Steelers vs. Patriots

Real McClappy

26 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I totally forgot about that one. That was close and be honest if they had called it incomplete

i been mad, but they def could have! 

He should man up and say he screwed up and should have just thrown it away.

The hot read shouldn’t have been to the center of the defense either. Fade or an out. He checked into a trash read and then forced it in.

28 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Interesting take.

If you think that that fans will feel happier with refs using more judgement... well... a lot think following the letter of the rule is cheating for the pats. Imagine if we gave actual leeway to make a judgment call there instead. 

42 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Threw his coach under the bus. If what he says is true than I can't really blame Ben.

His pass wasn't going to be picked directly anyway.. Defenders aren't supposed to knock the ball up, could have gone straight to another offensive player for all he knew.

The Russell Wilson goal line pick wasn't Russell's fault either, just some pansy receiving.

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

I totally forgot about that one. That was close and be honest if they had called it incomplete

i been mad, but they def could have! 

Cmon PatsFan

This is the epitome of what not a catch is and what instant reply was intended for. The refs did not reverse this one though? 

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/STm-jMucxR4ChmzZTF3TC0CG8nE=/0x0:530x298/720x0/filters:focal(0x0:530x298):gifv():no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/9325645/cookstd.0.gif

Edited by Real McCoy

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

why would they reverse any patsie** catch?

refs/patriots >get the call

it's sickening. I have never despised anything in this life as much as I do the new england patriots**

that's saying a lot

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

why would they reverse any patsie** catch?

refs/patriots >get the call

it's sickening. I have never despised anything in this life and much as I do the new england patriots**

that's saying a lot

I've never seen a team get so many late game changing breaks on both sides of the ball.

Tuck rule (remove the T and pop in a F) was still prob the worst ever, glad it's 100% gone from football. Now they have to fix this damn catch rule that is so obvious to many.

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Chandemonium said:

Just heard Alberto Riveron's explanation on NFL network. The Vice President of officiating cant even explain why it's incomplete without the first sentence out of his mouth being "you can see roethliberger completes the pass" 

Duh.  Contradiction!

3 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

Just heard Alberto Riveron's explanation on NFL network. The Vice President of officiating cant even explain why it's incomplete without the first sentence out of his mouth being "you can see roethliberger completes the pass" 

They'll never admit to getting the on-field call reversal wrong.  Otherwise it will create a mess the NFL will never be able to clean up. 

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

They'll never admit to getting the on-field call reversal wrong.  Otherwise it will create a mess the NFL will never be able to clean up. 

Dramatic much? If the expectation is they have to be perfect or else all hell breaks lose than of course the issue might be more fans than league.

i still don’t get what y’all are arguing is under the ball besides the ground though.

13 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Dramatic much? If the expectation is they have to be perfect or else all hell breaks lose than of course the issue might be more fans than league.

i still don’t get what y’all are arguing is under the ball besides the ground though.

What I'm arguing is that James' right hand was under the ball.  I don't see any conclusive evidence that the ball touched the ground.  I don't think the review judges made the correct call by reversing the on-field call, which was a touchdown.

It's uncanny that these type decisions always seem to break the Pat's way.

This article shows how the patriots benefitted from three critical and disputed late-game booth replays this year. Conspiracy?

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/12/18/alberto-riveron-nfl-senior-vice-president-of-officiating-patriots-calls-jesse-james/stories/201712180138

Edited by JR in Pittsburgh
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

This article shows how the patriots benefitted from three critical and disputed late-game booth replays this year. Conspiracy?

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/12/18/alberto-riveron-nfl-senior-vice-president-of-officiating-patriots-calls-jesse-james/stories/201712180138

To be fair the cooks one looks like a bad call but the jets seemed to be a fumble and yesterday looks incomplete 

6 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

What I'm arguing is that James' right hand was under the ball.  I don't see any conclusive evidence that the ball touched the ground.  I don't think the review judges made the correct call by reversing the on-field call, which was a touchdown.

It's uncanny that these type decisions always seem to break the Pat's way.

But you can see multiple and non consecutive fingers not under it. He’d have to have a freakish thumb and ring finger to be under the ball, no? Can you show a pic illustrating a reasonable spot his hand could be under it?

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

I've never seen a team get so many late game changing breaks on both sides of the ball.

Tuck rule (remove the T and pop in a F) was still prob the worst ever, glad it's 100% gone from football. Now they have to fix this damn catch rule that is so obvious to many.

giphy.gif

I remember watching that from poolside at my son’s AAU hoops tourney hotel with stacks of pizza and plenty of cold beer with the dads. A great night!!! (Except that Brady survived, but...) 

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

To be fair the cooks one looks like a bad call but the jets seemed to be a fumble and yesterday looks incomplete 

But you can see multiple and non consecutive fingers not under it. He’d have to have a freakish thumb and ring finger to be under the ball, no? Can you show a pic illustrating a reasonable spot his hand could be under it?

I'm going by the replay gif that appears in this thread a couple of times.  I have not seen any close up photos, if they exist.  It appears that James transfers the ball from being controlled by his left hand to resting on top of his right hand; the ball slightly rotating would point to this.  You don't need any freakish fingers or thumb for this to occur.

If the ball hit the ground, I suspect you would see the receiver lose control of it, rather than a rotation and continued possession.  That said, I don't think there is enough evidence to change the initial call.

9 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I'm going by the replay gif that appears in this thread a couple of times.  I have not seen any close up photos, if they exist.  It appears that James transfers the ball from being controlled by his left hand to resting on top of his right hand; the ball slightly rotating would point to this.  You don't need any freakish fingers or thumb for this to occur.

If the ball hit the ground, I suspect you would see the receiver lose control of it, rather than a rotation and continued possession.  That said, I don't think there is enough evidence to change the initial call.

In the photo with the “ball comes loose” text added in this thread... what is between the ball and grass? We see two non consecutive fingers on the upper and outside part of the ball. To have fingers on the lower half towards the center would take an oddly shaped hand, no?

Edited by NoSaint

7 hours ago, ricko1112 said:

You're extremely lucky. How boring it is to have everyone agree all the time...

If he were wearing a Patriots' uniform, you would be claiming (and rightly so) that the ball is clearly on the ground. 

So what your saying is you have no evidence showing the ball actually touching the ground? 

• Like (+1) 1

I heard Den Blandino on the radio today, and said from his experience, advising Alberto Riveron, that with social media now you can get something out on Sunday night to deal with damage control from the situation. This is the NFL approach to dealing with the problem. He further went on to say you hope it goes away in 24 hours. Jeez! Its all so clear why they don't solve problems.

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

What part of it? Most is visible in the photo and not under the ball. 

Well it's clear as day that you don't see grass directly underneath the ball otherwise this would be over and done. You can assume or believe that the ball is sitting on the ground all you want, there is nothing confirming or visually showing it touching the grass which means it's no conclusive that it has touched the ground and therefore there is not enough evidence to overturn it.

I'm still waiting to see the photos clearly showing the ball on the ground without it being in his hand........