Tyrod Taylor & Julian Edelman

Tyrod is absolutely lethal out in the open field. 

Dropping back to pass, not so much. In fact, Taylor throwing the football is not really conducive to anything other than punting. 

Given his intelligence and athleticism, had he converted to WR like Julian Edelman (former QB at Kent State), Tyrod could have been one of the most dangerous WRs in the game. 

Of course, landing on a team with Tom Brady throwing the football would be kind of important in this hypothetical too. 

I agree that Tyrod's athleticism is underutilized, and I wish he could work with the coaches to better use his ability.  However...

Edelman gets his bell rung on almost every play.  He's going to be in a nursing home by the time he is 50.  I think Welker is headed that way also.

Not only would I not want to doom Tyrod to that situation, I don't think Tyrod is resilient enough to handle those hits.  I hope he is too smart to subject himself to it.

7 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Dropping back to pass, not so much. In fact, Taylor throwing the football is not really conducive to anything other than punting. 

Given his intelligence and athleticism, had he converted to WR like Julian Edelman (former QB at Kent State), Tyrod could have been one of the most dangerous WRs in the game. 

Of course, landing on a team with Tom Brady throwing the football would be kind of important in this hypothetical too. 

I think that’s insulting. Edelman was a QB at Kent State and Tyrod has a winning record in the NFL. The guy has the lowest INT percentage ever but we want to make him a WR?!? It’s okay to not like Tyrod as the Bills QB but he isn’t changing positions. 

• Like (+1) 4

I don't know if he's ever played WR in High School or college but he definitely has the speed.  His unofficial 40 time was a 4.46 at the NFL combine.  He's a little undersized, but he could have been the next Slash if he wanted to go that way.

8 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

This is an emotionally based statement that has no basis in fact.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/5/25/15689906/tyrod-taylor-buffalo-bills-in-pocket-passing-statistics

It is this emotional BS that leads too many of you to think that Tyrod would be some sort of superstar if he had the right system and OC. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that’s insulting. Edelman was a QB at Kent State and Tyrod has a winning record in the NFL. The guy has the lowest INT percentage ever but we want to make him a WR?!? It’s okay to not like Tyrod as the Bills QB but he isn’t changing positions. 

He's also 26th in passing yards and 25th in passing TD's.  Last year he was 25th and 24th.  Year before that 23rd and 20th.  I like Tyrod, but we need a guy who will push it down the field more as you have to run an antiquated scheme with him as your quarterback.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

He's also 26th in passing yards and 25th in passing TD's.  Last year he was 25th and 24th.  Year before that 23rd and 20th.  I like Tyrod, but we need a guy who will push it down the field more as you have to run an antiquated scheme with him as your quarterback.

...and led top 10 scoring offenses and had a top 10 QBR and went to the Pro Bowl both years (say what you want but that puts him in the top half of QBs). The guy isn’t switching positions and it is insulting (and borderline racist) to even suggest it. I don’t remember anyone ever suggesting an athletic white QB switches positions (and Tebow doesn’t count because he was an awful QB like Pryor) but we see it all of the time with black QBs. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

...and led top 10 scoring offenses and had a top 10 QBR and went to the Pro Bowl both years (say what you want but that puts him in the top half of QBs). The guy isn’t switching positions and it is insulting to even suggest it.

Do you think the Bills should keep him as the starting quarterback next year?

13 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

I agree that Tyrod's athleticism is underutilized, and I wish he could work with the coaches to better use his ability.  However...

Edelman gets his bell rung on almost every play.  He's going to be in a nursing home by the time he is 50.  I think Welker is headed that way also.

Not only would I not want to doom Tyrod to that situation, I don't think Tyrod is resilient enough to handle those hits.  I hope he is too smart to subject himself to it.

Agree.

Running QBs rarely hold up over the long haul.

10 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Another falsehood that's posted all too often on TSW. 

DRWgOLBVQAA5YiH.jpg

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

...and led top 10 scoring offenses and had a top 10 QBR and went to the Pro Bowl both years (say what you want but that puts him in the top half of QBs). The guy isn’t switching positions and it is insulting to even suggest it.

It would be fair to add QB rushes to their passing stats.  Consider each run a completion and add the rushing yardage to their passing yardage totals.

Tyrod's shortcomings aren't so much what he produces but what he fails to produce, missed opportunities. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

This is an emotionally based statement that has no basis in fact.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/5/25/15689906/tyrod-taylor-buffalo-bills-in-pocket-passing-statistics

It is this emotional BS that leads too many of you to think that Tyrod would be some sort of superstar if he had the right system and OC. 

All they need to do is get him into space.  :lol:

Bills fans are so easily duped by 'athleticism'.  Remember when they were going to dominate with Brad Smith?

1 minute ago, keepthefaith said:

It would be fair to add QB rushes to their passing stats.  Consider each run a completion and add the rushing yardage to their passing yardage totals.

Tyrod's shortcomings aren't so much what he produces but what he fails to produce, missed opportunities. 

That’s well said

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

...and led top 10 scoring offenses and had a top 10 QBR and went to the Pro Bowl both years (say what you want but that puts him in the top half of QBs). The guy isn’t switching positions and it is insulting (and borderline racist) to even suggest it. I don’t remember anyone ever suggesting an athletic white QB switches positions (and Tebow doesn’t count because he was an awful QB like Pryor) but we see it all of the time with black QBs. 

...And there it is. 

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to whip that one out.

It's amazing you went there, considering I compared Tyrod to a white player who found success transitioning from QB to WR. But you just couldn't help yourself, right? 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, twoandfourteen said:

...And there it is. 

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to whip that one out.

It's amazing you went there, considering I compared Tyrod to a white player who found success transitioning from QB to WR. But you just couldn't help yourself, right? 

You compared him to a scrub college QB that was only ever going to be a WR. The comparison is assine at its core. Yes, it is borderline racist to suggest that a QB with a 4:1 TD to int ratio switch positions. If you don’t like him as the Bills QB fine, most agree. 

4 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

His shortcomings are absolutely what he actually produces. Even when you add his rushing totals, Tyrod is still miles behind most QBs passing-only totals. 

If I were a defensive coordinator, I would much rather give up 165 yards passing & 55 yards rushing (220 total yards) to Taylor instead of 285-315+ passing yards to a guy like Carson Wentz or Phil Rivers. 

29 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. These are real life Bills fan saying this ****. So funny. Worst fans in the NFL.

Edelman was no where near the passer Taylor was in college.  He won big games and put up good numbers in a power 5 conference and led them to a conference title.   Taylor having a career record over 500 as a NFL QB makes him a top 20 QB in a Qb starved league.  Apples to trucks

• Like (+1) 1