If Taylor finishes season strong, do we build around him/Dennison?

JerseyBills

15 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Speaking of buddies.  

Where is jm2009 and his aganda talk?   

Shhh.  We don’t want to cloud their reality.  

COT and a agenda? The cloud is real and the members are getting smaller. They now are pushing for his return in 2018. I wonder what excuse they will use after this NE game? Do you think it will be a OC problem, a D problem, a RB problem? McD problem? Pegula problem? We all know they will not blame the real problem. TrentativeT

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

If Taylor leads us to into the playoffs I believe you pick up his options but still draft a Qb early.  If he is better than Taylor you trade Taylor or you play Taylor until the rookie is ready to lead the team.  

I'm cool with this on the condition we get rid of Dennison. It's obvious his scheme doesn't mix with Tyrod's play style.

31 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

If Taylor leads us to into the playoffs I believe you pick up his options but still draft a Qb early.  If he is better than Taylor you trade Taylor or you play Taylor until the rookie is ready to lead the team.  

It costs too much to just keep him around in hopes the league will offer a trade, he was worth nothing the last time Buffalo was going to move on.

So IMO If Tyrod stays expect them to use a later pick on a QB and use the top picks to build around and fix the rest of the team. That is if they even end up drafting one with Peterman here to develop. The same way the last few fired HCs worked here, no clue what a real QB looks like so just stay the same 7-9 course and wish for a miracle to happen from the last staffs not good enough QB that can not show up every game or even a full game.

I wonder who our next HC will be, will he know what a real QB looks like?

Edited by xRUSHx

8 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

I imagine the Steelers are pretty happy they took the third-best guy a few years ago in the first. Last year, Watson was the #3.

This is apparently a year where there may well be more than two guys with a pretty good shot at being a franchise guy. Being after the first two picked doesn't make you a middle of the road prospect, especially not this year.

Watson is in large part the exception not the rule.  Tell me which one is Watson without looking it up. 

63.1%    2,483yds    17td   8int

60.7%    2,606yds    19td   7int

61.8%    1,699yds    19td   8int

Bill O'Brien is amazing with QB's and Houston has two first round picks at WR.  It's a very good situation.  Watson would not have done what he did here.  Not saying Watson doesn't look good.  Just saying people think QB's and QB's alone make the offense work and really it's much more complicated than that.

PS the other two QB's there are Fitzpatrick and Hoyer.

27 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

2nd half - First drive 

1st and 10 at MIA 39
(12:18 - 3rd) T.Taylor pass incomplete deep right to Z.Jones [C.Harris]. Overthrown, receiver near sideline at MIA 14
3rd and 7 at MIA 36
(11:32 - 3rd) (Shotgun) T.Taylor pass incomplete deep right to D.Thompson. Thrown wide of receiver, 9 yds. into end zone.
4th and 7 at MIA 36
(11:23 - 3rd) (Shotgun) T.Taylor pass incomplete deep left to C.Clay. Overthrown, receiver near sideline at MIA 3.

Is this enough? 

Not for the “it can’t possibly be Tyrod club.”  It has been so long since we have had a decent QB playing for Buffalo some have completely forgotten what that is.  Balls thrown in the vicinity of receivers is now considered excellent QB play. 

I forgot which thread it was but some OP listed TT’s best three road games with two of them being losses.  How laughable is that?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Taylor is as good or bad as the team around him for the most part.  

Goodwin is much better off with Beathard, Hoyer, and Garropolo.   

Hogan is much better off with Brady 

Woods and Watkins are better off with Goff 

Marquise Grey is better off with Keenum.  

I don’t think you’re right.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

If they keep Tyrod they better draft a WR because no way any good ones will want to sign here IMO.

QBs make the world go round, that's why they call it a QB driven league, the league knows this but the COT and OBD does not.

Edited by xRUSHx

2 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Really ........... explain to me how Hogan is better off?  Goodwin is actually playing and not hurt or 3rd string so that's on coaching.  How is Watkins better off.  Christ even Woods for that matter is only putting up marginally better numbers and he's playing in a passing offense with McVay.  You people are nuts.  You will never be able to prove Taylor and Taylor alone sucks because he doesn't.  If you want to say he's not Rogers or Brady I can't say a thing.  You'd be right.  Sometimes you have to quit your bitching and focus on what  would make the team better until you get your Rogers or Brady.  If you ever do get a Rogers or Brady.

5 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Really ........... explain to me how Hogan is better off?  Goodwin is actually playing and not hurt or 3rd string so that's on coaching.  How is Watkins better off.  Christ even Woods for that matter is only putting up marginally better numbers and he's playing in a passing offense with McVay.  You people are nuts.  You will never be able to prove Taylor and Taylor alone sucks because he doesn't.  If you want to say he's not Rogers or Brady I can't say a thing.  You'd be right.  Sometimes you have to quit your bitching and focus on what  would make the team better until you get your Rogers or Brady.  If you ever do get a Rogers or Brady.

He does not suck, he is a good backup. Can show up for a game or two exactly what backups are suppose to be able to do. He is still the backup type QB Baltimore drafted him to be.The problem is he is just not good enough to be a full season starter.

