GDT: Falcons at Eagles Battle of the Birds

Fadingpain

14 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You are counting games where he was a backup and didn't even get carries? Wow, really reaching there.

He was one of the best rbs in the second half of the year. 

ah, YPC measure...carries.... independent of starts or games.  +1 yd, more explosive does not look for Drake vs Ajayi

I was just going off the bottom line stat sheet-if you feel it doesn't tell the story, nothing stops ya from doling your own gouge

ok I drilled.... 64.1 yards in the 10 games he started, much more explosive than 58.

Look, Ajayi had 98 yds of the Eagles offense today, it's hard to argue it wasn't a great trade for the Iggles.  If the Dolphins regret it or not, I really don't care

This just reminds me of why the Falcons lost the SB . Bad coaching, bad play calling, dumb play calling. That last series of downs 1st and goal was abysmal. Did they even disguise the last play was a pass?? and then the play gets blown up within the first 2 seconds and it resembles a touch football game after a few beers and your QB has run out of steamboats.  I just cannot believe that was the play call. Your season is on the line and you call that low % pass?? Should have called something like the 2nd Georgia TD run  play from the national championship game and kept the defense guessing but noooooo.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I feel that despite the clusterf, Julio still had a legitimate chance to make the catch.  He jumped early - and the ball went right through his hands

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Sark did not impress tonight as the Falcons' OC. 

Nope.   

ATL should have passed more in the first half rather than trying to run against the #2 run defense.   Only way the Eagles win is in a low scoring, grind it out game like the Falcons handed them...

1 minute ago, Helpmenow said:

Jeff’s wife is only there for the cash. The old wife got the boot and half of his cash

Isn't that mainly every rich old guy's wife, including the Cheeto in the White House?  Women overlook physical appearance for cash money. 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Sark did not impress tonight as the Falcons' OC. 

He was probably drunk. 

The Falcons wasted a ton of offensive talent. 

I think that the result of this game is interesting.  The Falcons and their high-powered offense couldn’t beat a good defense.  I am sure that we would all take Matt Ryan, but I think this game reminds us that there are only a small number of true game-changing QBs like Brady, Rodgers and Brees.  Everyone else is playing with the prayer that those super QBs are injured or have horrible, terrible, rotten days.

I don’t think that any QB in this draft is that level good.  So, if in round 1 you think you are drafting a competent game manager with no chance to be great, maybe spend that pick to build a great defense instead.

i am NOT necessarily advocating that at this time, just something to consider