The NYJ Might Not Retain OC John Morton - Fired on 1/17/18

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

One rumor I saw had him going with Gruden to Oakland.

Maybe that'll be the case, but they already have an OC in Greg Olson and Gruden will be calling plays.  If I were him, I'd be looking for a higher profile position if the Jets decide to let him go. 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Maybe that'll be the case, but they already have an OC in Greg Olson and Gruden will be calling plays.  If I were him, I'd be looking for a higher profile position if the Jets decide to let him go. 

I missed the Olson hiring, so scratch that. I had heard the Morton rumor days ago.

9 minutes ago, jr1 said:

they were 24th in points

Their average through the 12 games McCown started and finished would have had them around 14th.  Scoring 0, 19, 7 and 6 with Bryce Petty killed their overall rank.  Morton did a pretty good job with almost no talent.... though Robby Anderson is a stud.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Their average through the 12 games McCown started and finished would have had them around 14th.  Scoring 0, 19, 7 and 6 with Bryce Petty killed their overall rank.  Morton did a pretty good job with almost no talent.... though Robby Anderson is a stud.  

That's is all true.  I still don't know if I would want him with the Bills.  But, I do think he is better than Dennison.

So, if Dennison is let go (I prefer that) I would think and hope we get a better OC than Morton.  I want a strong, innovative play caller with QB whispering skills.