Bills vs. Dolphins Postgame - Week 17

BILLS BEAT DOLPHINS; ADVANCE TO PLAYOFFS

DSarVZ2UIAEQAU0.jpg

Buffalo pulled off a big win in Miami and with a Ravens loss have advanced to the playoffs.

GAME CENTER

0ap3000000896281.jpg&f=jpg&w=1280&c=80

The Bills are headed to their first postseason action since 1999 after the Ravens lost to the Bengals. See stats from Bills-Dolphins and the best highlights from their win.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

CBS Sports Booth Recap: Bills Take Down Dolphins 22-16 (1:30)

Bills end 17-year playoff drought with win and help
MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. (AP) Amid the dancing and screaming and hugs and high-fives in the Buffalo Bills' locker room , defensive tackle Kyle Williams watched his two young sons climbing around in his stall.

''What do you think, boys?'' Williams shouted. ''Where are we going? The playoffs?! Yeah!!''

His sons are only 6 and 4. For their dad and most Buffalo fans, Sunday was a long time coming.

I feel great for all Bills players and fans, but especially for the guys like Eric Wood and Kyle Williams who have been playing their guts out for years with nothing to show, until now.

If only Freddie could be with the team in some way ...

Edited by JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Berman: Bills victory changes McDermott's legacy (1:29)
Chris Berman joins SVP to talk about the Bills' first playoff appearance since 1999.

Kyle Williams celebrates Bills first playoff berth since 1999 (2:26)

Kyle Talks to Deion Sanders via Skype

I like how bermens been like a 2nd hand bills fan since espn primetime

8 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Every coach makes calls some fans aren't going to like.  We made the playoffs for the first time in ages, just be happy man 

I know but it was the wrong call and could have been costly...just sayin

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

I think that's what i said......instead of a 7 point lead late in the game it was only 6...that's big

Except Dolphins kick the XP instead of going for two.  As a wise man once posted, the point is "mute."

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

I think that's what i said......instead of a 7 point lead late in the game it was only 6...that's big

Yup and if they made it, it would have been a 3 touchdown lead at the time.  Many teams would have gone for it there.  They didn't get it, too bad.  If they made it everyone would be saying how it is a good call. 

Like I said, some fans will think it was a bad call to try to get it up to a three touchdown lead, others will like the aggressive call.  He's hated for being too conservative and then gets crapped on for being aggressive.

Just now, Buffalo30 said:

Yup and if they made it, it would have been a 3 touchdown lead at the time.  Many teams would have gone for it there.  They didn't get it, too bad.  If they made it everyone would be saying how it is a good call. 

Like I said, some fans will think it was a bad call to try to get it up to a three touchdown lead, others will like the aggressive call.  He's hated for being too conservative and then gets crapped on for being aggressive.

Relax, i just made a comment about the call to go for 2.....

6 minutes ago, nucci said:

Relax, i just made a comment about the call to go for 2.....

Guy I'm fine, don't know what you read that made you think I am jumping down your throat.  I simply saw the call a different way than you did.  Some fans will like the call, some won't.  The only reason it was the "wrong" call was because they didn't convert

0ap3000000901407_thumbnail_200_150.jpg
Buffalo snuck into the sixth seed on Sunday, thanks to their 22-16 win over the Miami Dolphins and Cincinnati's late 31-27 win over the Baltimore Ravens.

The last Sunday of the regular season is in the books. Here are some of our big takeaways from the Week 17 games today.

Bills 22, Dolphins 16

A winding journey of a Week 17 game went from a handy defeat to an interesting game in the final moments. Buffalo did about as much as it could to give this one away, but thanks to the Bills holding on via Jordan Poyer's game-sealing interception of David Fales, and a stunning Baltimore Ravens defeat, the Bills are heading to the playoffs for the first time since we waved goodbye to the 20th Century. The big question now, though, is if the Bills will have LeSean McCoy, who was carted off with an ankle injury and did not return. NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported X-rays on McCoy's ankle were negative, but even if it's a sprain, we'll have to wait to see how severe it is -- which will have a direct impact on Buffalo's chances against Jacksonville in the Wild Card round.

-- Nick Shook

After 17 years of anguish, anxiety, and frustration... the Buffalo Bills have ended their playoff drought by finding their way into the postseason this year. 7ABC's Joe Buscaglia and Matthew Fairburn of NYUpstate.com reflect on the year that was, what this means to the fans of the team, and what it means moving forward.

Bills vs. Dolphins Game Book PDF

SEAN MCDERMOTT: "IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME COMING" (7:27)
The Bills head coach talks about the win over the Dolphins, making the playoffs in his first year as head coach, and how special this moment is.

TYROD TAYLOR: "IT DOESN'T JUST STOP HERE" (5:26)
The Bills quarterback talks about making the playoffs, Kyle Williams touchdown run, and LeSean McCoy's injury.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz