Sessions — you idiot

1 minute ago, Azalin said:

The funny thing to me is that (and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong) nearly everyone you're arguing with actually supports decriminalization, if not outright legalization of marijuana. Also, the stance that Sessions is taking on the issue is very likely to help create the groundswell of popular support that congress will require before they act on addressing the legislation once and for all.

The fact is that at this particular point in time, any states that have enacted policy that permits growing, selling, or smoking marijuana have done so in defiance of federal law. Just because we may disagree with the law, does not make us immune to the ramifications if we're caught in violation of that law.

Well... unless your last name is Clinton. 

Image result for oh snap gif

• Haha (+1) 1

Pretty straightforward.

FROM KEN WHITE: Lawsplainer: Attorney General Sessions’ Threatened Action on Marijuana..

“Under the Supremacy Clause to the United States Constitution, the states can’t immunize people from federal prosecution — they can make things legal under state law, but can’t make things legal under federal law.”

You know who changes federal laws? Congress, not the Executive.

4 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Fixed it for you.    I know you’re a CNN fan but don’t use your fake news tactics on me.  

Let's get one thing straight, you don't know anything. Ok, I don't watch CNN very much. I like watch All In with Chris Hayes, though. And I read Jennifer Rubin a lot. 

Still, nice to see you not trying to back up your ridiculous inference that Trump is responsible for the economy. 

You are a Trumpbot 

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

I wonder what is the most dangerous:

Driving 150 mph down the street

or

smoking pot and driving 15 mph on the Freeway?

YOU would actually have to think about that! Wow 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Let's get one thing straight, you don't know anything. Ok, I don't watch CNN very much. I like watch All In with Chris Hayes, though. And I read Jennifer Rubin a lot. 

Still, nice to see you not trying to back up your ridiculous inference that Trump is responsible for the economy. 

You are a Trumpbot 

YOU would actually have to think about that! Wow 

I was being ironical, you idiot.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

....I’m over 30. 

The constitution does not grant the federal government the authority to arbitrarily illegalize flowers. 

No.  It grants the federal government the authority to illegalize flowers within the bounds of the legislative process.  Which is what happened.

17 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

No.  It grants the federal government the authority to illegalize flowers within the bounds of the legislative process.  Which is what happened.

I like you but that doesn't immune you from my pointing out you're wrong. Wrong as hell.

Weed was sorta made illegal by congress in the 30's. THE LAW WAS FOUND TO BE UNCONSTITUTIONAL AND REPEALED. So, in the 70's they passed the controlled substance act which is what brings about the 'schedule' drug policy of today. Marijuana was put on as a schedule 1 narcotic after a commission on the drug recommended to the Nixon administration that the flower ought not be on the list. It was placed on the list anyway and the SCOTUS has yet to intervene meaning the SCOTUS has been consistently failing in its obligations. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

It must have been the 8 summers of recovery that did it.

To pretend that the economy didn't do well under Obama is stupid. That said, Obama did inherit a rebounding economy from Bush. We all just tend to attribute the actions of the predecessor to the current politician. And, all current politicians take credit for the good, while blaming the bad on their predecessor. 

2 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I like you but that doesn't immune you from my pointing out you're wrong. Wrong as hell.

Weed was sorta made illegal by congress in the 30's. THE LAW WAS FOUND TO BE UNCONSTITUTIONAL AND REPEALED. So, in the 70's they passed the controlled substance act which is what brings about the 'schedule' drug policy of today. Marijuana was put on as a schedule 1 narcotic after a commission on the drug recommended to the Nixon administration that the flower ought not be on the list. It was placed on the list anyway and the SCOTUS has yet to intervene meaning the SCOTUS has been consistently failing in its obligations. 

So has the self-interested commission been failing. Inherently, they have a conflict of interest in the scheduling process. The more drugs they schedule the more jobs, money and control they create for themselves.  

4 minutes ago, Paulus said:

To pretend that the economy didn't do well under Obama is stupid. That said, Obama did inherit a rebounding economy from Bush. We all just tend to attribute the actions of the predecessor to the current politician. And, all current politicians take credit for the good, while blaming the bad on their predecessor. 

So has the self-interested commission been failing. Inherently, they have a conflict of interest in the scheduling process. The more drugs they schedule the more jobs, money and control they create for themselves.  

That's true. There's literally no science to back up its classification as a schedule 1 narcotic and our government is arresting millions of non violent people.

HOW CAN THERE BE A CRIME WITH NO VICTIM?

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Umm... what?

Yeah, I dunno. He lost me there too. 

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

The Constitution grants the federal government the authority to regulate commerce between the states. So yes, it does have the authority to arbitrarily make flowers illegal.

No. You've no point. You're talking about trade, but what about gardening?

9 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

No. You've no point. You're talking about trade, but what about gardening?

Your complete lack of understanding of how the US Constitution works does not invalidate any points made which which you disagree.

Edited by Koko78

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

You believe that laws you don't like should be struck down by the courts rather than repealed. You also are willing to let "scientists" direct your belief/non-belief in GW. You are against tax cuts and won 't even discuss energy independence. The most damning evidence though is that you are in bed with Tiberius.

I'm quite good at talking for myself.

I believe UNCONSTITUTIONAL laws should be struck down. Do ya see how the narrative changes when I talk for myself as opposed to what you state my beliefs are? 

I'm willing to listen to experts on global warming and accept their peer reviewed findings -- yup.

I've never been against tax cuts and never will be if the nation can afford them. I'm conservative which means I believe in things like avoiding debt. I hate debt. I will not support legislation that adds to the debt. Do ya see the difference? You say I hate tax cuts -- not true. I hate debt and dodgy Don's tax bill will increase the debt.

As far as energy goes I believe fossil fuels are the past and because climate change is real we need to invest in new technology. Also, 'energy independence,' lol. You know oil is finite, right? Have we hit 'peak oil?' I don't know the report is classified. But I know we wont run out of wind or sunlight for a long time. 

2 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Your complete lack of understanding of how the US Constitution works does not invalidate any points made which which you disagree.

You argued that the constitution gives the government the right to illegalize gardening. I disagree. Yes.

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Umm... what?

2009 was a great year for recovery, IMO. To me that is when the economy began to correct itself. Markets jumped, housing prices began to rebound, and more jobs began to appear. 

5 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

You argued that the constitution gives the government the right to illegalize gardening. I disagree. Yes.

Interesting that you keep changing wording when called out on your bull ****.