Bill's

Bigstu

New User, really like where the Bill's are compared to this time last year. If we have another draft like last year and handle free agents right, we will not only be in the playoffs but ready to do something once we are there

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Norwood for Wall of Fame said:

The custom here is to drop the apostrophe when writing "Bills"

It's not just custom. It's proper punctuation. "Bills" is the team name. "Bill"s" indicates something that belongs to Bill. If you were talking about something that belongs to the Buffalo Bills, it would be written as Bills'

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's not just custom. It's proper punctuation. "Bills" is the team name. "Bill"s" indicates something that belongs to Bill. If you were talking about something that belongs to the Buffalo Bills, it would be written as Bills'

Maybe he's talking about something that Zay Jones might have dropped.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You are punctilious. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Wow tough crowd but point taken it is the Bills. I do believe that next year with a new QB and his surgery Jones will be much improved as well all the other receivers. Great Quarterbacks make receivers great. Just look at how Brady turns average receivers into stars.

1 hour ago, Bigstu said:

Wow tough crowd but point taken it is the Bills. I do believe that next year with a new QB and his surgery Jones will be much improved as well all the other receivers. Great Quarterbacks make receivers great. Just look at how Brady turns average receivers into stars.

Maybe a tough crowd, but it has more to do with the thread than the grammatical error. Folks around here are easily intoxicated by anger at what are considered useless or redundant threads.

I've gotten used to it.

If you care to avoid all the brouhaha, don't start threads unless you have breaking news not already posted or a truly novel thread. I'm not trashing you or the board, but that's how it is around here. Or claim to be/have a source, then you could get a thread with 5000 responses (not excluding myself, I posted in that thread too)

Also, you can edit thread titles...

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Buffalo's Bills

hows that?

1 hour ago, Bigstu said:

This is a great board, welcome. Read the terms of service just to make sure you know what is allowed and what is not. For starters, your post titles need to be more descriptive. 'Bills' says nothing about what your post is about. 

Yes, there are some tough guys on this board but they keep the board senile, something you will value if you stick around long enough. 

This is the best Bills discussion board, bar none. (Dont forget to bow to the founder and chief, SDS)

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That is correct if you are referring the Bills belonging to the city.

of course i am correct.

2 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Thanks for reminding me to pay my electric bill this week.

oh shoot !