Would you trade the Bills 2 first round picks to the 49ers for Garoppalo?

The 9 Isles

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Rumor is BB wanted trade Brady in the off season for multiple picks and sign Jimmy G long term contract. Kraft wouldn't hear of it and told him No. 

im not sure how true that rumor is but I wouldn't be shocked if it i was true.

I wouldn’t have been surprised. HC have egos, and probably after hearing the pats success is more due to Brady than the brilliance of B.B., so, I could see him wanting to get rid of Brady and try to win one with Jimmy. Plus, he would’ve been applauded for trading a 40 year old QB for multiple picks. When has that ever been done?

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I wonder has any QB ever done it with 2 different teams? I hope he does well for the 49ers. May he be the QB they been truly looking for since their golden days.

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He learned under one of the best 4th quarter QBS IN NFL History. And damn it he is fun to watch! 

Rumor is BB wanted trade Brady in the off season for multiple picks and sign Jimmy G long term contract. Kraft wouldn't hear of it and told him No. 

I believe that 100%.  Otherwise Bill would have traded jimmy G during the draft and would have gotten a first for him.  Bill's plan was to build and cement his legacy and win with Jimmy G.  Just like what happened in San Fran or Green bay with Farve and Montana.  Bill would not have trade Brisett i he was going to let Jimmy go.  They have nothing behind Brady and Brady is 40.  This was a move that goes against everything Bill has done in NE.  Kraft has a personal relationship with Brady and I believe it was mandated that Brady is retireing a Patriot.  If the Patriots do not win a Superbowl this year they will not win another.  

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

I believe that 100%.  Otherwise Bill would have traded jimmy G during the draft and would have gotten a first for him.  Bill's plan was to build and cement his legacy and win with Jimmy G.  Just like what happened in San Fran or Green bay with Farve and Montana.  Bill would not have trade Brisett i he was going to let Jimmy go.  They have nothing behind Brady and Brady is 40.  This was a move that goes against everything Bill has done in NE.  Kraft has a personal relationship with Brady and I believe it was mandated that Brady is retireing a Patriot.  If the Patriots do not win a Superbowl this year they will not win another.  

I don't know if I would go that far. Brady is getting old but I mean he is up for league MVP.. so let's say he goes down a bit, he will still be elite and have the smarts diagnose a D next year and with the weapons around him they should still have a good chance .

12 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I don't know if I would go that far. Brady is getting old but I mean he is up for league MVP.. so let's say he goes down a bit, he will still be elite and have the smarts diagnose a D next year and with the weapons around him they should still have a good chance .

Manning played game manger for Denver.  That team is supremely more talented than NE at all phases of the game.  The last few years Ne has jettisoned their early picks for veteran players that haven't worked out.  If Brady drops below a MVP level they will not be half the team they are now.  They will look alot like Greenbay without Rodgers.  They do not have alot young talent and the players that are young and skilled are getting close to their second contracts that they will not be able to pay for.  Cook and Bulter are close to making 40 mil a piece.  Trading Jimmy G after trading Brisset was a terrible decision and not one a football lifer would make.  By not trading Jimmy G for a first rd pick it tells me Bill believed he was a franchise caliber Qb.  He picked the 49ers not because of the coaches or direction of the franchise.  They were the worst team in a different conference and Bill would only face him once every 4 years.  

Edited by Mat68

Sounds like a BB move. Would've been seen as stupid by the massive knee jerk response that would've followed but in the end he would have been hailed as a genius as the Pats would have had another QB in place for the decade to come while the team (likely the Bills) who grabbed for Brady realized a forty-plus QB doesn't have the same luster.

Kraft is too sentimental.  Trading Brady would have been the smart move.

With the picks and jimmy, it could have added a decade to the dynasty.

21 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I wonder has any QB ever done it with 2 different teams? I hope he does well for the 49ers. May he be the QB they been truly looking for since their golden days.

He learned under one of the best 4th quarter QBS IN NFL History. And damn it he is fun to watch! 

if the 49ers cant come to an agreement and he is Franchised I absolutely would kick the tires.  As close and as friendly as him and Brady were it seems like Brady forced a power play with Kraft to get jimmy G out of there.  Imo Garapalo would like the opportunity to beat Kraft and Brady a couple time a year.   

2 minutes ago, Charlottebillsfan2 said:

My concern this season was Brady would get hurt And jimmy g would win a Super Bowl and lead the pats for another ten plus years. 

I still cant believe they traded him that will go down as a huge blunder. 

Not sure of your rationale with him approaching UFA in 2018.  Jimmy G wanted to play instead of sit behind Brady and that put NE in a bind. Would it have been better to let him walk for nothing?

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not sure of your rationale with him approaching UFA in 2018.  Jimmy G wanted to play instead of sit behind Brady and that put NE in a bind. Would it have been better to let him walk for nothing?

I think he is saying to go with Jimmy G and force Brady to retire or be traded.  I'm sure the Bills would have given NE a bunch more than San Fran did too.

I heard a similar rumor as well from a source in Boston. And it's not that shocking considering that Hoodies loves to sell high and buy low.

Either way you look at though it's hard to cut or trade the greatest player of all time regardless of what a team might be willing to offer.

As for Jimmy G, he is certainly looking the part so far in San Fran but Pats fans shouldn't have regrets especially if Brady plays another 5 years and wins at least one more championship in the process.

1 minute ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I heard a similar rumor as well from a source in Boston. And it's not that shocking considering that Hoodies loves to sell high and buy low.

Either way you look at though it's hard to cut or trade the greatest player of all time regardless of what a team might be willing to offer.

As for Jimmy G, he is certainly looking the part so far in San Fran but Pats fans shouldn't have regrets especially if Brady plays another 5 years and wins at least one more championship in the process.

If the 49ers traded Steve young instead of Montana they dont win another Superbowl.  If Greenbay trade Rodgers instead of Farve they dont win another Superbowl.  It is in the best interest of the franchise to trade the old QB a year early instead of the promising QB with his whole career ahead of him.  Jimmy G has not reached his potential yet.  Brady is on the decline of his career. 

The

2 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

If the 49ers traded Steve young instead of Montana they dont win another Superbowl.  If Greenbay trade Rodgers instead of Farve they dont win another Superbowl.  It is in the best interest of the franchise to trade the old QB a year early instead of the promising QB with his whole career ahead of him.  Jimmy G has not reached his potential yet.  Brady is on the decline of his career. 

NE will find out now how the Bills felt after Kelly retired, with no young stud behind him.

• Like (+1) 1