I hope this weekend finally kills the "build an offense around Tyrod" nonsense.

We’re not building an offense around Tyrod but....

the superior Qb has lost a lot in the playoffs. IMO:

Taylor >Bortles

Roethlisbrger>Bortles

Ryan>Foles

Smith>Mariota

Brees>Keenum (if the score keeps up)

seems like the quality of the team is more important than the QB?

Hunh????

14/26 for 214 yards and 1 TD is an "entirely different level"?!?!

Is this a friggin joke?

Tyrod is still a better QB than Bortles. Bortles is just on one of the most talented teams in the NFL.

Amazing.

And nothing that I just said should be taken as we should not actively try to upgrade on Tyrod. But what a joke of an argument to throw one game Bortles has that resembles several games Taylor has had as proof that Tyrod can't even live up to the play of Bortles :doh: 

8 minutes ago, unclepete said:

We’re not building an offense around Tyrod but....

the superior Qb has lost a lot in the playoffs. IMO:

Taylor >Bortles

Roethlisbrger>Bortles

Ryan>Foles

Smith>Mariota

Brees>Keenum (if the score keeps up)

seems like the quality of the team is more important than the QB?

Ceetainly the quality of the team matter a lot .  Football is after all a team sport 

1 hour ago, LA Grant said:

Er... what a strange conclusion. Wouldn't you think that because "even" Blake Bortles could take a team to the AFC Championship Game, so could Tyrod?

What I'd love to see end is this notion from fans that Tyrod could "never" accomplish this, that, or the other thing.

This thread and the logic in it, or lack thereof, is just absolutely incredible.

2 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

For months, we've heard...

"You can win with Tyrod!" 

"Scheme an offense around Tyrod!" 

"Tyrod is better than like, 20 other QBs!"

After watching frequent punchline Blake Bortles today duel it out with all-time great Ben Roethlisberger, I really honestly want to see that stuff end. It's not really a local thing anymore, but the national media narrative -- especially the criticism and insinuations, if not outright accusations, of racism regarding the Bills and Western New York concerning Tyrod Taylor's time here have no basis in fact or reality. 

Even Blake Bortles is capable of playing at an entirely different level than Taylor is. 

You forgot "it's the O-line's fault!" or "It's the receivers fault!" or "it's the defense's fault!" 

Refs, coordinators, HC's, whatever...just not Tyrod.

46 minutes ago, Albwan said:

I've resigned myself to the fact that they will probably roll with tt again next season.

they've started the damage control for it, first fire the oc...now the plate is set

that he was the problem, next the will sit and do nothing while all the qbs will

get signed somewhere else, then obviously they will have no shot at the 5-6

good lucking prospects in the draft, they will draft other positions i'm guessing

wr some defense players and go right back to year 4 of the  tt era.

If this happens several posters here are going to be on serious suicide watch 0:)

I can envision one more year with Taylor but think we're going to draft a QB in the first, probably through a trade up.

It doesn’t matter who is better than who.  

Four three point games by Taylor says enough.   

7 of 15 games under 16 points.  

TT won’t be back unless he takes another $10 mil payout and agrees to be one of the backups.   

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

How many 3 pt games the 2 years prior. I guess the OC that just got fired had nothing to do with that.

Look I am fine with moving on from Tyrod. He was nothing more than a bridge to me until we could have someone to replace him. 

Here's hoping we get someone who is an upgrade in here.

8 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

How many 3 pt games the 2 years prior. I guess the OC that just got fired had nothing to do with that.

Look I am fine with moving on from Tyrod. He was nothing more than a bridge to me until we could have someone to replace him. 

Here's hoping we get someone who is an upgrade in here.

So I guess Taylors 3 games of 33.4, 34.6 and 44.2 are all on Rico?

Who called the plays that converted 43% of 3rd downs?  Rico did.  

Who’s choice was it to pass on the one with an RPO?  

Who failed to see open receivers frequently?

Who’s fault is it that Taylor holds the ball too long? 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I get the sentiment of wanting to build around Tyrod when we snuck into the playoffs. Then we lost 3 to 10. Doesn't matter anyway his time was over when he got benched.

Tyrod was only out there because there was no other option. Even with a chance at redemption he choked away a playoff game. I'm not living in past. His time was this year and his moment was in Jax and he failed. 

