 4 Qbs.

I’m starting to feel if we don’t get one of Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield, I prefer we trade down and get more picks.