50 yrd FG

Sky Diver

15 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

My point was that supporting a position with facts, logic, and history make people unpopular on this board. It doesn't matter if you're overwhelmingly correct, people refuse to believe what their own eyes clearly showed them. Thanks again!

And my point is he is supporting a position that doesn't matter even if he is 100% correct. Stating the chances of making the field goal are higher than making the 1st down is irrelevant even if true, which can be argued.

25 minutes ago, Chemical said:

And my point is he is supporting a position that doesn't matter even if he is 100% correct. Stating the chances of making the field goal are higher than making the 1st down is irrelevant even if true, which can be argued.

That same point is argued with the Seattle's decision to pass instead of running Lynch in the SB. That season, Lynch was something like 2 for 5 from the goal line that year. Your gut says run Lynch, but logic, evidence, and history say not to run Lynch. Bills had a better chance of making the FG than getting the 1st down. Most likely...

Good luck next week. It would be nice to see the Bills in the playoffs again. Of course, if they make the playoffs, the same TT supporters will be calling for the Bills to keep him. Logic, evidence, and history show that TT stinks :)

1 minute ago, ricko1112 said:

That same point is argued with the Seattle's decision to pass instead of running Lynch in the SB. That season, Lynch was something like 2 for 5 from the goal line that year. Your gut says run Lynch, but logic, evidence, and history say not to run Lynch. Bills had a better chance of making the FG than getting the 1st down. Most likely...

OMG are you serious? It doesn't matter that a FG was more likely than making the first down. That's not the point. The season was on the line and they had to win the game - a FG does absolutely nothing there. 

My god people are dense

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

OMG are you serious? It doesn't matter that a FG was more likely than making the first down. That's not the point. The season was on the line and they had to win the game - a FG does absolutely nothing there. 

My god people are dense

Except when they didn't get the 1st down, you people would be the screaming that the Bills should have taken the 3 points. The score was 23-16 at that point. There was no need to panic at that point. Trying for the 1st down would have put the Bills in full blown panic mode. Good call, bad result.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

In this weather, when they were taking chances on 4th down all day? Who made that ridiculous call?

Weather doesn’t matter.  It was an awful decision—firing offense, actually, especially vs the Pats.  Absolutely disgraceful surrender.

1 hour ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Hindsight. It's a wonderful thing.

Hindsight has nothing to do with it.  It was a disgraceful call before and after the kick.

12 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

Except when they didn't get the 1st down, you people would be the screaming that the Bills should have taken the 3 points. The score was 23-16 at that point. There was no need to panic at that point. Trying for the 1st down would have put the Bills in full blown panic mode. Good call, bad result.

LOL no, I wouldn't have said it was a bad decision. In fact, in the game thread I said they have to go for it there, not kick it - BEFORE the kick. 

It's like arguing with a tree. There is no possibility of people realizing they're wrong on here. 

Everyone does know fwiw means “for what it’s worth”, right?

I would have rather seen them go on that 4th down, but it’s not like it was completely off the wall call, IMO and the stats (seem to) back it up.

Had they made that kick, they’re down by 4, they kick off to the Pats who then don’t have such a short field to work with.

Obvi, this is the Pats and you want to keep on the gas, but as was said, if they don’t convert, they’re answering questions on why they didn’t take the points...

1 minute ago, Heitz said:

Everyone does know fwiw means “for what it’s worth”, right?

I would have rather seen them go on that 4th down, but it’s not like it was completely off the wall call, IMO and the stats (seem to) back it up.

Had they made that kick, they’re down by 4, they kick off to the Pats who then don’t have such a short field to work with.

Obvi, this is the Pats and you want to keep on the gas, but as was said, if they don’t convert, they’re answering questions on why they didn’t take the points...

McDermott lost me today. Unless he hires someone smarter than him in the offseason to make all game management decisions, he will never win here.

That decision was mind-numbingly stupid. I was throwing things even before Hauschka missed the kick.

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

McDermott lost me today. Unless he hires someone smarter than him in the offseason to make all game management decisions, he will never win here.

That decision was mind-numbingly stupid. I was throwing things even before Hauschka missed the kick.

Absolutely correct.   Even if he makes it, we're still down by 4 and giving the ball back to Brady.

A brutally bad, gutless, clueless decision in a game with not much to lose.    The failure to go for the first down there is everything I hate about what the Bills have become over this last 17 years.    It's one thing to have inferior talent; it's another thing entirely to play scared.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, MRM33064 said:

Absolutely correct.   Even if he makes it, we're still down by 4 and giving the ball back to Brady.

A brutally bad, gutless, clueless decision in a game with not much to lose.    The failure to go for the first down there is everything I hate about what the Bills have become over this last 17 years.    It's one thing to have inferior talent; it's another thing entirely to play scared.

I can stomach players having less talent and ability than the other team. I cannot stomach a dumb head coach making dumb decisions.

• Like (+1) 1

Playoffs on the line you go for it!!  simple in that situation....all season long with being way too conservative....against the Pats you cant do this....

Edited by JPP
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

20 minutes ago, MRM33064 said:

4 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I can stomach players having less talent and ability than the other team. I cannot stomach a dumb head coach making dumb decisions.

1 minute ago, JPP said:

Playoffs on the line you go for it!!  simple in that situation....all season long with being way too conservative....against the Pats you cant do this....

These guys all get it. 

It is a failure of leadership.

16 minutes ago, MRM33064 said:

And if they don’t make it, they’re down by 7 and Brady is getting the ball.  If they do make it and then (no guarantee) go on to score it’s tied and Brady gets the ball.

Again, I would have preferred we go - what do we have to lose - but I do understand “taking the points”, which as the FG stats show, was a pretty good shot.

While you see it as “gutless”, I’m sure McD was thinking - let’s get these points, stop them and score again (potentially to go ahead in the 4th quarter).