“Fighting for our freedom?”

Justice

3 hours ago, Justice said:

I’ve heard this phrase countless times in my life and I just don’t get it. It’s a serious question. We haven’t been attacked on our soil here in the states since Pearl Harbor. Can someone please explain it to me? 

I was totally against the Iraq War but I get the idea behind it. Democratic nations that are stable are peaceful and make for a better world. Vietnam turned out to be a bad idea, but if they had become a democratic nation that would have been good, too. 

The more freedom loving countries in the world the better and if we have to fight, like in Korea, to help form, protect or aid democratic allies, I generally think its a good idea. Can you imagine if Hitler had won? 

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

Want to read something "interesting."

Rough, but interesting.

"Can't Kill Enough To Win....Think Again."

https://m.usni.org/magazines/proceedings/2017-12/cant-kill-enough-win-think-again

You can if you kill them ALL.

Or materially enough of them that they give up.

4 hours ago, Justice said:

I didn’t count 9/11 because it wasn’t an attack from a military force. 

'Military force' needs defining...if you're thinking Japan = Pearl Harbor so Saudi Arabia =/= September 11th or ISIS =/= what-have-you and thus our 'freedom' (again, nebulous) isn't in jeopardy...your question seems dated to say the least.

6 hours ago, Justice said:

I’ve heard this phrase countless times in my life and I just don’t get it. It’s a serious question. We haven’t been attacked on our soil here in the states since Pearl Harbor. Can someone please explain it to me? 

We enjoy many "freedoms" in this country. Most are codified in The Constitution and its amendments. Conservatives and Libertarians are very conscious of these individual and collective freedoms and strive to protect them. Thus, "fighting for our freedom" isn't just about keeping us all from being conquered by a foreign power. 

10 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

Helped install Saddam

Used both saddam and iran against each other

Supports ruthless monarchy in Saudi Arabia

Bombing of yemen rebels

Nefarious activities versus Libya unprovoked

Support of Ruthless dictator in Egypt for decades

1953 Iran

The United States deserved 9/11 you can blame the United States government and their naked aggression first Middle Eastern people for oil

The 3000 americans who died have one entity to blame

The U.S. govt

PERIOD

You're not fighting for Freedom you're fighting for the central banks across the world along with foreign corporations

1 hour ago, westerndecline said:

Helped install Saddam

Bombing of yemen rebels

1953 Iran

The United States deserved 9/11 you can blame the United States government and their naked aggression first Middle Eastern people for oil

The U.S. govt

PERIOD

You're not fighting for Freedom you're fighting for the central banks across the world along with foreign corporations

You know, you can go !@#$ yourself.

11 hours ago, westerndecline said:

Helped install Saddam

Bombing of yemen rebels

1953 Iran

The U.S. govt

PERIOD

And who runs the banks?

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

3000 or so families would take great offense to that statement. 

So would a group of airline pilots who enjoyed the "freedom" of going to work to take care of passengers and get them where they're going without having their throats slashed.

On 12/22/2017 at 9:17 AM, Justice said:

As tragic as a day that was our freedom was never under any serious threat 

Flip the question on its head and ask how flying three planes into buildings full of people, or running people down with a semi truck is supposed to ensure the freedom to prostrate on a rug 5 times a day?