The Wall.

Nanker

Just now, SectionC3 said:

So then he lied in 2016.  Got it. 

Hyperbole. He didn't set out to lie like "if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor", "the ACA will save the average family $2500 a year", "my administration was completely scandal free". Shall I go on? 

28 minutes ago, B-Man said:

So you continue to misunderstand what was said.   Expected it.

Hoax.  You’re the one who misunderstands it.  I believe “entirety of our southern border” is the phrase that pays.  

Also, FYI, Jesus was a brown migrant.  So chew on that when you try to square separating migrant parents from migrant children with your “Christian” beliefs. 

27 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Hyperbole. He didn't set out to lie like "if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor", "the ACA will save the average family $2500 a year", "my administration was completely scandal free". Shall I go on? 

Nope.  I’m not interested in your whataboutism.  Trump promised a wall covering the entirety of the southern border.  So he either failed and is a loser, or he lied.  Nothing much else to say on that one.  

28 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Based on this response, it appears that you believe that he lied.  “He didn’t set out to lie” implies that, although not initially intended to lie, he eventually lied.  Thanks for playing!

18 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Does Mexico get a refund for the areas Trump is skipping?

For the hundredth time, or more, when asked in a pre-election interview if he meant that Mexico would send the US a check to pay for the wall, the President said ‘no’ that is NOT what he was planning. Give it a rest.

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

For the hundredth time, or more, when asked in a pre-election interview if he meant that Mexico would send the US a check to pay for the wall, the President said ‘no’ that is NOT what he was planning. Give it a rest.

So what did he mean? Or was it another trump hoax?  

Just now, SectionC3 said:

So what did he mean? Or was it another trump hoax?  

Excellent question. If you want my honest opinion I believe he meant he’d change US policy to ‘defund’ other budgetary or trade elements that would be equivalent to the cost of the Wall. 

17 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Excellent question. If you want my honest opinion I believe he meant he’d change US policy to ‘defund’ other budgetary or trade elements that would be equivalent to the cost of the Wall. 

That's just a little too complicated for 3rd Chair to understand. Mexico is patrolling both their southern and northern borders to help keep the border excursions from Central America at a minimum but 3rd Chair fails to understand that Trump turned them into willing or unwilling partners.

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

That's just a little too complicated for 3rd Chair to understand. Mexico is patrolling both their southern and northern borders to help keep the border excursions from Central America at a minimum but 3rd Chair fails to understand that Trump turned them into willing or unwilling partners.

Thanks. I never really understood The Wall problem. I’m guessing none of these complainers can see it from their house. It’s not bothering those of us who practically can. It’s not even bothering Mexico. I never hear them complain about it.

17 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks. I never really understood The Wall problem. I’m guessing none of these complainers can see it from their house. It’s not bothering those of us who practically can. It’s not even bothering Mexico. I never hear them complain about it.

If Obama had wanted a wall they would have been all for it. 

25 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Hoax.  

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

3rd Chair's default position when he's got nothin'.

Fake news.  Trump said he would built a wall: 

“That is why we support building a wall along our southern border and protecting all ports of entry. The border wall must cover the entirety of the southern border and must be sufficient to stop both vehicular and pedestrian traffic.”

So now am I to believe that the “big, beautiful wall” actually is a bunch of Mexicans wandering around the border area?  I think not.  Trump feels the same way.  It’s very clear that he spoke of a physical structure (that he has yet to deliver).  For example:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-visit-border-wall-san-diego-ca/

6 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

3rd Chair's default position when he's got nothin'.

Speaking of “nothin’,’” tomorrow is the first of the month.  I, and the other taxpayers on this board, would appreciate it if you did not spend the public assistance monies you will receive tomorrow on MAGA merchandise.  Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation.