Rick Dennison's performance

Franco_92

2 hours ago, arcane said:

After moving their DT's all drive, with 1st and goal from the 1, we called a fade against perhaps the best CB out there and it blew up spectacularly. 

Then we gave Jacksonville a short field with 2 of their timeouts left. 

Instead of being up 7-0  at half, it is 3-3 directly because of Rick. 

Combined with the countless other massive errors and hair-pulling 2nd and 25 screens to tolbert for -3 yards, will he be fired in the offseason? 

Retitle this thread to Tyrod Taylor's performance, because Dennison clearly doesn't throw the ball as badly as Tyrod does, ESPECIALLY when we are down in a game.

Based on all the evidence available from today and throughout the season it’s not Dennison! It’s   Taylor. I would like to see what Dennison  could do with a real NFL quarterback. I will bet you anything that he frequently called downfield passing plays and Taylor was to gutless to make the throw. Denison gets a pass. With Alex Smith we win this game. With a lot of other quarterbacks we win this game! If we get a real quarterback for next year and the offense is this bad then, yes, I will say it is Denison. At this point, there is no way anyone can rationally say Denison was the problem with the offense. By the way I know I have some miss spellings of Dennisons name, I am dictating.

13 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I disagree with this.  IMO, we looked every bit as terrible offensively as we did in the Cincy, Jets, and Carolina games.

Nah...we were going 3 and oit in those games and getting sacked every other play...at the half we WERE the better offense. Not much of an argument to that.

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Nah...we were going 3 and oit in those games and getting sacked every other play...at the half we WERE the better offense. Not much of an argument to that.

But what is inexplicable is why we went away from running and wearing out the Jags DLine.  We were doing well in the second quarter, but seemed to go away from this in the second half.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

McD sounds testy asked about Dennison's play calling. Could be closer than we think. 

hopefully Beanie will add alot of pressure to dump him....

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

But what is inexplicable is why we went away from running and wearing out the Jags DLine.  We were doing well in the second quarter, but seemed to go away from this in the second half.

Story of the season......taking the foot off the pedel and stupid playcalls all season long....sure the QB performance is lacking but dosent help with Dennision at the helm...

Benjamin pass play first and goal was horrendous.  I also wasn't happy that they didn't do more motion plays to throw off defense.

But honestly 84 and 10 dropped catchable balls that would have kept drives alive.  TT also left some throws on the field he should have hit on.

In the end our QB play isn't playoff caliber.  That will be fixed next season

Great game by defense.  LB's showed up

36 minutes ago, Chadwick Bay Chad said:

My source told me he will be fired shortly after the end of the season 

Please, go away.

I am not going to defend Dennison, but there was little that happened today that could not be fixed with better QB play and real NFL receivers.

1 hour ago, Klaista2k said:

Dennison has to be the worst offensive coordinator in the NFL.

This guys offense sucks and cost us this game.

Fire him immediately. 

A lot misreads on the qb as pointed out by Romo

Terrible last possession of the first half. We're pinned down with 1:02 left. 3 point lead. They have 3 timeouts and because of absolutely horrendous play calling, they get the ball back with 44 seconds and 2 timeouts. It's football 101 there, run the ball and make them burn their timeouts! Elementary!

24 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Yeah I don't have a real answer for that either...or for them attempting to throw on 1st and goal from the 1 and a half yard line