We don't run on the one yard line?

Irv

Should have run the ball four times from the one yard line. It was a mind boggling play call. ** The Jags gift wrap a TD and Tyrod gets too cut with the audible and costs the team 7 points. 

The poor punt punt right before half was a killer as well. Just horrible execution. 

It should have been 7-0 at halftime. 

The defense did everything it could to keep the Bills in the game. Bailed out Logan Thomas from the tipped interception, gave the ball back to offense at the 10:00 mark, 8:00, 4:00 and 2:00 in the 4th quarter and offense couldn't do anything. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Then should have ran the play as called and blocked 

not pull the ball

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The correct call IMO is to run on 1st and goal in that situation.   Even if you don't get in you want to eat clock. Forget the RPO. 

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

Again per report it was a run pass option.   TT chose to pass.  

I agree with you, MAJBobby. The ball should not have been pulled.

Yes, 26CB, that would have been the ideal call. Pound that ball 4 straight times, no matter what! If they stop us, well then good for them. Running the ball in that situation would give us a much higher percentace chance of scoring.

ShadyBillsFan, if that is the case, then Tyrod mad a terrible decision. Yes, Benjamin is our big target WR, but we were on the 2 yard line! Run the damn ball!

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Yes, 26CB, that would have been the ideal call. Pound that ball 4 straight times, no matter what! If they stop us, well then good for them. Running the ball in that situation would give us a much higher percentace chance of scoring.

ShadyBillsFan, if that is the case, then Tyrod mad a terrible decision. Yes, Benjamin is our big target WR, but we were on the 2 yard line! Run the damn ball!

May i ask how the NFL leadint running team scored from the 1

Edited by MAJBobby

3 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Prove that statement.

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

As bad as the offense and tyrod was the Benjamin PI was the play that cost us. We score there and the game could have been tied at 10 at the end.

Or put a lot of pressure on the Jags to score a TD

4 hours ago, horned dogs said:

Totally changed the game. Dennison and Taylor on display at their worst. Get rid of both and we have a team.

agreed.   

Showed a lack of confidence in our Oline and turned the game around. 

Total Pete Carrol move. Outhink yourself and give the game away. 

Worst play call for Rico this year, and that's saying something. 

Pussies. 

Seahawks got cute on the goal line and it cost them a Super Bowl. 

How McDermot doesn't overrule The playcall was a miss on his part. 

That was a mindless "everybody calls a fade" playcall. This Coaching Staff has been adamant about keeping Tolbert. Well there was your chance. 

The execution at at the end of the half was the reason the Bills lost. 

It should have been 7-0 at half and 7-7 late in the 4th. 

And #41 killed us today with two huge Special Teams penalties.  

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

The Saints scored so easily from the 1 yard line on running plays today, TWICE.

Our O-line is certainly not pushing anybody around like their's, but we should have at least tried to pound it in once or twice.

But if you are going to pass, the fade makes no sense. Tyrod is bad at that throw, and Ramsey is an elite corner.

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Seahawks got cute on the goal line and it cost them a Super Bowl. 

How McDermot doesn't overrule The playcall was a miss on his part. 

That was a mindless "everybody calls a fade" playcall. This Coaching Staff has been adamant about keeping Tolbert. Well there was your chance. 

The execution at at the end of the half was the reason the Bills lost. 

It should have been 7-0 at half and 7-7 late in the 4th. 

And #41 killed us today with two huge Special Teams penalties.  

What playcall. You mean the run that shoukd have neen handed to shady but QB pulled it

Just now, MAJBobby said:

What playcall. You mean the run that shoukd have neen handed to shady but QB pulled it

Yeah that's where McDermott hears the option and overrules - no we are running it, no exceptions. 

1st and Goal from the 1.5 yard line. 

That entire sequence was a Bills end to a half. Boneheaded mistake on offense and punt out of bounds that cost the Bills three points. 

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Yeah that's where McDermott hears the option and overrules - no we are running it, no exceptions. 

1st and Goal from the 1.5 yard line. 

That entire sequence was a Bills end to a half. Boneheaded mistake on offense and punt out of bounds that cost the Bills three points. 

Blah was a gift anyway. Jags jump like idiots so its a wash

42 minutes ago, SDS said:

Prove that statement.

Of course I cannot prove that, as it is my own personal opinion.

I will say that I felt a lot more comfortable and confident with the Bills running the ball in that situation than I did with the Bills passing it.

Fair enough?

Nobody was screaming 'run the ball' louder than me on first down, but when you think about it Jacksonville tried to run it themselves in the exact same situation and ended up throwing for the touchdown after getting stuffed.  What really stopped the Bills was Benjamin pushing off in the end zone. If he doesn't do that, even if the pass is incomplete, it's still second and goal to go.