Edited by xRUSHx

44 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

2nd half - First drive 

1st and 10 at MIA 39
(12:18 - 3rd) T.Taylor pass incomplete deep right to Z.Jones [C.Harris]. Overthrown, receiver near sideline at MIA 14
3rd and 7 at MIA 36
(11:32 - 3rd) (Shotgun) T.Taylor pass incomplete deep right to D.Thompson. Thrown wide of receiver, 9 yds. into end zone.
4th and 7 at MIA 36
(11:23 - 3rd) (Shotgun) T.Taylor pass incomplete deep left to C.Clay. Overthrown, receiver near sideline at MIA 3.

Is this enough? 

But Jones dropped a TT pass, everything else in the world must be forgotton, the HUNDREDS of bad TT passes must be forgotton because Jones dropped a pass..... 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, xRUSHx said:

He does not suck, he is a good backup. Can show up for a game or two exactly what backups are suppose to be able to do. The problem is he is just not good enough to be a full season starter.

Thanks for that .............. I wasn't sure how you felt already.  At least you skipped putting in evidence that is made up or doesn't even really support your opinion like some of the others so there's less to read and less time wasted.

Just now, CircleTheWagons99 said:

But Jones dropped a TT pass, everything else in the world must be forgotton, the HUNDREDS of bad TT passes must be forgotton because Jones dropped a pass..... 

Actually he didn't drop that pass ............ as I've already said, they sent out two WR's and one RB and Miami had 5 guys covering 3.  Taylor had to basically throw it away and just tried to throw it somewhere Jones might get to it.  Jones dropped a pass later on that hit him dead in the hands.

26 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Watson is in large part the exception not the rule.  Tell me which one is Watson without looking it up. 

63.1%    2,483yds    17td   8int

60.7%    2,606yds    19td   7int

61.8%    1,699yds    19td   8int

Bill O'Brien is amazing with QB's and Houston has two first round picks at WR.  It's a very good situation.  Watson would not have done what he did here.  Not saying Watson doesn't look good.  Just saying people think QB's and QB's alone make the offense work and really it's much more complicated than that.

PS the other two QB's there are Fitzpatrick and Hoyer.

Did you seriously just take the stats from Watson's 7 games and try to hold them up against Hoyer's 9 and Fitzpatrick's 12 for Houston in 2015 and 2014, respectively? Because wow...that's about as intellectually dishonest as it gets. Awful.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Thanks for that .............. I wasn't sure how you felt already.  At least you skipped putting in evidence that is made up or doesn't even really support your opinion like some of the others so there's less to read and less time wasted.

Actually he didn't drop that pass ............ as I've already said, they sent out two WR's and one RB and Miami had 5 guys covering 3.  Taylor had to basically throw it away and just tried to throw it somewhere Jones might get to it.  Jones dropped a pass later on that hit him dead in the hands.

All I’m doing is pointing out the blind love for TT.....He does no wrong.....

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Did you seriously just take the stats from Watson's 7 games and try to hold them up against Hoyer's 9 and Fitzpatrick's 12 for Houston in 2015 and 2014, respectively? Because wow...that's about as intellectually dishonest as it gets. Awful.

What in the hell are you talking about?  Did you smoke your lunch?  There's nothing dishonest about the numbers that doesn't even make sense.  I was just showing that Houston, and the system and players there, have been able to make a few different QB's look good.  I shouldn't even have to explain that.

56 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Did you watch the damn game?  Really.   First off Taylor just got a first on 2nd and 13 after a crappy run.  Then got another first on 3rd and 8.  The first play you are listing they only sent two WR and a RB out and had five guys covering so yes he threw it away.  The last play to Clay wasn't even a bad throw.  My best guess is Clay didn't see it because he definately should have adjusted for it.

Did YOU?  best guess huh? 

Get used to the fact that there are probably less than a dozen Tyrod Faithful left on TBD.  

Sincerely 

Tyrod apathetic

56 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

COT and a agenda? The cloud is real and the members are getting smaller. They now are pushing for his return in 2018. I wonder what excuse they will use after this NE game? Do you think it will be a OC problem, a D problem, a RB problem? McD problem? Pegula problem? We all know they will not blame the real problem. TrentativeT

All of the above 

45 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Not for the “it can’t possibly be Tyrod club.”  It has been so long since we have had a decent QB playing for Buffalo some have completely forgotten what that is.  Balls thrown in the vicinity of receivers is now considered excellent QB play. 

I forgot which thread it was but some OP listed TT’s best three road games with two of them being losses.  How laughable is that?  

Very.    

I'm giving TT the benefit of a game or two here,  20 road games and only three great road games, two of which were losses.  Oh, and his other "great" games were  9 to 7 wins against horrible teams.  

30 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

This is a thread about Tyrod,  lets not single out Zay Jones.     / sarcasm   

:lol:   

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

All I’m doing is pointing out the blind love for TT.....He does no wrong.....

Welcome to the TT haters Club

better know as Club Apathy.

28 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

And here I thought the EM Manuel lovers were bad.  

9 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

What in the hell are you talking about?  Did you smoke your lunch?  There's nothing dishonest about the numbers that doesn't even make sense.  I was just showing that Houston, and the system and players there, have been able to make a few different QB's look good.  I shouldn't even have to explain that.

You used TDs and yards to compare three quarterbacks without mentioning they were compiled by the respective quarterbacks in different amounts of games. Watson only had 7 and he was who you were attempting to argue was a product of a system that gave Hoyer and Fitzpatrick similar statistics, correct?

You don't see how it's relevant to mention that Watson only played in 7 games for Houston as opposed to Hoyer's 9 and Fitzpatrick's 12 when you're using yards and touchdowns for comparisons?

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Ahhh here we go.  Insults.    Bravo my man bravo.