4th and 1 @ the 2

I think Sean realized his offense is garbage all year and there's not much he can do until he replaces TT.  After today you can see how much we're starving for a dynamic franchise QB. The search begins today. And under no circumstances do I want Dennison to return either. 

1 minute ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

no they should go for the 7 when they are at the goal line because the other team won't be able to move the ball from there. Also when you have the ball for almost 9 minutes and walk away kicking a 3 at the goal line that's a huge blown opportunity.

Basically at the goaline, they were st the 3 yard line. That’s not basically at the goal line.

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

What?

How do you know where the Bills would have gotten the ball back?  You’re assuming an awful lot.

He’s a solution that doesnt involve assuming you’ll get the ball back at the 50. You take the 3 points. This isn’t the Pats where you need to keep TB off the field. 

How am I assuming a lot when the Jags haven't moved the ball all day and had basically punted on 6 straight possesions with getting maybe 1 first down to show for it. Not a huge stretch by any means.

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

Basically at the goaline, they were st the 3 yard line. That’s not basically at the goal line.

4th and 1 at the 2 even if it was at the 3 you really want to split hairs there. really that's your defense?

38 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

And the bills decide to kick the fg. It ended up working out when Jacksonville jumped offsides but this is the story of McDermott for the year. Play not to lose. If you trust your d which you should have this game you go for it and if you do t get it hold the jags to a 3 and out backed up in their own end then the 3 would still be there before the end of the half. This guy has 0 balls and has a loser mentality in my opinion. Meanwhile the jags go for it on fourth and short and get a td. Thanks McDermott. 

Would you go for it with tyrod under center.

Just now, Rocbillsfan1 said:

How am I assuming a lot when the Jags haven't moved the ball all day and had basically punted on 6 straight possesions with getting maybe 1 first down to show for it. Not a huge stretch by any means.

Is that the same Jags team that did move the ball and score a FG and a TD? But you must obviously have known that in this hypothetical situation they weren’t going to.

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Is that the same Jags team that did move the ball and score a FG and a TD? But you must obviously have known that in this hypothetical situation they weren’t going to.

did they score their TD when they backed up on their 1 or 2 yardline? You do know coaches change their play calling based on field position right?

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Would you go for it with tyrod under center.

they didn't even give mccoy a shot your MVP. how about giving your god dam MVP the ball and expect to get a yard and if not it's still not the end of the world

41 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

And the bills decide to kick the fg. It ended up working out when Jacksonville jumped offsides but this is the story of McDermott for the year. Play not to lose. If you trust your d which you should have this game you go for it and if you do t get it hold the jags to a 3 and out backed up in their own end then the 3 would still be there before the end of the half. This guy has 0 balls and has a loser mentality in my opinion. Meanwhile the jags go for it on fourth and short and get a td. Thanks McDermott. 

McDermott has been playing not to lose rather than to win all season. 

35 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

He also got them too jump offsides on the FG.

The bigger issue is why not run the ball there on 1st down

Absolutely.

The Bills are a run oriented offense, and they abandon that when they are 2 yards away from the end zone?!

This is why we lost today.

32 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

you guys are hilarious it wasn't the right call. the 3 points is already in your back pocket by holding the jags who hadn't moved the ball the whole first half. What are they going to do on the 1 or 2 yard line? I guess you also liked when Mcdermott punted the ball on 4th and 1 in the Indy game too. Dude plays the game like a loser. The odds were so much more in their favor to go for it and get the 3 later if that failed.

Your Madden game must be strong.

One of you is the head coach of an NFL football team. One of you is calling him names online. Wanna guess who the loser really is? ?

6 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

4th and 1 at the 2 even if it was at the 3 you really want to split hairs there. really that's your defense?

It is not splitting hairs. It is a huge difference.

Any coach kicks a FG there in a scoreless game.  Stop arguing otherwise. Points were at a premium and you take the 3. Someone please end this thread. It's ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, Lionel Hutz said:

I’m more surprised the Jags went for it on 4th and goal in the 3rd quarter. 

I'm not it's because Marrone realized that he didn't have faith in the Bills moving the ball from the 1 yard line. and the whole game was based on field position. If you don't get it it's not that terrible. It's not like a high potent offense is suddenly going to start throwing the ball out of their own endzone and drive down the field. 

1 minute ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

It is not splitting hairs. It is a huge difference.

Any coach kicks a FG there in a scoreless game.  Stop arguing otherwise. Points were at a premium and you take the 3. Someone please end this thread. It's ridiculous. 

Wow you guys are really hurt about this. It's not ridiculous at all actually the other coach decided to do the opposite and they ended up winning the game.

did they score their TD when they backed up on their 1 or 2 yardline? You do know coaches change their play calling based on field position right?

they didn't even give mccoy a shot your MVP. how about giving your god dam MVP the ball and expect to get a yard and if not it's still not the end of the world

You can’t seem to get the yardage right. The Bills were on the 3 yard line, not near the goaline or the 1 or 2. The 3 yard line. If they went for it on 4th, it’s possibly they also lose yardage. You know that did happen in the game right? And the Jags drove 86 yards on their TD drive... so if the Bills lost yardage on their attempted 4th down or threw a pick, it’s possible the Jags could have drove and scored points.

Hindsight is a lovely thing and you sir are assuming all the best possible outcomes.

Everyone should remember this is the same coach that punted  on fourth and 1 in the colts game with a couple of minutes down 7 because why? He trusted his d to get a 3 and out and get the ball back. Why would he not trust his d to hold the jags on the goaline when they had proven to stop them the entire first half? I know this is such a ridiculous idea.

Edited by Rocbillsfan1

52 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

It was the right call.

Everyone should remember this is the same coach that punted  on fourth and 1 in the colts game with a couple of minutes down 7 because why? He trusted his d to get a 3 and out and get the ball back. Why would he not trust his d to hold the jags on the goaline when they had proven to stop them the entire first half? I know this is such a ridiculous idea.

That was also the right call.

Just now, Rocbillsfan1 said:

looks like you're a huge Mcdermott fan. goodluck with that. Dude coaches the exact same way Dick Jauron did. I guess you loved him too.

Jauron had 0 winning records in 3.5 seasons. McDermott has 1 winning record and a playoff appearance in one single season. Advantage: McDermott.

I don't agree with everything he does but I think the good outweighs the bad.

Now he needs a better OC and a real quarterback.

• Thank you (+1) 1