More from obd

4 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

ZERO picks for Cousins, I said get Cousins and KEEP the picks

ZERO picks sounds better than the 5 picks for Peterman.

Seriously though, if we could get Cousins AND keep all the picks, I'm confident McBeane could build an annual playoff caliber team, ala the Patriots or Steelers.

Have not confirmed trade package.  Here's what we do know.  Cousins is still under contract with the Redskins.  The Redskins do not want to franchise him.   It will cost them roughly 35 million to do that.  They are not sure if they want to or can sign him to a long-term deal. Prior to free agency, a team cannot talk to a player of their agent which is true but they can discuss a trade.  The Redskins are probably going to let Cousins walk and want something in return.  Cousins would not mind being reunited with Dennison (Connection to WNY). They have an excellent relationship and Cousins respects him. This is why Dennison's future hinges on Cousins coming to Buffalo.  If Dennison is fired then you will know Cousins is not coming.

Why wouldn't we wait until he is released so we do not have to trade draft picks - we would have to compete with 31 other teams for his services.   If we can trade for him, we have our QB.  We would not trade for Cousins unless a long-term deal could be worked out.  It will be expensive 25million + plus numerous draft picks.  The package we heard is outrageous so we want to confirm before we share.  Again, McDermott loves Cousins (Preparation and commitment)

Where will the money come from?  Tyrod will be traded or released after the season.  Two landing spots are Jacksonville or Denver.  Wont get much  if they wont trade a 6th or 7, he will be released.  Glenn will be traded or released.  The problem is his health that is why Beane tried so hard to trade him before the deadline.  Wont get much for him but will be a salary dump. If Kyle does come back which is highly likely at this point, it will be at a reduced salary, our fullback will be released, we are stuck with Clay.

If this does not work out, 50-50 chance, we may go after Alex Smith.  He will still be 20 million plus too but we wont have to give up as much to the Chiefs.(3rd and 7th is what we would offer)  If those both go south, we will make Peterman our #1 and will sign an experienced quarterback to compete with him or back him up.  The bills are paying close attention to what happens in Minnesota.  The only qb they like in the first round his Darnold.

I know many people on this board are saying Cousins is not worth 20+ million dollars.  I don't disagree but the reality is that a franchise or supposedly franchise quarterback will be north of 20 million.  Heck, the Bears gave Glennon 18 million to hold a clipboard.  We are used to a paying peanuts for our quarterback and that is why we have not reached the playoffs.  More to come.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Have not confirmed trade package.  Here's what we do know.  Cousins is still under contract with the Redskins.  The Redskins do not want to franchise him.   It will cost them roughly 35 million to do that.  They are not sure if they want to or can sign him to a long-term deal. Prior to free agency, a team cannot talk to a player of their agent which is true but they can discuss a trade.  The Redskins are probably going to let Cousins walk and want something in return.  Cousins would not mind being reunited with Dennison (Connection to WNY). They have an excellent relationship and Cousins respects him. This is why Dennison's future hinges on Cousins coming to Buffalo.  If Dennison is fired then you will know Cousins is not coming.

Why wouldn't we wait until he is released so we do not have to trade draft picks - we would have to compete with 31 other teams for his services.   If we can trade for him, we have our QB.  We would not trade for Cousins unless a long-term deal could be worked out.  It will be expensive 25million + plus numerous draft picks.  The package we heard is outrageous so we want to confirm before we share.  Again, McDermott loves Cousins (Preparation and commitment)

Where will the money come from?  Tyrod will be traded or released after the season.  Two landing spots are Jacksonville or Denver.  Wont get much  if they wont trade a 6th or 7, he will be released.  Glenn will be traded or released.  The problem is his health that is why Beane tried so hard to trade him before the deadline.  Wont get much for him but will be a salary dump. If Kyle does come back which is highly likely at this point, it will be at a reduced salary, our fullback will be released, we are stuck with Clay.

