Bills Pro Bowl Players

corta765

40 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

This leads me to wonder... Where is Lorenzo Alexander the one year wonder king?

???

He’s a terrible Lb but he’s still effective when he rushing the passer.  Really wish they’d utilized him in that respect more often.  When they put him inside on the DL on passing situations he really gets after it.  Might not get sacks, the the pressure is there. 

44 minutes ago, Bill Murray said:

TT wont get in this year.  Brady, Big Ben, and Rivers / Alex Smith.  Then you have the next group which includes McCown, Bortles(?), Mariota(?) Flacco(?) and Tyrod.  I think this year is tough even if both Brady and Big Ben drop.  

Bortles had a rocky start but he's been playing well since about mid-season -- and apparently getting even better the last two or three games.  Maybe he's decided he really wants an NFL career rather than be a party boy.  I think McCown might make it as a sentimental choice.  He certainly played better than anybody thought he would.  Mariota just hasn't played well most of the season.  If Tennessee didn't have that stout D, they'd be a 4-5 win team if they had to depend upon their supposed franchise QB.  Flacco also hasn't played well.  He's really shortened his game down this year, probably because of the problems the Ravens have had with their OL. 

I think Bortles and McCown get added althought McCown won't be able to play because of injury.

49 minutes ago, Bill Murray said:

btw, looking at last year it seems 3 RBs make it...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Pro_Bowl

...Also, dont look now but Marquise Goodwin is 6th in the NFC in receiving yards, while robert woods also has had a very strong year.  Zach Brown on pace to exceed last years tackle total.  They all could make it as alternates, do they count?  

Only if you count Pro Bowlers whom the Bills sent packing.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

He’s a terrible Lb but he’s still effective when he rushing the passer.  Really wish they’d utilized him in that respect more often.  When they put him inside on the DL on passing situations he really gets after it.  Might not get sacks, the the pressure is there. 

Taking Lawson off the field in passing downs and putting Alexander on the line would have been the ideal choice.  That was it. Both are terrible. 

8 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Taking Lawson off the field in passing downs and putting Alexander on the line would have been the ideal choice.  That was it. Both are terrible. 

Whats really frustrating with Shaq is he was a 1st rnd pick who has now had two sizeable injuires that have limited his season. THEN add in this scheme was suppose to be better for him and he still was ineffective and he really looks like a bust.

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

that year Tyrod made it and couldn't even complete a pass made me cringe.  i think he had more completions to the other team.  he's bad

He has like the lowest interception percentage ever!! You can complain about a lot of things with Tyrod but completing balls to the other team?!?

200w.gif

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He has like the lowest interception percentage ever!! You can complain about a lot of things with Tyrod but completing balls to the other team?!?

200w.gif

Did you not watch the game? He had 3 ints and couldn't even complete a pass in a game where there's no defense. It was embarrassing. All of my friends from out of state that don't follow the Bills were laughing about it very time I saw them

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

Terrible?  Terrible at what.  Such a general statement. Shaq Lawson is not terrible vs the run.  Alexander is not a terrible pass rusher,  in fact, they’re both pretty good in those respects.  Shaq has been terrible rushing the passer and Alexander has been terrible in space,  but I wouldn’t call eithe rplayer terrible.  They both bring something important to the table. 

I agree, that Alexander should’ve been a 3rd down pass rusher (and NEVER in coverage on 3rd).  Shaq was bad rushing the passer.  I think part of the reason Alexander didn’t take shaqs spot on 3rd is because Yarbrough played so well in preseason and camp.  He played ok during the season, but didn’t give us what we needed on passing situations 90% of the time.  Davis has been the better pass rusher of the 2.  

Alexander has been getting pressure (from my recollection.  I haven’t broken down any game tape since week 4).  He belongs playing 3-4 rush backer imo, but can still be an effective player if his sole duty is getting to the qb and creating havoc in the backfield.  He is terrible in space.  He is not terrible rushing the passer.  

25 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Did you not watch the game? He had 3 ints and couldn't even complete a pass in a game where there's no defense. It was embarrassing. All of my friends from out of state that don't follow the Bills were laughing about it very time I saw them

I don’t watch the Pro Bowl. Maybe that’s why he pulled out last year?

39 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

No one should give a **** about the Pro Bowl.

The initial roster is an honor because its not replacements and highlights the best in the game that season. It would be nice for a few Bills to make it. In regards to the game eh whatever haha

6 hours ago, corta765 said:

Today the Pro Bowl rosters are suppose to be released and I wanted to take a quick look at who the Bills may send. Micah Hyde won the fan vote as starting safety in the AFC which he rightfully earned and is in. This is who I see in and who else may have a chance:

Is In:

Micah Hyde: Sublime play and year from him. Plus his leadership his been crucial to keeping the Bills defense afloat.

Should be in:

LeSean McCoy: Buffalo's one true superstar player and man has he turned it on the back half of the season again. He will make it either in the initial team or as an alternate but I would expect him to be in the first group.

TreDavious White: He has built an incredible reputation already in the AFC and should win DROY as look as the Bills make the playoffs. His rating this last week by PFF was so good that Jay Cutler was better off in-completing passes to the ground then throwing at him. Typically CB is a tough Pro Bowl spot to crack but he has forced his way to make this an exception.

Toss Up:

Richie Incognito: He is highly respected league wide for his play and leadership (ironic right). It is not surprise that as his play has improved so has the running games. Additionally for offensive lineman once they start making appearances voters usually stay with guys even if they have a down year just because of their name. Richie has made the Pro Bowl the last two years and I wouldn't be surprised if he is in even though it was a slow start for him.

Jordan Poyer: He is the only player in the NFL with 3 INTs, 2 Sacks this season and he has been magnificent in coverage. The issue for Poyer is Hyde has been a little better and already has a higher reputation in league given his Pro Bowl election. The NFL rarely sees two safeties from the same team make it in and despite Poyer's high play I think he may need a guy to bow out to make it in. That said you never know.

Steven Hauschka: He has had a great year for the Bills at one point going 13 straight FG's completed from 50 or longer. He is one of the few weapons other teams have to acknowledge the Bills have. Hard to say if he makes it only becuse special teams voting is always weird and reputation matters big time where I could see Justin Tucker making it in over Steve just because of that. (credit to YoloinOhio for reminding me on Steve)

We aren't sending any. Our guys will be prepping for the Super Bowl after winning the next 5 games. ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1