Edited by Lfod

15 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

7 of 15 games under 16 points.  

TT won’t be back unless he takes another $10 mil payout and agrees to be one of the backups.   

I think some of you just keep saying this so adamantly because you really hope it will happen.

But at this point if I were throwing out %s I'd bet it's something like 60% Taylor is still a Bill next year under his current contract. I don't think McDermott wants another vet QB, yet at the end of the year PC he said he wanted a veteran QB "for a number of reasons," which tells me it's as much about leadership and culture as anything. 

I think firing Dennison so abruptly and quickly hiring Dabol is more of a sign Taylor will be here in 2018 because I think it's an acknowledgment that Dennison was just awful and highly responsible for our offensive woes.

I think Taylor's route out of Buffalo is a packaged deal trading up to get a QB.

We'll see. Shaping up to be an interesting offseason, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, LA Grant said:

Er... what a strange conclusion. Wouldn't you think that because "even" Blake Bortles could take a team to the AFC Championship Game, so could Tyrod?

What I'd love to see end is this notion from fans that Tyrod could "never" accomplish this, that, or the other thing.

if tyrod could have manage one single td against the jags, the whole landscape of the afc playoffs would have probably changed. we held the jags to 10 and then they tromped the steelers. what a wast of an excellent defensive effort.

15 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

This exactly!!!!

I mean the red carpet was rolled out for him. Even after all the disasters this season Tyrod had a golden opportunity to win a playoff game.

When the defense would go fetch the ball back in the start of the year did Taylor ball out and obliterate teams? When the field position was good did Tyrod feast? 

In the playoff game was Tyrod able to lead the Bills to victory when the opponent can only score 10 points?  

As a QB you couldn't ask for more when having to hold up your side of the show. He had a chance to change the narrative about him. He can't ever say he didn't. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1

Actually this weekend might prove the opposite. It looks like the big name QB isn’t winning every game these days. We’ve already seen Ryan and Roethlisberger fall, possibly Beees. However, I also think that TT misses too many reads to lead his team anywhere. Foles, Bortles, and Keenum are nothing to brag about, but all have made plays when necessary. TT leaves dozens of plays on the field every game. TT also has the uncanny ability of melting in big time moments. For example, I just can’t see him winning a game at Heinz Field. We can cackle about Bortles all we want, but he made a few plays in big spots. 

3 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I mean the red carpet was rolled out for him. Even after all the disasters this season Tyrod had a golden opportunity to win a playoff game.

When the defense would go fetch the ball back in the start of the year did Taylor ball out and obliterate teams? When the field position was good did Tyrod feast? 

In the playoff game was Tyrod able to lead the Bills to victory when the opponent can only score 10 points?  

As a QB you couldn't as for more when having to hold up your side of the show. He had a chance to change the narrative about him. He can't ever say he didn't. 

He fails to show up when you need him most. That has been the one constant with TT. We can laugh at all the “bum QB’s” left in the playoffs, but they’ve done enough to win in big moments. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

For months, we've heard...

"You can win with Tyrod!" 

"Scheme an offense around Tyrod!" 

"Tyrod is better than like, 20 other QBs!"

After watching frequent punchline Blake Bortles today duel it out with all-time great Ben Roethlisberger, I really honestly want to see that stuff end. It's not really a local thing anymore, but the national media narrative -- especially the criticism and insinuations, if not outright accusations, of racism regarding the Bills and Western New York concerning Tyrod Taylor's time here have no basis in fact or reality. 

Even Blake Bortles is capable of playing at an entirely different level than Taylor is. 

100% spot on.

You got clueless John Clayton coming on WGR every Thursday talking like Taylor is Joe Montana even though he hasn’t watched a game of his in 3 years...just looks at his inflated bs numbers. Then, the hack Mike Schoop pulls the race card saying that has a lot to do with it.

Fact: Taylor hit the open market last year and nobody else bought his BS asking price. 

Our passing game is horrendous, teams constantly stack the box because they aren’t scared of TT, and he refuses to throw to receivers.

The real McBean will show me a lot this offseason and it starts with getting rid of #5 ASAP.

Edited by McBean
  • Like (+1) 1