Is Vlad Ducasse actually turning into a good football player??

Big Turk

I have to admit...Ducasse has not been noticeable at all to me in pass blocking over the past few weeks and there have been some big holes opened up by him in the run game...I can't recall even hearing Suh's name called once yesterday...

Is Ducasse turning into a good player for this team??  Is it possible??  

Edited by matter2003

Could be that going to this zone blocking scheme just took him longer to get it than others.  Or even that those around him took longer, but the mistakes by others to the uninformed eye appeared to be on Vlad, but really were someone elses fault and he just took the blame in some instances. Or just overall the entire line now gets this new scheme.

Agree that Vlad has looked noticeably better the last 5 games. 

Henderson stoned Wake a couple of times when he had to come in for Mills.  It was nice to see him play well in an important role.

Edited by JoeF

He clearly has improved over the season, to the point of being a nonissue and unnoticed in the past month—which is a high compliment to an Offensive lineman. 

I would add, I thought Henderson did well in the time he had yesterday.

2 minutes ago, CSBill said:

He clearly has improved over the season, to the point of being a nonissue and unnoticed in the past month—which is a high compliment to an Offensive lineman. 

I would add, I thought Henderson did well in the time he had yesterday.

Yeah I thought for not playing hardly at all for almost 2 years Henderson was outstanding against a great pass rusher

• Like (+1) 1

The only thing I knew about Vlad when he came here was from the negative reports from posters here.

I tried to balance that against the good opinion the coaching staff must have had of him if they brought him over - and I still ended up with low expectations.

He's been better than those expectations.  I haven't been stressed to see him on the field this past month or so.

A lot of posters were dead wrong about Ducasse, many claiming that he didn't even belong in the league and/or he was the worst guard they'd ever seen.

Clearly, they were wrong.  Ducasse isn't great but he's been in more cases than not this past season anywhere from average to slightly above average.  He's had a few below average games but he's been ok.    His reputation among posters at TBD did not reflect his actual play, specially over the second half of the season.  McD let Miller and Ducasse compete for the job and the bottom line was that Ducasse won out.