Tyrod Taylor's "Signature Moment" of 2017?

There were quite a few people on this site who, not even halfway into the season, were hoping we would tank for the sake of a high draft pick. I never bothered to take note of the names of these posters because I utterly disagreed with such malarkey. But the disappointment among some that we made it into the postseason is palpable on this thread, especially. No one is going to admit their disappointment, of course (even to themselves, I suspect), but the attitude seems to make its way into every thread. It's a bit sickening, and a real drag to endure.

I still go to this site every day-- there are quite a few educated, and insightful posters around here. But, the constant parade of Tyrod haters pissing in the well is tiresome.

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, section122 said:

I am at a breaking point.  We should all be celebrating this week.  Instead it is the same absolute nonsense.  Andy Dalton gets 170k to his charity for one pass.  Tyrod leads the team to a 9-6 record and gets no credit.  Tyrod gets benched and responds by leading the team to a 4-2 record and the playoffs for the first time in forever.

Either QB is end all be all and Tyrod should get credit for leading the Bills to the playoffs

OR

QB isn't as important as some claim it to be and the Bills made the playoffs in spite of him.

You can't hold both opinions unless apparently it involves Tyrod.  We are in the freaking playoffs and people want to whine about our qb still?  How about thanks for getting us to the playoffs?  How about thanks for ending the drought?  Nope the same inane duh Tyrod is terrible duh.  We know what Tyrod is and right now that is the QB of the Playoff Buffalo Bills.  After the playoffs end we can resume hearing about how xrushx, shady, twoandfourteen and others KNOW that Tyrod is the antichrist.  While the playoffs are on and the Bills are alive ENJOY IT FOR PETES SAKE

To all of you that said Tyrod could never do it, to those that said the Bills would go 4-12, to those of you who said he is a backup qb or rb at best in this league, to those of you that said Nate freaking Peterman starting was still a good decision even after the results, to those of you who wouldn't be optimistic after week 15 or even week 16 because Tyrod was sure to lose to the Dolphins, to those of you who can't enjoy this without complaining about Tyrod I've got 2 words for you.  SUCK IT.  The Bills are in the playoffs and Tyrod got them there.  

I dealt with the stupid CoT nonsense all offseason and all year and I feel vindicated.  "The CoT" :rolleyes: kept saying with a competent defense the Bills could be a playoff team with Tyrod at the helm.  In the words of one of my favorite posters around here:  Tyrod just pantsed all you haters!

Go Bills!  !@#$ Doug Marrone and !@#$ the Jags!  and if you want to B word about Tyrod instead of the Bills being in the playoffs then !@#$ you too!!!

Let's go!!!!!!!

1. I've said multiple times that Taylor is the consummate pro and was instrumental in putting the Bills in the position they were in last Sunday afternoon. He played very well in the games the team needed over the last month and deserves all the credit for that. 

2. It is also very true that this team advanced in spite of an absolutely inept passing offense and some very, very poor single-game performances from Taylor. A win in Carolina or Cincinnati would have made the Ravens game irrelevant. Make whatever excuses you want about coordinator or receivers, but the reality is that these are still NFL players and Taylor is a 7 year veteran. Those were very winnable games he left on the table, not to mention several others that we can debate about forever. 

3. Not even close. Aside from throwing the football, he's the epitome of what a pro athlete should be. 

4. I am. This is great, are you kidding me? It's about damn time we get the breaks to go our way for once. 

5. I'll be honest, I never thought he could. But Tyrod played the hand he was dealt -- an opportunistic defense, a very weak conference, and a miraculous last-second rally in Baltimore -- and turned it into a playoff birth for the Bills. Full marks for that. 

6. It was at the time it was made, absolutely. Of course, you can say it was wrong after the fact, but the bar had been set so low that the odds of anyone coming in and doing a worse job than Taylor at that point were ridiculously long. Amazingly, Nate Peterman found a way to beat the odds and made Taylor's 56 yards passing look great by comparison. The odds on this team making it to the playoffs were also long -- this team seems to have a knack for that kind of thing. 

7. I was guardedly optimistic going into week 15 & 17. Had really nothing to do with Taylor, but more the result of a defense-mechanism that has developed over the decades of being a Buffalo Sports fan. There's a reason why "Billsing" has become a verb around here. 

8. This is very true. Taylor would not have gotten the team here without the assist from a defense that had an affinity for more than a few very timely turnovers throughout the year.

9. I'm hoping that Taylor takes advantage of the opportunity he has in Jacksonville. With McCoy limited, he needs to be the guy to take the game over. It would be an incredible story and I want to see it happen for him. Taylor has the chance to change his entire narrative. 

