I hope this weekend finally kills the "build an offense around Tyrod" nonsense.

For months, we've heard...

"You can win with Tyrod!" 

"Scheme an offense around Tyrod!" 

"Tyrod is better than like, 20 other QBs!"

After watching frequent punchline Blake Bortles today duel it out with all-time great Ben Roethlisberger, I really honestly want to see that stuff end. It's not really a local thing anymore, but the national media narrative -- especially the criticism and insinuations, if not outright accusations, of racism regarding the Bills and Western New York concerning Tyrod Taylor's time here have no basis in fact or reality. 

Even Blake Bortles is capable of playing at an entirely different level than Taylor is. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

For months, we've heard...

"You can win with Tyrod!" 

"Scheme an offense around Tyrod!" 

"Tyrod is better than like, 20 other QBs!"

After watching frequent punchline Blake Bortles today duel it out with all-time great Ben Roethlisberger, I really honestly want to see that stuff end. It's not really a local thing anymore, but the national media narrative -- especially the criticism and insinuations, if not outright accusations, of racism regarding the Bills and Western New York concerning Tyrod Taylor's time here have no basis in fact or reality. 

Even Blake Bortles is capable of playing at an entirely different level than Taylor is. 

Er... what a strange conclusion. Wouldn't you think that because "even" Blake Bortles could take a team to the AFC Championship Game, so could Tyrod?

What I'd love to see end is this notion from fans that Tyrod could "never" accomplish this, that, or the other thing.

• Like (+1) 2

Bortles didnt duel it out with anyone...the Jags did their best to hide him and gave him a few play action shots.

Do you even know what you are watching when you watch football? I swear 75% of the posters have no idea what they are wtaching or any concepts in play with some of these threads...SMFH.

You have a lot to learn about football if you thought Bortles was dueling it out with Roethlesberger.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

Er... what a strange conclusion. Wouldn't you think that because "even" Blake Bortles could take a team to the AFC Championship Game, so could Tyrod?

What I'd love to see end is this notion from fans that Tyrod could "never" accomplish this, that, or the other thing.

Tyrod had 70 yards passing through 3 qtrs last time he saw the Steelers D. 

He can’t win a playoff game, he’s never done it.  

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

Tyrod had 70 yards passing through 3 qtrs last time he saw the Steelers D. 

He can’t win a playoff game, he’s never done it.  

Earlier in the season, it was "Tyrod can't get us to the playoffs, he's never done it."

It's a moot point because they're almost certainly going to move on from Tyrod. But fans with such stubborn certainty about things they can't be certain about is annoying.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, reddogblitz said:

Yeah because Big Ben threw for 469 and Blake Bottles for 214. Its all about the passing yards.

If we were the Jags, there'd be countless threads like "Blake Bortles still can't throw for 300 yards! We're never going to win with him!"

• Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Yeah because Big Ben threw for 469 and Blake Bottles for 214. Its all about the passing yards.

There was an interesting stat about Big Ben and his playoff record during pre game show.    They showed that anytime that Big Ben throws for over 275 yards in playoffs ,  the Steelers lose.   That still holds true after today,  Pittsburgh is 0-7 in playoffs when Big Ben is racking up the yards .

Edited by prissythecat
  • Like (+1) 1

I've resigned myself to the fact that they will probably roll with tt again next season.

they've started the damage control for it, first fire the oc...now the plate is set

that he was the problem, next the will sit and do nothing while all the qbs will

get signed somewhere else, then obviously they will have no shot at the 5-6

good lucking prospects in the draft, they will draft other positions i'm guessing

wr some defense players and go right back to year 4 of the  tt era.

1 minute ago, prissythecat said:

There was an interesting stat about Big Ben and his playoff record during pre game show.    They showed that anytime that Big Ben throws for over 275 yards in playoffs ,  the Steelers lose.   That still holds true after today,  Pittsburgh is 0-7 in playoffs when Big Ben is racking up the yards .

Which, I mean, makes perfect sense. You'd naturally throw for more yards when playing from behind. 

One big takeaway from that, also, is how unlikely it is to make the comeback when you're down. I remember earlier in this season, when the conversation was about "Tyrod has never led a 4th quarter comeback" that Sal on WGR brought out stats that show that ANY QB making a comeback is rarer than you'd think, even among the greats.

6 minutes ago, Albwan said:

I've resigned myself to the fact that they will probably roll with tt again next season.

they've started the damage control for it, first fire the oc...now the plate is set

that he was the problem, next the will sit and do nothing while all the qbs will

get signed somewhere else, then obviously they will have no shot at the 5-6

good lucking prospects in the draft, they will draft other positions i'm guessing

wr some defense players and go right back to year 4 of the  tt era.

What does how someone looks have to do with them being able to play QB in the NFL?

41 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Bortles didnt duel it out with anyone...the Jags did their best to hide him and gave him a few play action shots.

Do you even know what you are watching when you watch football? I swear 75% of the posters have no idea what they are wtaching or any concepts in play with some of these threads...SMFH.

You have a lot to learn about football if you thought Bortles was dueling it out with Roethlesberger.

Exactly don't know what games people are watching but if it fits their anti Tyrod crusade then logic doesn't matter. 

Jags got to a lead with fournette and the running game. Jags D played well early on and they were able to build a nice lead.

Bortles had a solid game nothing amazing the same type of game Taylor would get crucified here for since he didnt throw for 300 and the team won despite him.

Edited by billieve420