If this does not work out, 50-50 chance, we may go after Alex Smith.  He will still be 20 million plus too but we wont have to give up as much to the Chiefs.(3rd and 7th is what we would offer)  If those both go south, we will make Peterman our #1 and will sign an experienced quarterback to compete with him or back him up.  The bills are paying close attention to what happens in Minnesota.  The only qb they like in the first round his Darnold.

I know many people on this board are saying Cousins is not worth 20+ million dollars.  I don't disagree but the reality is that a franchise or supposedly franchise quarterback will be north of 20 million.  Heck, the Bears gave Glennon 18 million to hold a clipboard.  We are used to a paying peanuts for our quarterback and that is why we have not reached the playoffs.  More to come.

Daily updates from OBD. Donnie you're like a loosely connected hose, always leaking. 

7 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

We don't have a 7th to offer. Unless you mean a 2019 7th, which is practically worthless.

fat fingered.  sorry

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm confused you when you said the Skins will probably let Cousins walk but want something in return.  Letting him walk means they let him walk.

It would be a sign and trade

14 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Where will the money come from?  Tyrod will be traded or released after the seasonTwo landing spots are Jacksonville or Denver.  Wont get much  if they wont trade a 6th or 7, he will be released.  Glenn will be traded or released.  The problem is his health that is why Beane tried so hard to trade him before the deadline.  Wont get much for him but will be a salary dump. If Kyle does come back which is highly likely at this point, it will be at a reduced salary, our fullback will be released, we are stuck with Clay.

Is Jax actively looking for another QB at this point?  Kind of wondering why they think that Tyrod would be a fit. 

20 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Cousins would not mind being reunited with Dennison (Connection to WNY). They have an excellent relationship and Cousins respects him. This is why Dennison's future hinges on Cousins coming to Buffalo.  If Dennison is fired then you will know Cousins is not coming.

Where did they connect? I've not seen anything that Cousins and Dennison have worked together. So where is this connection coming from?

33 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Shady, can I ask you one simple question.  Why do you follow me and read my postings?  There are so many other ones to read.

I don't follow you.  I "follow" TBD members laughing at your lies. 

As to reading your replies.  We all need a laugh now and then.   It's not hard to scan the first paragraph and pick out the trash and make a comment.  

And I never have to read past the first one. 

30 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm confused you when you said the Skins will probably let Cousins walk but want something in return.  Letting him walk means they let him walk.

No, no.  They let him walk, then expect something in return .  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Don,

Keep in mind that many of the "fans" giving you a hard time on this board have an "interest" in discrediting leakers. They are not really fans and are in fact employees. Their goal is to frustrate you, get you to leave, get you in a fight, and convince neutral readers that you have already been discredited. 

The best defense is to not engage them in any way. Just know that there are many people here who appreciate your input. Please continue with the information you have.

Edited by musichunch

4 minutes ago, musichunch said:

Don,

Keep in mind that many of the "fans" giving you a hard time on this board have an "interest" in discrediting leakers. They are not really fans and are in fact employees. Their goal is to frustrate you, get you to leave, get you in a fight, and convince neutral readers that you have already been discredited. 

The best defense is to not engage them in any way. Just know that there are many people here who appreciate your input. Please continue with the information you have.

thank you

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Why wouldn't we wait until he is released so we do not have to trade draft picks - we would have to compete with 31 other teams for his services.   If we can trade for him, we have our QB.  We would not trade for Cousins unless a long-term deal could be worked out.  It will be expensive 25million + plus numerous draft picks.  The package we heard is outrageous so we want to confirm before we share

Good stuff Don, thanks. Not sure how I feel about using draft picks and a high salary for Cousins. I get it, skip the whole draft a crap shoot QB idea, but less draft capital to build around Cousins would kind of suck. I'm still for it though. Solve our QB issue for the next decade and this regime has shown a good eye for talent so I would feel good about it, depending on how much we have to give up to Washington.

One thing I don't get, if we're done with Tyrod why not start Peterman the rest of the year? We're risking an injury to someone we could trade who we have no need to evaluate further. I guess if the team leadership council wants Tyrod to start McDermott wouldn't have a choice.

Edited by HappyDays