I just want to see a Bills QB be the best player on the field for a change. It's been a long time since that's happened. Go get it, Tyrod.  

24 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

There were quite a few people on this site who, not even halfway into the season, were hoping we would tank for the sake of a high draft pick. I never bothered to take note of the names of these posters because I utterly disagreed with such malarkey. But the disappointment among some that we made it into the postseason is palpable on this thread, especially. No one is going to admit their disappointment, of course (even to themselves, I suspect), but the attitude seems to make its way into every thread. It's a bit sickening, and a real drag to endure.

I still go to this site every day-- there are quite a few educated, and insightful posters around here. But, the constant parade of Tyrod haters pissing in the well is tiresome.

24 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I'm just happy we can stop hearing the same crap year after year, its been 17 years since the Bills made the playoffs, it's 18 years since the Bills made the playoffs, like a broken record. Now we will hear something different for awhile!

50 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

This core team with Taylor should have improved.  Somehow the Redzone scoring diminished and TT had two very horrible sub 36 QB rated games., (his worst season yet).  

You thought the offense should have improved in 2017?

Am I reading that correctly?

Without:

Sammy Watkins

Robert Woods

Marquise Goodwin

Mike Gillislee

Cordy Glenn (for all but 5 games)

How anyone could come to the conclusion that the offense should have improved speaks to the Tyrod hate that Section112 speaks of on this board.

If someone told you the Bills would have signed Mike Tolbert and Brian DiMarco and Andre Holmes in FA and lost all those other guys you really wouldn't have expected a dropoff?  

You can't hide it........you have an irrational hate for Tyrod Taylor.:doh:

• Like (+1) 1

I think him being sat is the defining moment.... Says this coaching staff is not happy with how he plays on the field. Sure, he’s a better option then Peterman but McD wants more out of our QB position. Hopefully it is found in the offseason. 

Its exciting to be in playoffs, and Taylor has been helpful with the way he protects the ball.  That’s not enough.  If we didn’t win the tie breaker there would be no questioning Taylor’s value and it seemed to risen because we ended this drought.  Not only do we owe a lot of thanks to Dalton and the Bengals, we owe some thanks to the Dolphins for playing a third string QB. 

Its nice to have some luck go our way for a change though. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You thought the offense should have improved in 2017?

Am I reading that correctly?

The core team.   thats everyone both sides of the ball and including Taylor.   

what I said was  9-7 to 11-5.   Was I wrong?   

But hey nice attempt regardless 

take a moment and read my post,  Take a moment and think 

What you may be failing to see is that a lot of people like what Tyrod has done and they do appreciate it.  You may refer to some of them as "haters" 

You need to take the 2 or 3 people who never say anything good and  ignore them.  The same is true for those not in love with TT.  ignore the top 3 "boasters".

oh and ask Stank_Nasty what I said about TT.   

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

8 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The play that I can't get out of my head is the wide wide wide wide wide open Nick O'Leary in the end zone in the Dolphins game. O'Leary was wide open and Taylor just air mailed that pass. Our freaking flag football QB could've hit O'Leary on that play with ease. Taylor needs to go bye bye.

He arched a rainbow into the EZ Sunday with O'Leary standing in the pot of gold wide open.  It was the difference in the gMe. We won both those Fish games. 

I can think of a couple of signature plays. One where he scrambled around And found Holmes on  The sidelines in EZ as Holmes layed out for it. 

The bumper pool TD where he ricocheted it off Zay's hands into the waiting arms of Holmes Was pretty cool too

8 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

Me either. That's why I was asking, haha. 

Y'all just either ain't paying attention or have brown colored glasses on.  He's made a ton of great plays this year.

31 minutes ago, BananaB said:

I think him being sat is the defining moment.... Says this coaching staff is not happy with how he plays on the field. Sure, he’s a better option then Peterman but McD wants more out of our QB position. Hopefully it is found in the offseason. 

Its exciting to be in playoffs, and Taylor has been helpful with the way he protects the ball.  That’s not enough.  If we didn’t win the tie breaker there would be no questioning Taylor’s value and it seemed to risen because we ended this drought.  Not only do we owe a lot of thanks to Dalton and the Bengals, we owe some thanks to the Dolphins for playing a third string QB. 

Its nice to have some luck go our way for a change though. 

This is the **** right here that is infuriating.  Tyrod is somewhere around the 20th best qb in the world.  Let that sink in.  There are approximately 10-20 guys that are better than him in existence on the planet earth.  Taylor's value hasn't risen at all.  Nobody that hated him before this has come around on him.  Even in your post where you are trying to almost give him credit you can't do it without giving credit to Dalton and the Dolphins.  The Bills and Tyrod beat Jay Cutler just 2 weeks ago.  Is it really far fetched that they would have done it again?  Andy Dalton gets 300k from Bills fans for one throw.  How much money went to Tyrod's charity this week for being the qb the entire season save one Peterman start.

