Possible Darkhorse FA QB's

2 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

If we want Bridgewater why not just keep Hotrod. They're basically the same guy. B-)

They don’t play similarly except that they are conservative. For me it comes down to I can have Teddy for maybe like $8M vs. $18M for TT. 

Unless I am signing Cousins I don’t want to eat a ton of cap space on a placeholder. I’d rather a cheaper placeholder and an early draft pick. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Rank these 3 QBs from the worst ever to the 2 worse than him:

- Lynch

- Hackenberg

- Brock

For QBs it's like:

5:Kirk Cousins

-99999:       Brock (ugh...another dumb name)

-99999.1:    Hackenberg

-101819383763647487:    Pax-ton

-63453345423423423423432423423423: Hitler

• Haha (+1) 1

I will say that Tyler Bray is one of those guys who never got a shot but has a lot of talent. He isn't your typical third string QB and Reid has kind of been hoarding him for awhile. I actually really liked him in the EJ Manuel draft. He's had injuries and things, but he was one of the most talented players in that draft. He want undrafted because he was a jerk. But he's been in the league for awhile so one would assume he's matured.  Now I feel that if you are bringing him in to be the starter I would say no way! But he would be interesting depth. Who knows he could be the next Rich Gannon or Kurt Warner. He's still just 26 years old and the definition of "let's let this guy develop for awhile."

I think you you still need to make a play forna guy like Alex Smith or something along those lines. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They don’t play similarly except that they are conservative. For me it comes down to I can have Teddy for maybe like $8M vs. $18M for TT. 

Unless I am signing Cousins I don’t want to eat a ton of cap space on a placeholder. I’d rather a cheaper placeholder and an early draft pick. 

Cousins! Cousins!

My dark horse pick is Cam Newton.  

There's no guarantee new ownership, GM, etc. are going to tolerate another year of "Cam"anigans especially with so many choices available this year in the QB market.  

Joe Flacco would be my runner-up.  I don't think Baltimore is long for that guy either.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Tyler Bray?  I have no idea why they threw his name in.  This is the same Chiefs team that was a contender and had holes to fill but instead traded this years first round pick and last years first round pick to draft a raw QB prospect who needs his mechanics rebuilt to succeed in the NFL.  

If they felt Bray showed any promise after being in their system already I seriously doubt they spend 2 first rounders and change on Mahomes when they were already a contending team and could have used both first round picks to make the team stronger in other areas.  

In regards to the rest of the list...No way they bring back Fitz, he is done and fans here have seen enough of him.  I doubt any old vet like Fitz or McCown will be brought in even as a seat warmer to a rookie.  I think ideally, they want to bring in a Vet who can possibly keep any rookie we draft on the bench the whole year to develop and still keep the potential to contend.  I think one of the Vikings guys or Smith are probably the most probable targets, but they better not spend a lot to get Smith.  Wouldn't trade more than say a 5th than can become a 4th or something like that...at most.  Too many other options to over spend on a guy who isn't a substantial upgrade over the other options.  

I wasn't a fan of this before, but I have come around to going hard after Cousins if he is truly available.  Assuming we still win the same 9 games this year with Cousins (which is a reasonable assumption) we can easily win the Panther game, Cincy game, and Charger game had we had Cousins all year.  Thats a 12 win season this year, and with a weak receiving core most of it too.  You can also make cases for either Pats game and Jets game too that they were winnable had Cousins been the starter for us.  

So, give Cousins the money, go use FA and our draft riches build up OL, DL, LB, RB, DB, and WR (in no particular order) and see what this team can do next year.  

I think we can contend with McCown.  

McCown - Rookie - Peterman is cool with me.

So is Cousins - Peterman.

So is Luck - Peterman.

According to the article cited at the beginning of this post

Tyrod is scheduled to receive an $6mil signing bonus if he's still on the roster in March.

I guess that's in addition to his regular wages (?)

If that's the case, that he gets his salary, plus an $6mil bonus..........

Hmmmmmmm..............

I'd have to put Tyrod in the same category as

Bradford, McCown, and Fitz, with Alex Smith being a slight upgrade, and Cousins the real deal,

except he probably can choose where he goes and that's likely not here. (Denver).

Teddy is a guy that's a complete roll of the dice at this point, not something we need.

They make a movie about him someday, to inspire people with his intestinal fortitude and grit,

but I don't want to sit there watching every game wondering when his leg is going to snap again.

Same goes for athletes who've snapped their collarbones more than once.

Edited by B Fan in LA

10 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

I think we can contend with McCown.  

McCown - Rookie - Peterman is cool with me.

So is Cousins - Peterman.

So is Luck - Peterman.

How about McCown, rookie and a bag of hammers.    At least the 3rd tool would be useful. 

1 hour ago, Strethor said:

We bless and give his knees Bills Mafia energy

*might not be the best idea his knee might snap like a folding table

...LOL....did you happen to see the news clip of the guy in his hotel room with a newborn wrapped in a Bills blanket?....he had a paper table set up on the floor and lowered the baby into it so the table tore in half....I freaking wet myself...it was hilarious.........

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

If Dennison stays, then we might as well keep Tyrod as the 'dark horse'.....while the rookie learns.  If Dennison goes, then you're going to have to see who's out there...and it probably makes very little difference for 2018.

I feel just the opposite. 

If Dennison stays, then they should move on from Tyrod. He just doesn't fit his offense. 

There seemed to be receivers running open quite often that Tyrod didn't see. You can't blame that on Dennison. 

But if they bring in another OC who will utilize Tyrod more like Roman/Lynn did and go back to the power run game, then it makes more sense to keep TT (assuming they can't find any potential upgrade). 

I actually think Dennison's offense could be much better with a guy like Alex Smith running it though. 

1 minute ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Whoever we bring in to compete for the backup QB job behind NP probably isn't going to be a big name, at least that is what I've heard from a contact of mind close to the situation.

Peterman won't be here.    He is going to get cut because he sucks.

When Dennison goes, he goes.   Door in ass on way out.

52 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I wouldn’t spend six Happy Meals on Lynch. He’s awful, and even worse his first name is Paxton. Nobody over the age of 4 should be named Paxton.

Fair points. He’s a very bad QB. But I wouldn’t care if they traded next years 6th....Even when he gets cut.

Just now, SaviorPeterman said:

There's probably a 0.0001% chance Peterman isn't on the roster next year, even if we do draft another QB very early.

Keep telling yourself that.

Dennison's dolly is going to get the ax.    He'll be in the unemployment line by the end of preseason next year.

Trade him now while you can still get a bag of hammers for him.     Hammers because they are useful tools not useless tools like Peterman.

56 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I’ll take this two ways:

You really value those 6th round picks or you think Paxton Lynch is worth more.

P.S. He’s terrible.

I would rather bring back Fitz then pick up Lynch. At least Fitz could help mentor the kid and is very smart. Not that I want Fitz back I would just rather him over Lynch.

12 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

Keep telling yourself that.

Dennison's dolly is going to get the ax.    He'll be in the unemployment line by the end of preseason next year.

Trade him now while you can still get a bag of hammers for him.     Hammers because they are useful tools not useless tools like Peterman.

Not sure where this idea has come from that NP is Dennison guy, and if that's the case what does it say about McD then for benching TT for Dennison's guy?

Shows he truly is in over his head after all if he's willing to let other coaches or players influence his decisions.

Bottom line NP is one of the top young prospects on this team and going nowhere unless a team offers a 1st round pick for him.