44 games with Tyrod at QB - % breakdown

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

in all fairness Transplant did have his betting threads where after a win people agreed to not criticize him.   ;)

I will stats again that those who pump TT up unnecessarily often get the feedback.  The same for the flip side. The Savior Peterman's also bring ridicule for their trash.  

its very simple for me. its a qb that won more games than he lost with limited weapons and a defense that was as inconsistent as the offense, if not more so, during his tenure here and he was the qb to take the team to the playoffs after 17 years. he's flawed and limited and we need to move on. tyrod was part of getting the franchise moving in the right direction and now they need to take bigger steps to keep rolling. but the garbage I've seen on this board about him is absurd. he just hasn't been nearly as bad as people make him out to be. no way. 

i'm excited to see what the plan is going forward. I hope we don't just cut ties with him with no real bridge in place and draft a rookie and toss him to the dogs. I pray they have a veteran in mind that will feel at home with dennisons system.... I wont hold my breath on a rookie coming in and winning.. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

7 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I dunno. I do know this is what the sludge sounds like that I spoke of.

Apologies on behalf of the people with eyes who knew Taylor was trash before the season started.      

Punish those who can see the obvious ?

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

you are aware that @DaBillsFanSince1973 was a huge Taylor fan up until mid October

well ive never been a huge fan of taylors. but that doesn't mean I gotta be cool with some of the nonsense about the guy that gets tossed around here.

i'm not saying he specifically is doing. I just mean in general.

44 minutes ago, fridge said:

That's fine. You can blame Dennison all you want, but the only constant over three seasons and three OC's is that our passing offense has ranked literally at the bottom.  I tend to think there's a much larger correlation you're missing here...

It’s both. TT sucks and so does Dennison. I just personally think Dennison is slightly more to blame

8 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

well ive never been a huge fan of taylors. but that doesn't mean I gotta be cool with some of the nonsense about the guy that gets tossed around here.

i'm not saying he specifically is doing. I just mean in general.

we would argue a lot about Taylor, then during the 3 game uglyfest the switch got flipped.  I started to believe in Taylor then bam the door hit me in the face. Now we are both ready to move on and we feel we don't need to make excuses of the poor play at QB. 

IIRC I heard that there are at least 2 QB's still in the playoffs w/o stellar receivers.  Bortles and Mariotta 

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

we would argue a lot about Taylor, then during the 3 game uglyfest the switch got flipped.  I started to believe in Taylor then bam the door hit me in the face. Now we are both ready to move on and we feel we don't need to make excuses of the poor play at QB. 

IIRC I heard that there are at least 2 QB's still in the playoffs w/o stellar receivers.  Bortles and Mariotta 

lol.... we could talk about how many qb's could make the playoffs if they had the jags run game and defense. but that's for another day and I think you know the answer to it. you're just arguing for the sake of it there. which is fine. but we both know why the jags were in the playoffs and why they won sunday..... and mariota had a downright bad season. so whatever.

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Bortles was arguably worse than TT on Sunday lol.

Their defence pretty much single handily won that game for them 

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

lol.... we could talk about how many qb's could make the playoffs if they had the jags run game and defense. but that's for another day and I think you know the answer to it. you're just arguing for the sake of it there. which is fine. but we both know why the jags were in the playoffs and why they won sunday..... and mariota had a downright bad season. so whatever.

someone joked on air somewhere  -  Mariotta - why did you win and let the HC keep his job!!!   

I wouldn't be surprised if they replaced Mularkey once they lose.  

4 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Bortles was arguably worse than TT on Sunday lol.

Their defence pretty much single handily won that game for them 

Yes, I know.  That's why its so freaking sad and disappointing. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

It was Dennison's play-calling.

It was Roman's system.

He didn't have any receivers.

His o-line didn't block for him.

He was playing hurt.

He's held to a higher standard because he's black.

Did I miss any?

Rushing yards count as passing yards, come on man that's a big one!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

44 total games as the Bills QB:

INTs

Games with 3 INT: 1 - 2.2%

Games with 2 INT: 0 - 0.0%

Games with 1 INT: 13 - 29.5%

Games with 0 INT: 30 - 68.1%

Passing Yards

43 games under 300 - 97.7%

38 games under 280 - 86.3%

30 games under 230 - 68.1%

23 games under 200 - 52.2%

16 games under 180 - 36.3%

7 games under 130 - 15.9%

Passing TDs

Games with 3 passing TDs: 6 - 13.6%

Games with 2 passing TDs: 7 - 15.9%

Games with 1 passing TD: 19 - 43.1%

Games with 0 passing TD: 12 - 27.2%

31 games with 1 or 0 passing TDs - 70.4%

38 games with 2 or fewer passing TDs - 86.3%

You forgot the part about the wins.

* Hotrod 23-21 .523

Everyone else 1-4 .200

* includes playoffs

14 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

You forgot the part about the wins.

* Hotrod 23-21 .523

Everyone else 1-4 .200

* includes playoffs

Was it HotRod or was it everything else that got us to the playoffs?

5 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Was it HotRod or was it everything else that got us to the playoffs?

Can’t just dismiss that stat with vs. Without him though.

That just shows he’s not as bad as a lot of people believe he is.

Hes not good enough, I understand that.

But he is not “backup QB bad” like a lot of people say, and is probably still better than 10 starting QBs right now 

7 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

But he is not “backup QB bad” like a lot of people say, and is probably still better than 10 starting QBs right now 

Peterman/Webb, not as "backup QB bad" ? They also played a part in this playoff season.

Better then 10 starting QBs? At what holding the ball?  Haha

Edited by xRUSHx

3 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Yes he absolutely is. There really is no questioning this anymore. 

Take the blinders off dude, geez.

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

It was Dennison's play-calling.

It was Roman's system.

He didn't have any receivers.

His o-line didn't block for him.

He was playing hurt.

He's held to a higher standard because he's black.

Did I miss any?

He’s an average QB.

It was the Defenses fault.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

Yes he absolutely is. There really is no questioning this anymore. 

Take the blinders off dude, geez.

He isn't good, nor even average, I'm not saying that,.

He is a mediocre QB in which the Bills need to improve on, but he is still better than some starting QBS in this league.

Unless you think some QBS like Bortlers, Cutler,Trubisky, Kizer, Siemian are better than him.

I think you should be the one to take off the blinders if you think those QBS are better than Tyrod right now

Many of you armchair analysts are hilarious. To say Tyrod is "trash" or label people fanboys who wanted our teams QB to succeed is idiotic. You don't have an above .500 W-L record and TD-Int ratio as good as his by being "trash".  Tyrod is very limited in what he can do, I agree. We need to move on and if we ever want to take the next step we need to upgrade our passing game. That said, Tyrod by any measure has been the most successful QB we have had in 20 years. By all accounts been a great teammate, hardworking and has never been publicly outspoken even when he was benched. We should have some appreciation for the successes that he has brought to the Bills organization.

• Like (+1) 2