Thompson running free.. thanks Romo!!!

Process

Just now, BigDingus said:

And 3-22 when we go down by even a single point in the 4th quarter. Same amount of wins there as JaMarcus Russell. 

He's virtually incapable of coming back from even the tiniest deficit. We have to hope we're nursing a lead going into the 4th if we have any shot of winning.

If the defense isn't playing fantastic, we have no chance of winning with Tyrod as the QB.

19 points in the 2nd half in our last 7 games....19.

That's 3 points per game after half time.  

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 4:23 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

Tyrod 1st down number 1-min.jpg

The Bills receiver raced by the corner wide open by 5 yards 

Romo called it a sure touchdown 

Keemun will follow the OC if he gets a HC position in Detroit per the talking heads. 

What?? Keenum is not going to be signed to a 17 or 18 mill per yr contract by Detroit to b/u Stafford.

Are these talking heads in concussion protocol???

9 minutes ago, cba fan said:

What?? Keenum is not going to be signed to a 17 or 18 mill per yr contract by Detroit to b/u Stafford.

Are these talking heads in concussion protocol???

I corrected my blunder earlier.   The team I was trying to recall was Arizona who is in need of a HC and QB. 

Speaking of Thompson and his 14.6 (or 15.9 depending on which page of the ESPN site you visit) ypc average 

Quick Question.   

Who is the Bills leading Receiver?  (not TE or RB)

Who is the Bills second leading Receiver?  (not TE or RB)

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/8/2018 at 1:21 PM, KW95 said:

One of my good friends said this to me yesterday as well.

I guess I just wish there would be quiet before the play. 

Then mute the TV, I'd rather have some insight to what the QBs are thinking or should be thinking.  Especially since a lot of what Romo was stating was very accurate and revealed a lot of weaknesses about our QBs that may not have been as clear for some people.  

He made it very clear how poor Tyrod's vision is presnap and during the play through his commentating.  I found his insight refreshing.  I guess I'd rather know more about what's happening than just looking at the outcome after the play is over and saying if it's good or bad.  I like the in-depth look.

Edited by Buffalo30
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/7/2018 at 5:12 PM, Fadingpain said:

My lasting memory of Tyrod will be him dropped back in the pocket, looking downfield, the pass protection clock ticking...and just nothing happening.

Tyrod has real trouble "seeing" a picture downfield that triggers his brain to tell him it's time to throw the ball.

He just can't do it regularly enough.

Youre referring to what is known as a "OODA Loop".  A friend of mine who was once a fighter pilot explained this to me.  Stands for "Observe, Orient, Decide, Act".

Here is a decent explanation:

https://www.tacticalresponse.com/blogs/library/18649427-boyd-s-o-o-d-a-loop-and-how-we-use-it

TT seems like a good guy. And I love the way he can drift out of the pocket, and effortlessly gain 12 yds at times.   But I dont think he's a quick thinker.  Thats not saying he's unintelligent, but rather not quick at processing and acting on information.  According to my friend, during training, guys OODA loops coudl improve.  But they all had an inherent ceiling.  I think TT has hit his, so I'm looking for a change.

2 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

Youre referring to what is known as a "OODA Loop".  A friend of mine who was once a fighter pilot explained this to me.  Stands for "Observe, Orient, Decide, Act".

https://www.tacticalresponse.com/blogs/library/18649427-boyd-s-o-o-d-a-loop-and-how-we-use-it

TT seems like a good guy. And I love the way he can drift out of the pocket, and effortlessly gain 12 yds at times.   But I dont think he's a quick thinker.  Thats not saying he's unintelligent, but rather not quick at processing and acting on information.  According to my friend, during training, guys OODA loops coudl improve.  But they all had an inherent ceiling.  I think TT has hit his, so I'm looking for a change.

This assessment would seem to make sense as Tyrod is also terrible in the two minute drill- always looking like he would rather take his time, and never seeming to have a sense of urgency...I have thought for a while now that he is a slow thinker.

On 1/7/2018 at 5:36 PM, Marv's Neighbor said:

You may be right BUT the broadcast crew was terrible.

I thought Romo was and is great on the broadcast!

On 1/8/2018 at 4:23 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

19 points in the 2nd half in our last 7 games....19.

That's 3 points per game after half time.  

The struggle is real

On 1/7/2018 at 7:01 PM, KW95 said:

Let me explain to you:

The players are lined up and the play clock is ticking.  Instead of being quiet so I can analyze the offence and Defence, idiot Romo keeps telling the viewers where the play should go.  Then he harps like a little twat if the play didn't go where he thinks it should.

How about the following:  Shut your pie hole Romo and once the play is over, tell us why it worked or why it could have went somewhere else.

If you don't believe me just go back and watch the game again.  Romo keeps telling us where Taylor should go...BLAH BLAH BLAH

OK?

He is good, but he can be very annoying.  Has good insight most of the time, but gets annoying harping on the same point over and over and over again.  A good analyst doesn't need to fully explain every single play, yet he just can't stop talking at times...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ricojes said:

He is good, but he can be very annoying.  Has good insight most of the time, but gets annoying harping on the same point over and over and over again.  A good analyst doesn't need to fully explain every single play, yet he just can't stop talking at times...

Finally, I found a friend 

On 1/7/2018 at 4:55 PM, KW95 said:

DO you really like when he talks before the play unfolds?  he tells the viewer where the QB should go.  SO annoying.  Just let me watch in peace and I will decide with my own mind whats going on.  After the play feel free to analyze it.  

Collingsworth the best by far and Romo is not even close

Yes I really like him.  He has toned it down quite a bit from his first games - does more assessment of the D and the options for the O before the snap, and less prediction of the specific play.

It's cool, we have different tastes.

On 1/11/2018 at 8:03 PM, pennstate10 said:

Great explanation!

I don't know enough about the coaching and decision making process TT has been taught to guess whether he's near his ceiling.  For example as your piece points out, stress increases reaction time and inhibits the decision making process, and one has to say Tyrod's worst games have involved lots of stress from heavy defensive pressure behind a quirky OL.

But it's clear he's not able to read and react as fast as he needs to right now and he doesn't seem to have that "pocket sense" that allows him to slide around in the pocket and evade tacklers.  Eli Manning claims that is something one can not be taught.

Bottom line whether or not Taylor stays on the team, we need to bring in the best QBs we can get our hands on through draft and FA.

Added thought - I have noticed that when Romo is talking about the next play, he often seems to boil things down to one play - corner does this, go THERE.

I suspect that a lot of what makes the "game speed slow" for a QB is having the plays they will run broken down into single observation -> react

Of course, then in the game of Football Chess if opponents can figure out what the QB is probably keying on for his decisions, they know how to fake him out.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1