Week 15- Around the NFL

BuffaloBill

8 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Why would we want to Titans to beat the Rams next week?

It really is dumb. There is way to much of assuming wins from other teams here. I want the Titans to go 8-8. Then hope the chargers do the same. Hopefully we will just be the only team with 9 or 10 wins and none of this tie breaker **** will even matter.

8 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Why would we want to Titans to beat the Rams next week?

Because we need 3 teams to finish 9-7. If only us and the chargers finish 9-7 we are out. If the Titans win in Jacksonville they also win the tiebreaker so they need to win next week or both and LAC lose one more. 

This is why the Chiefs vs Chargers debate was so complicated from the beginning. The numbers said our odds were better if the Chiefs won but that math assumed the Titans would win today. 

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Jimmy G. has just guaranteed himself a Kirk Cousins situation.  He'll get paid, but the Niners do have some leverage with the franchise tag. It turns out he wasn't just a Pats system guy after all.

EDIT: and I have to assume the "Shanahan will sign Cousins" thing is probably over too. 

There had to be a handshake deal in place before the trade was finalized. He will get a very nice contract—at least 5 years and $100 Million.

Edited by mannc

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Who wins the tie breaker if only us and the Titans are 9-7? I can’t see the Chargers winning their last two games, I think that loss to KC will devistate them and they could fold.

If the win is against Jacksonville, they get in. If I remember correctly.

11 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Probably could use a Raider loss here

Can't figure the Raiders equation out. I think they can muddy the waters, but don't know how that'd effect the Bills (we hold the tie breaker w/ them one on one and unsure of conference record at this time). Maybe playing for something may help them against the Chargers in the final week. I know SD doesn't hold many tie breakers, with the exception of beating us.