Build ? around ? Tyrod ?

LA Grant

4 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

First off, Russell Wilson is a natural passer, whose throwing skills and ability to read defenses, and clutch factor are on par with his athleticism...the same cannot be said for Tyrod imo.

Second, Flacco, who is a very mediocre QB now, played the best football if his life the post season he won the Super Bowl...Tyrod could never do that because his passing game simply cannot be relied upon to win games.

Third, good QBs ekevate the players around them, as evidenced by Goff and Garappolo with Taylor’s old WR’s...however, Tyrod’s lack of passing skill makes it impossible for his current WR’s to ever reach their potential.

i don’t hate the guy- I just want better...because until the Bills have a better QB they will never reach their fullest potential.

Goff & Garappolo had healthy Watkins & Goodwin almost all year ... when Taylor had them healthy, which was never close to a full season, they looked just as good and were making highlight plays as frequently as they are this year, which is to say, occasionally. Also, keep in mind both Goff & Garappolo are playing with creative pass-first OCs. Taylor has always been in run-first offenses.

Is it possible Wilson's throwing skills, reading, and clutch are related to being on the same page with his WRs? His targets have been very consistent. Much easier for those 3 things to look better when the passes are complete... and pass completions are a two-way street.

Otherwise, if 2017 didn't show you that you can never say never, I dunno how else to convince you.

10 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

Goff & Garappolo had healthy Watkins & Goodwin almost all year ... when Taylor had them healthy, which was never close to a full season, they looked just as good and were making highlight plays as frequently as they are this year, which is to say, occasionally. Also, keep in mind both Goff & Garappolo are playing with creative pass-first OCs. Taylor has always been in run-first offenses.

Is it possible Wilson's throwing skills, reading, and clutch are related to being on the same page with his WRs? His targets have been very consistent. Much easier for those 3 things to look better when the passes are complete... and pass completions are a two-way street.

Otherwise, if 2017 didn't show you that you can never say never, I dunno how else to convince you.

I agree about never say never, and I wouldn’t mind keeping Tyrod through next year and drafting a QB...but my first preference is to trade him and acquire somebody better...I really don’t like the idea of having a young guy learning under him...but either way it should be an entertaining offseason.

Edited by JaCrispy

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I agree about never say never, and I wouldn’t mind keeping Tyrod through next year and drafting a QB...but my first preference is to trade him and acquire somebody better...either way it should be an entertaining offseason.

$18M between bonuses and salary next year. 

44 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

Fail to see why Tyrod's winning record doesn't count the same as Aaron Rodgers' winning record. Do wins count differently for some QBs?

Keep seeing Haters saying they'd rather have Kirk Cousins. Now here's what a QB should look like for you, right? Tall, white, multiple 300+ yard passing games...

Only thing is Cousins' record, though, is 26-30-1... hmm, so not quite a top-end back-up quality QB then, huh? Guessing we're hoping to bring him in as 3rd string? Might be pricey!

He limits the offense all the way to the playoffs. 

There is a huge difference between 94-48 and 22-20. Yet, both are still "winning records". I don't think that requires any further explanation. 

As for Cousins, no one needs to cite secondary or obscure stats to support the fact that Kirk Cousins is a Top 10-12 QB in the NFL. 

However, Taylor's game is so flawed and so limited that you need it to try and ustify his place as a fringe starter. 

57 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

Fail to see why Tyrod's winning record doesn't count the same as Aaron Rodgers' winning record. Do wins count differently for some QBs?

Keep seeing Haters saying they'd rather have Kirk Cousins. Now here's what a QB should look like for you, right? Tall, white, multiple 300+ yard passing games...

Only thing is Cousins' record, though, is 26-30-1... hmm, so not quite a top-end back-up quality QB then, huh? Guessing we're hoping to bring him in as 3rd string? Might be pricey!

He limits the offense all the way to the playoffs. 

I didn't even catch your subtle accusation of racism in there the first time. You should run with that one though, it definitely helps to make a stronger case for Tyrod. 

When you're done, make sure you put that card back in your pocket. You're probably going to want to use it again, I'm sure. 

Build around Tyrod? You can get the man Antonio Brown and Julio Jones - he will still be bottom 5 in passing yards, because he cant read an NFL defense, and he is inaccurate throwing the football. I am sure Brown and Jones would be blamed by some too. 

No thanks. He can stay for another year. Bills are drafting a QB. 

IDK...  I've seen the offense perform well with Taylor at QB.  O has been less than solid this season but I can't say it is all on Taylor. Our WRs kinda suck and the line hasn't been stellar either. Aside from McCoy, Benjamin, and Clay...  Nobody on that side of the ball is a world beater. I'm glad we made the playoffs.  If some way the Bills win a game or two... Taylor isn't going anywhere 18mil price tag or not. 

I do hope they get a nice QB in the draft though. 

Edited by GrizzReaper

55 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

Oh my. Its because OCs dont trust him to be a pass first offense. If you think otherwise, yikes. 

1 hour ago, LA Grant said:

Not sure why you're so sure Taylor is nowhere close.

For one thing, his style of play is very similar to Russell Wilson, who won a SB and appeared in another. He plays far better than Peyton did in SB 50 season and can do more. He's better than both Flacco & Kaep. You can debate if he's better than Eli Manning but I'd rather have Tyrod.

Seems to me as though the future is unwritten. Why not give Tyrod a season with consistency at WR? We have not seen that.

Wilson had over 32 touchdown passes, and only 11 or so picks. He is lightyears better than Taylor. We did not get to playoffs because of Taylor, we got there in spite of him. With even average qb play, like 15-18th in passing, we could have a shot. And the WR argument is tiresome, he has some pretty good talent there. He simply isn't good enough.

3 minutes ago, harv shitz said:

Wilson had over 32 touchdown passes, and only 11 or so picks. He is lightyears better than Taylor. We did not get to playoffs because of Taylor, we got there in spite of him. With even average qb play, like 15-18th in passing, we could have a shot. And the WR argument is tiresome, he has some pretty good talent there. He simply isn't good enough.

And now Without  a top 3 defense and the Legion of Doom he and Ciarra will be watching Hotrod on Sunday. No QB can do It on his own. It's a TEAM sport

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

Wow,  this is bad. What makes you think any of these QBs would be any better than TT in Buffalo? You're not making the team better by doing this. You're swapping one thing for another - big deal. 

There’s this little thing quarterbacks have called anticipation. Tyrod has never had that with any receiver. 

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Tyrod Taylor doesn't need to go anywhere. He can stay and the Bills can draft a QB. Then let the best QB win. You worried, bro?

He was awesome Sunday. :rolleyes:

Not worried at all. 

I didn’t think my post was angry. Just stating the obvious. 

Edited by Rc2catch
  • Like (+1) 1

I realized yesterday how many drives Taylor extends that most QBs wouldn't. They don't always result in points but it's still a big deal.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/third-down-conversion-pct

Was surprised to see we are 6th in NFL in 3rd down conversions and 4th in last 3 games..

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

And now Without  a top 3 defense and the Legion of Doom he and Ciarra will be watching Hotrod on Sunday. No QB can do It on his own. It's a TEAM sport

Exactly! And he's a respected and loved leader of the 2018 playoff bound Bills. We might have the next Legion of Boom. Build around# 5 , I know one thing, I'm extremely happy the QBs aren't reversed for Sunday. Would not be confident playing Tyrod with that Jag defense behind him.