I think what I have always thought.  He is a serviceable NFL QB.  You can win with him as evidenced by his starting record with the Bills.  Could the Bills improve?  Sure.  This is smacking though of cutting Fitz just because anyone has to be better right?  Want to draft a guy and have him and Tyrod compete?  I'm all for it.  This nonsense about him being figured out has to stop.  He has brought our team to the playoffs.  Something no other qb has done in almost 18 years.  Can we give the guy some freaking credit for once?

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is why I have advocated for being able to vote posters off the board. A bunch of Rod Watson’s around here!! The Bills are playing a playoff game for the first time since January of 2000 and some of you idiots just want to complain about the guy that quarterbacks them.  Enjoy the week(s) and go back to your miserable existences after the season. 

Pathetic .

Any one of the three on this  vid would qualify. The Holmes one on the sidelines is an out and out studly pass and catch.

18 minutes ago, section122 said:

Nobody that hated him before this has come around on him. 

This is a lie. My wife was not big on him last year or really the last two. She has been a Bills season ticket holder for 30+ years. After watching him this year, she (like me) wants to keep him for next year.

Edited by reddogblitz

2 hours ago, dneveu said:
9 hours ago, RobH063 said:

Not from this year. This is from October 2016 but it pretty much says it all. The moment I came to realize it's time to move on.

Do you have the play afterwards where he scrambled for the first down?

He could have scrambled for a TD. He could have scrambled for 20 TD's. Would have made no difference in my mind. He's the QB for Christ's sake. Who lines up under the guard. He didn't see number 64 on the back of Richie's jersey? He's been playing QB for what, close to 20 years and he forgot where the hell to line up?

Edited by RobH063

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

What you may be failing to see is that a lot of people like what Tyrod has done and they do appreciate it.  You may refer to some of them as "haters" 

You need to take the 2 or 3 people who never say anything good and  ignore them.  The same is true for those not in love with TT.  ignore the top 3 "boasters".

IMO what some people won't accept is being told that Taylor is actually better than he is.    Those who are constantly over praising TT are the CoT.   And like with any board people get lumped into a group even when they are not part of said group.   

Transplant often  refers to me as being like xRUSHx, because xRUSHx likes a lot of what I post.   That does not mean I agree with xRUSHx all the time.  

FWIW - look at my preseason prediction.  I said 9 to 11 wins.   Mainly because addition by subtraction of Rex and Rob.  

This core team with Taylor should have improved.  Somehow the Redzone scoring diminished and TT had two very horrible sub 36 QB rated games., (his worst season yet).  

1.  Yeah I don't see any appreciation on this board for him doing it.  I see on the front page a charity thread for 2 players from a different team, threads about trading him, drafting his replacement, this backhanded thread, etc...  

2.  Please show me these posters.  Transplant uses stats and facts and people refute him with "the eye test", JfH has given up his kool aid card.  The CoT is a group of us who don't think he is the worst player in the NFL.  Anyone who dares to defend him in any way is in the "CoT."  I'll defend the hell out of him.  He broke a streak that hung over all of our heads.  If the Ravens game ended first would we be giving Andy freaking Dalton the credit we are?  The day we made the playoffs was one of my favorite sports days in many years and I have to come to my favorite site on the internet and get my cheerios pissed in. 

3.  I won't argue that and even I wasn't that optimistic.  This team has a lot of holes.  Getting to the playoffs should be a testament to all of the players on the team.  Not just Tyrod not everyone but Tyrod.  The whole team deserves credit for this.  I disagreed with many McDermott decisions, Beane decisions, and Dennison decisions among others.  I give them all credit though for being part of this.

4.  TT had his worst games this year but on a whole he improved many of the things he was knocked for before the season.  He threw to tes.  He threw to the middle of the field.

5.   He wasn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination but he is in a handful of guys that have good and bad games.  Tyrod's Cincy performance which we all agree was probably his worst was the 79th worst qb game by qbr this year.  I won't try to argue the 56 and 65 yard passing outputs they were terrible what I will say is context matters and there are many qbs each week who completely stink up the joint.  He is in the handful of guys that will have great weeks and terrible weeks.  Look at Derek Carr week 3 and 16, Andy Dalton week 1 and 15, Jameis Winston week 5 and 8, Philip Rivers week 3, Alex Smith week 3, Dak week 11, Cam week 3 and 16, and Kirk Cousins week 13 and 17.  All of those games were in the bottom 50 of qb performances this season.  That's a lot of guys who everyone thinks are better than Tyrod and they had worse (sometimes multiple) games than Tyrod's worst game.  People need to watch other teams to truly see the state of NFL qbing.  Too many people watch Brady and think everyone is doing that.

