Enough's enough - This team went 9-7......

13 minutes ago, teef said:

i'll agree with this.  

it is?  i just haven't seen that.  in fact, most want to draft and develop a high pick qb.

if anything, this is why people are coming after you.  

you think you're right?  you told us that...

sammy is elite.  that was wrong.

sammy will have a huge year this year.  that was wrong.

sammy isn't getting the numbers you expected because goff is being coached not to throw to him.  that was wrong.  

since you hate being right, you should be pretty satisfied right now.

I expected him to have a big year,but never gave #'s.  He is defended as a #1 receiver and will see the contract he signs.  

Oh and Tyrod and the offense missed him.....

Try again.

33 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

A lot of false and misleading info here and I'm not embarrassed about anything.

Also the fact that some folks keep bringing up NP and the Chargers proves they agree with the decision. Just too bad he's still not starting or we might actually have a chance to make a championship run....

Nothing was false or misleading.  You made the post.  You deleted it.  Here is something you made after that post that you deleted....

I've already made my peace on the situation and ate crow so to speak.

But the bottom line is TT isn't a franchise QB and not taking this team anywhere either so the move to start NP is/was still justified by this regime even though it backfired in spectacular fashion.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And yes the 18 year curse was lifted.  

The Bills won the tie-breakers and we're in the playoffs with the best possible first round opponent (something I predicted btw).

The point is (and I keep repeating) is that this is pretty much the same records as 2014-2016, so quit thinking this coaching staff & HO turned water into wine.

What it did do was create such low expectations that some consider it a miracle.

What was miraculous was winning 6 games where the opposition had the ball at the end of the game with a chance to win & the Bills winning each and every time.  

I am as excited as anyone that they are in the playoffs and planning my Sunday, but I am not getting ahead of myself and anointing this coaching staff as an all time great.

However I am a fan and don't get stuck on the minutiae wrt to drafts, schemes and philosophy.

It is quite simple for us fans.  If a team is 8-8 for 3 seasons in a row, you look at it and say 2 more wins and you're in the playoffs.  I look at the skill positions and how they are utilized (and yes was pissed at Watkins, the trade and not targeting him enough).  I thought better coaching and tweaks to properly utilize Taylor and we'd see a huge improvement.

On the defensive side, it did not take much to see that they were undisciplined, took way too many penalties, and disorganized under Rex, which could be fixed easily to the point they would be competent.

So as said I will be here and cheering Sunday & hopefully beyond & will leave shortly thereafter while you argue about the draft, personnel moves & free agency.

I will return when Sammy signs and when a decision is made on Tyrod.

Again would we fans be so excited if they went 8-8, or 8-7-1 (as McDermott tried vs. Indy) and no playoffs.  

It is the Playoffs that has created this euphoria, not a record that matches those the prior 3 years......

Flame away!!!!!

9-7 doesn’t equal 8-8, or 7-9

And this is only the third time in 17 years they have finished above 500.

It doesn’t make McDermott fit for a gold jacket, but it sure validates him as a competent NFL coach until we have reason to suspect otherwise.

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I expected him to have a big year,but never gave #'s.  He is defended as a #1 receiver and will see the contract he signs.  

Oh and Tyrod and the offense missed him.....

Try again.

Oh c'mon. He didn't have anything remotely resembling a big year. If you're going to puff your chest out and brag about being right about something, you need to concede where you've been wrong.  Of course Tyrod and the offense missed him, because they missed having any quality receivers all year.  They missed Woods and Goodwin too. They missed having a healthy Matthews all year, or a healthy Benjamin for the time they had him. Watkins remains someone whose perceived skills far outweigh the results he has shown on the field.

31 minutes ago, IronyAbounds said:

Oh c'mon. He didn't have anything remotely resembling a big year. If you're going to puff your chest out and brag about being right about something, you need to concede where you've been wrong.  Of course Tyrod and the offense missed him, because they missed having any quality receivers all year.  They missed Woods and Goodwin too. They missed having a healthy Matthews all year, or a healthy Benjamin for the time they had him. Watkins remains someone whose perceived skills far outweigh the results he has shown on the field.

I said he did not put up the #'s I expected, however was part of a dynamic offense and drew #1 coverage and double teams.

Proof will be in the contract he signs.....

BTW I also predicted 9-7 would make the playoffs and that the Bills at 5-5 needed 4 wins and expected them vs Indy & Miami x 2......  That is why I was so upset about Peterman and the LAC game......

So yes I was right......  Go find the posts if so inclined.......

Edited by Billsfan1972

Ok dude, as a hardcore Panthers fan (Bills are my AFC team), let me say this, it truly is a process. Success and a winning culture are not created overnight. Just remember that Sean McD was our defensive coordinator for a long time and consistently had our defense as one of the most feared in the league, including a 15-1 superbowl run. He knows what it takes to win and he knows how to manage talent.

Enjoy the post season birth and know that the Bills future is bright, trust the process!