PS4 vs XBOX - Which is better?

PolishDave

We had the PS2 and PS3, then when it was time to get the updated system (every 4 or 5 yrs it seems), my son wanted the XBox. It has taken some getting used to with the controller, but it’s every bit the machine we need. Great graphics, sound, a lot of people online to find matches. As you may know, I’ve been playing Call of Duty WW2 and it is really a great escape after work. Plain old fun. If you get the XBox version, message me and I’ll add you to the other XBox users. 

As for technical info....I have no friggin clue. Lol

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Commonsense said:

It's like Coke or Pepsi. Once you pick one you never really give the other one a chance.

Always have been a PlayStation owner, I don't get to play it that much anymore though. 

It's a multi hundred dollar choice not a buck...otherwise I'd give it a try.  Been playing Xbox for many years, I'm satisfied.

• Thank you (+1) 1

i think it depends on which system exclusive games you want.  some games only are available on the xbox, other on ps4.  i'm a console whore, so i have both.  i don't even have a ton of time to play anymore, (pretty much when everyone is in bed) but i love getting new consoles.  if it's basic versions of both, the ps4 is probably a bit more powerful.  the xbox seems to be better as an entertainment system, and i've always felt the online play as a bit more on point.  

if you want to spend some money, get the xbox one x  that considered the most powerful of all the systems.  it's not really worth it unless you have a 4k tv though.  either way i don't think you'll go wrong.

agree with teef.  It depends if you are looking for a console specific game.  There are only a few of those left anymore though.  I own a ps4 because I owned a ps3 because I owned a ps2 because I owned a ps.  If you are a hardcore gamer you might notice a difference.  If you are not it really won't matter much.  I started with Playstation because online gaming was free.  That isn't the case anymore so there is even less of a distinction between systems.  Video games for me are a social thing so most of my friends also own ps4s.  Just put in a 3 hour cod session last night :ph34r: 0:).  Might not seem like much but that is the most I have played consecutively in a few years.  Used to play all night!

50 minutes ago, section122 said:

agree with teef.  It depends if you are looking for a console specific game.  There are only a few of those left anymore though.  I own a ps4 because I owned a ps3 because I owned a ps2 because I owned a ps.  If you are a hardcore gamer you might notice a difference.  If you are not it really won't matter much.  I started with Playstation because online gaming was free.  That isn't the case anymore so there is even less of a distinction between systems.  Video games for me are a social thing so most of my friends also own ps4s.  Just put in a 3 hour cod session last night :ph34r: 0:).  Might not seem like much but that is the most I have played consecutively in a few years.  Used to play all night!

I played for about an hour while having a beer (or two). It's a nice escape. BUT, if I play for longer periods of time, my adrenaline gets all out of whack....seriously. LOL I have to give it a rest for a few hours and then go back and play again unless my wife has chores for me.

I'm just going to say PC master race. If you have to go console PS4. I still would go high end PC. Now I have to go wash myself after talking about console gaming. I feel so dirty.

Edited by Lfod