13 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

This is a lie. My wife was not big on him last year or really the last two. She has been a Bills season ticket holder for 30+ years. After watching him this year, she (like me) wants to keep him for next year.

My apologies.  Your wife is a very wise woman!  I amend it to I haven't seen anyone on this board change their opinion of him :P:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is why I have advocated for being able to vote posters off the board. A bunch of Rod Watson’s around here!! The Bills are playing a playoff game for the first time since January of 2000 and some of you idiots just want to complain about the guy that quarterbacks them.  Enjoy the week(s) and go back to your miserable existences after the season. 

thank you. I thought this place would be cool after breaking the drought but instead idiots want to continue with trade talk. I'm cool with talking about trade of a player that may be heading that way but at least allow the long awaited post season to end, how ever it may.

as for those posting if you don't like it don't click. pfft. right, that's half the front page.  

better than not clicking, is avoiding the site all together. unfortunately

7 minutes ago, section122 said:

1.  Yeah I don't see any appreciation on this board for him doing it.  I see on the front page a charity thread for 2 players from a different team, threads about trading him, drafting his replacement, this backhanded thread, etc...  

2.  Please show me these posters.  Transplant uses stats and facts and people refute him with "the eye test", JfH has given up his kool aid card.  The CoT is a group of us who don't think he is the worst player in the NFL.  Anyone who dares to defend him in any way is in the "CoT."  I'll defend the hell out of him.  He broke a streak that hung over all of our heads.  If the Ravens game ended first would we be giving Andy freaking Dalton the credit we are?  The day we made the playoffs was one of my favorite sports days in many years and I have to come to my favorite site on the internet and get my cheerios pissed in. 

3.  I won't argue that and even I wasn't that optimistic.  This team has a lot of holes.  Getting to the playoffs should be a testament to all of the players on the team.  Not just Tyrod not everyone but Tyrod.  The whole team deserves credit for this.  I disagreed with many McDermott decisions, Beane decisions, and Dennison decisions among others.  I give them all credit though for being part of this.

4.  TT had his worst games this year but on a whole he improved many of the things he was knocked for before the season.  He threw to tes.  He threw to the middle of the field.

5.   He wasn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination but he is in a handful of guys that have good and bad games.  Tyrod's Cincy performance which we all agree was probably his worst was the 79th worst qb game by qbr this year.  I won't try to argue the 56 and 65 yard passing outputs they were terrible what I will say is context matters and there are many qbs each week who completely stink up the joint.  He is in the handful of guys that will have great weeks and terrible weeks.  Look at Derek Carr week 3 and 16, Andy Dalton week 1 and 15, Jameis Winston week 5 and 8, Philip Rivers week 3, Alex Smith week 3, Dak week 11, Cam week 3 and 16, and Kirk Cousins week 13 and 17.  All of those games were in the bottom 50 of qb performances this season.  That's a lot of guys who everyone thinks are better than Tyrod and they had worse (sometimes multiple) games than Tyrod's worst game.  People need to watch other teams to truly see the state of NFL qbing.  Too many people watch Brady and think everyone is doing that.

There is a whole lot of real estate between Brady and the 29th ranked offense led by Taylor at qb.   

Transplant can say whatever he wants but 29 of 32 is 29 of 32.   

Points that can easily be refuted will.   

Edited by Teddy KGB

5 minutes ago, section122 said:

2.  Please show me these posters.  Transplant uses stats and facts and people refute him with "the eye test", J

A lot to digest 

let me address the 1st two. 

1. If not for Dalton and that TD pass we would not be in the playoffs.   

2. For all his hard work with his stats transplant identifies TTs strengths alone and barely touches on his weaknesses.  

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

You purposely being thick?

Let me quote you again:

"This core team with Taylor should have improved.  Somehow the Redzone scoring diminished and TT had two very horrible sub 36 QB rated games., (his worst season yet)."

What is the "core team"?   The defense improved in key areas.   The ST's was better......Hauschka was great.    

So what didn't improve?  

The offense.

Which you blame entirely on Taylor when he lost his 3 top WR targets, his best OL and a running back who lead the league in YPC. :doh::lol:

Irrational hate.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

There is a whole lot of real estate between Brady and the 29th ranked offense led by Taylor at qb.   

Transplant can say whatever he wants but 29 of 32 is 29 of 32.   

Points that can easily be refuted will.   

What about the last 2 years where it was 13 and 16?

• Like (+1) 1